“Not to Best Western Plus Standards”

Best Western Plus High Country Inn
Ranked #3 of 21 Hotels in Ogden
Reviewed 28 September 2013

NO breakfast provided. Odor in room, Poor lighting in bathroom, heating/air conditioner noisy, OLD blow dryer. No elevators for upstairs access.. you have to carry luggage upstairs. Not my favorite. Because of no breakfast, the front desk kept "pushing" the local restaurant in the parking lot. Wonder if Best Western gets a kick back??

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
bwhci, General Manager at Best Western Plus High Country Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2013

We certainly made some mistakes during your stay. I am very sorry that the room you stayed in did not smell fresh and clean and that it had a noisy HVAC unit. I wish I had spoken with you personally so we could get the issues in your room fixed. As to your rhetorical question about the restaurant set up, the folks that own this property do own and operate the restaurant on site. The restaurant has been voted "Best Breakfast" so many times in this area, that we are very proud of it, and try to encourage guests to try it out. I am very sorry if you felt pushed too far by this. I hope that you would consider giving us a second chance to try and make things right should you ever travel through Ogden again.

There are newer reviews for Best Western Plus High Country Inn

Reviewed 22 September 2013

Excellent hotel an staff rooms are always refreshing and relaxing. One of my most favorite hotel destinations whenever I'm traveling out west. One of my must stay hotel destinations. Looking forward to my next visit. Shaun F.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

We all love to have good friends in our life, but there is something special about having a best friend. You can always count on them. I can't tell you how happy I am to hear that our property is a friend that you feel you can count on whenever you come through Ogden. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed 8 September 2013

We decided to layover an extra day, after a long day on the road. Rest up and all that. The room was clean and bright. The bathroom, although some what small, had a good size shower and toilet (unlike the last one we stayed at). We tried the pool, found it to cold and tried the hot tub and found it way to hot (no I am not Goldie locks). One call to the main desk and problem solved. Which is why I'm giving up the fifth dot.

That dot is for the staff. Best Western had better appreciate the professional manner which the staff, there, did their job. If you went to them with a problem ... they got on it.

Room Tip: A room in the *inner court area* will help with the train sounds. Although it wasn't that big of...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

At the end of a long day, I got a laugh from your Goldie Locks comment. Your remark is the kind that typically makes me the most happy. I would love it if we never made mistakes, or had issues at the property, but this is just not so. However, I love to hear when one of my staff members rescues a bad situation with excellent customer service. We very much appreciate your feedback and that fifth dot.

Reviewed 7 September 2013

I liked this hotel, and the staff was friendly, however it did not offer a free breakfast. There are nicer hotels closer to city center, resturants, that offer a free breakfast for the same rate as this hotel. If your a snow bunny then would be okay. If you are a buisiness travel you will expect more.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

I really appreciate your feedback about the breakfast and the rates. The owners of this property also own and operate "Jeremiah's" restaurant onsite. Owing to the fact that we do not offer a free breakfast, we try to keep our rates a bit lower than similar properties in our market here in Ogden. I apologize if this was not the case during your stay. We will make sure to do better at our homework.

Reviewed 2 September 2013

I read the reviews and I was concerned that I would not be able to sleep because I am a very light sleeper. So when I called I did as I always do, I requested a very quiet room. I was very happy to sleep quite well through the night. The room was clean, quiet and the bed was very comfortable.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Thank you so much for your review. Getting a peaceful nights rest is paramount to me when I travel. I can take or leave much of the "fluff", but a good bed and quiet location is wonderful. We are pleased that you found that at our property.

Reviewed 1 September 2013

We had a lovely room, although could have been doing with fly swatters - too many flies in the room. Lovely koi pond at the rear and a lovely very very hot hot tub. Problem was the trains at night & during the night - they were sounding their horns.

Room Tip: One furthest away from the train lines :-)
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
bwhci, General Manager at Best Western Plus High Country Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2013

Congratulations on your retirement! We hope that you had a wonderfully relaxing trip to celebrate that momentous occasion. For some reason, this last part of the summer, we have had a lot of flies in the area. I apologize if they bothered you during your stay. We are working everyday to get rid of them as much as possible. I hope that these little pests would not keep you from coming back to stay with us again.

Reviewed 30 August 2013

My room was on the back of the building and faced a big grassy park with a pond - very nice, and part of the motel. As far as some of the complaints I read about regarding this place: Yeah, I did hear the train in the middle of the night; I went back to sleep. Yeah, the freeway is pretty noisy when you're outside; but I couldn't hear it in the room. I had a nicer experience than I was expecting.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of the Best Western High Country Inn. I always appreciate having a review from a guest that goes contrary to a negative review that they may have seen out there in cyberspace. Thank you for staying with us.