“Very nice”

Best Western Plus High Country Inn
Ranked #3 of 21 Hotels in Ogden
Reviewed 23 March 2014

Check in was very easy. The rooms was very nice. The staff was very helpful. There were a few issues. Some of the light switches in the room didn't work and trying to find one that did work in the was a challenge. The LED? lights by the bed were hanging out. And I had my shower singing to me when I took my show. But these things I was able to live with.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
bwhci, General Manager at Best Western Plus High Country Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2014

Thank you very much for letting us know about the issue with the light in your room. I will make sure to have someone get in that room and take a look at it. I am glad to know that those minor issue did not ruin the balance of your stay with us. Thank you very much for your feedback.

There are newer reviews for Best Western Plus High Country Inn

Reviewed 15 March 2014

This Best Western just about measures a 10. The spa was beat up but other than that everything was great. The gym could use a couple more pieces of equipment but at least the equipment they had worked. Very easy to get to from the highway and easy access to where you need to go.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

I truly appreciate your excellent feedback. I also really appreciate when a guest points out a specific thing in a room or area that we can concentrate on improving. We are working to replace the spa, but in the meantime will try to make sure that it looks more presentable.

Reviewed 15 March 2014

This hotel has great rooms and also their own dog park that is part of the hotel. Great for when you are traveling with a dog. Restaurant has wonderful food and really great service. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Would definitely stay at his hotel again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

What a great review to receive and read at the end of a busy work day. We are so happy to know that we provided such a wonderful experience for you and your pet during your stay. The park out back really is wonderful, especially when the spring weather starts to roll around. Thank you again for your comments and for staying with us.

Reviewed 10 March 2014

This is a nice looking motel just off of I-15 near Ogden. The rooms are a bit dated, but they are comfortable. The room needed bedside lamps that are easy to access from bed. There was a wall mounted lamp that was way above the bed that required getting out of bed to turn it off or on. Unlike most motels that offer a free breakfast with the room, this motel does not. It does have a restaurant nearby. The lobby did have coffee available, but it was instant coffee.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

I was sorry to hear that you found your stay with us just okay. We really want our guests to have an excellent stay with us. I hope that you will consider giving us another chance in the future to do a better job making your stay wonderful.

Reviewed 10 March 2014

Although the staff at the hotel was very good, the bed was old and worn out and the sheets did not fit the bed. Had to get up in the night several times to put the sheets back on after they came off. The mattress was not covered and only had a pad on it which wadded up in the night. The room look out on to a very busy train track with lots of whistles etc.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

I was very sorry to hear that you did not find your bed to comfortable. We try very hard to track of the condition of the beds and get them changed out in a timely manner. I will make sure to take a look at the room you stayed in.

Reviewed 7 March 2014 via mobile

Hotel itself is real nice looking....
It has a great staff, very friendly and helpful.
It has a great location, and I heard a few other guest say it is very convenient to ski areas.
My room was large and clean, the bed was comfortable, large flat screen TV and good wifi.

HOWEVER.... My room was on the south side of the hotel, and ALL night long, it felt and sounded like the passing trains were right next door.
Not just one or two... A trains went by BLASTING its horn at 9pm, 10pm, 1am, 3am, 5am....

Just be aware, IF you want to sleep, get a room on the Northside!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank bu1larry
bwhci, General Manager at Best Western Plus High Country Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2014

First of all, I would like to say thank you for the wonderful compliments that you paid our property and for your favorable review. I do apologize that your stay was disrupted by the passing trains. We are trying to work with the railroad to put in place some other option so they do not need to blow their whistle while directly behind the property.

Reviewed 10 February 2014

Living in the local area, my wife and I were looking for a "get away" location for date night. The Best Western PLUS in Ogden caught our eye on a trip to a doctor's office and we're glad it did. We stayed in a spa suite and couldn't be happier. The room was huge, clean, tastefully decorated, and everything worked properly. The bed, bedding, and pillows were exceptional! The spa tub was awesome and the desk staff were all friendly, experienced, and helpful. We loved our stay and will be using this as our date night location every month. The hotel restaurant was the only draw back. They were far too slow for two sandwiches (30 minutes) although the food was very good. We signed up for the Best Western Rewards program since we plan to return regularly.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Richard C
bwhci, Manager at Best Western Plus High Country Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2014

That is so wonderful that you found our suite to be a great place for you and your sweetheart to get away. My Grandmother, who built this property with my Grandfather and Dad always wanted those suites to be a relaxing get a way for couples who came to stay.