“Very Clean”

Sleep Inn
Ranked #9 of 21 Hotels in Ogden
Reviewed 4 November 2013

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Reviewed 19 October 2013

This place is DIRTY and has BUGS. The lamp was broken so not much light in room. THE CARPET WAS VERY DIRTY. The bathroom tile floor was broken. The room had a bad smell. The bed was worn out. Window had been broken into and didn't look safe. Across from a truck stop.

Room Tip: If you like Choice hotels try Comfort Suites just down the street. Don't stay here!
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 October 2013

We were pleased with this place and came back a second time. Our upstairs rooms in the back wing were quiet both times; only the door to the hallway lets in noise. The rooms and bathrooms are not very well lit, but for sleeping it's good and dark. Beds are good and firm, linens clean and comfortable. The lobby is fresh and inviting and we really liked the breakfast because they provide sausage patties and pre-peeled hard boiled eggs in addition to the cold cereals, waffles, bread and pastries. Rooms are clean and generally in good shape but some details may not be attended to. (In our first room one of the lamps had no switch to turn it on; in the second the heater smoked and set off the fire alarm because of dust build-up from not being used all summer.)

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 October 2013

You never know what to expect when renting a motel room and trying to do so on a budget, so I was pleasantly surprised to discover that the room was clean, as was the bathroom, particularly the sink and shower.The shower was nice with excellent water pressure. The room was comfortable and certainly large enough for my daughter I and our large dog. (They do charge a $10 pet fee, but that is not at all uncommon and we were pleased to be able to have our quiet and well-behaved pet with us). There was a dresser as well as an armoire in the room, and a large table with a large, padded chair on rollers which was nice. The most pleasant aspect of our stay was the breakfast. They had the usual fare of cold cereal with milk and pastries, but they also had biscuits, a delicious gravy to put on your biscuits if you wished, sausage patties, waffles, packets of oatmeal, bagels and cream cheese, yogurt, several kinds of juice as well as hot chocolate, and even boiled eggs for those of us who like a little protein with our breakfast. We stayed for 2 nights and when we came back to our room after a long day at a horse-show, our room was pleasantly made up with my daughter's stuffed teddy propped on the pillow on her bed, which made us both smile. My only complaint was that the bed was hard and uncomfortable, but thats a matter of personal preference and everything else was so nice, I felt I could overlook it. At least the bedding was spotless.While there was a truck-stop across the street, I heard nothing from them during the night and I did not feel at all unsafe as apparently some of the others leaving a review did. I thought the location was great as it was right off the freeway and close to many different places to eat as well as a Wal-Mart.I would definitely recommend this place to a friend, and although I do not often travel, I would not hesitate to stay here again.and am in fact planning on doing so soon. A most pleasant stay for a good price.

Room Tip: Rooms on the west side may be quieter.Ours was on the west side and we had no problems with noise.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 September 2013

Friendly, exceptionally helpful staff. (We were extremely tired & appreciated the staff's help). Rooms a little older, but clean, with clean bedding. Wouldn't mind if they'd "lose" the old ugly bedspreads; but obviously they're in the process of upgrading carpets and it all takes time. When people complain about the mess because of the installation of carpets, the owners must sometimes feel they can't win for losing. This is a perfectly fine older place to spend a night when you're on the road. We didn't get to try the breakfast, so can't comment on that; but overall, thank you for a pleasant stay.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 September 2013 via mobile

Compared to the Sleep Inn in Idaho Falls, this seemed like a different chain. While I believe things were actually clean, it was hard to look beyond the debris that littered the carpet floors in the hallways. It looks like the are replacing carpet, but whoever was doing the baseboard left an enormous amount of debris all over...it made the place look like a dump.

Room was very basic. I only had a shower in mine. No fridge or microwave here.

All in all, it just had a worn feel to the place. I'd go someplace else next time.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 4 September 2013

My husband and I have stayed at this Sleep Inn on numerous occasions and have been very pleased with the comfort and cleanliness of the rooms we've gotten. This trip on the other hand left us feeling dirty and disgusting. The carpet was so filthy we didn't want take our shoes or clothes off. I find it highly unlikely we'll ever go back, I'll find somewhere else for our stop overs.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family