“Pleasant High Country Visit” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of BEST WESTERN PLUS High Country Inn

BEST WESTERN PLUS High Country Inn
Ranked #4 of 21 Hotels in Ogden
Hood River, Oregon
“Pleasant High Country Visit”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014

Our stay at the Ogden, Utah Best Western Plus High Country Inn was a pleasant experience from checking in to checking out. The young lady at the reservation desk was very pleasant during our check in process, she was helpful in telling us of the on site restaurant, the complementary coffee, hot chocolate, etc available in the hotel lobby, the park like area on the back grounds of the hotel. A beautiful area to unwind after a long drive. The on site restaurant was very welcoming and the food and staff were very good.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

bwhci, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS High Country Inn, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Dear Donna,

I would like to thank you, on behalf of the staff here at the Best Western Plus High Country Inn for taking the time to offer your feedback. It sounds like we did our job correctly and you had a very pleasant stay as a result. Thank you very much for staying with us, and hopefully we will see you again in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Lynnwood, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

We were on a vacation utilizing Best Western's free stay offer and have been frequenting Best Westerns recently and this experience was no where near the quality we would expect. The staff was indifferent, the facilities were shabby and the breakfast was a joke.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

bwhci, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS High Country Inn, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
Dear Paul P,

I am very sorry to hear that you felt the room you stayed in was not up to Best Western standards. I noticed that you mentioned that the breakfast was terrible. We do not offer a continental breakfast at this facility. We just have fruit, coffee, tea and hot chocolate available. The owners here do own and operate a full service restaurant on site. We appreciate your feedback and we will work to resolve the issues that you experienced. Once again I sincerely apologize that were not at our best when you came in, but we will work to do better for you in the future.
Aurora, Colorado
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

Very nice curb appeal, clean but I am not sure it should be rated as a "Plus". Very poor lighting in the rooms with only one very small wall sconce near the bed. Our rooms air conditioner did not cool it just blew air. When I reported it, I was thanked but told they all ready had a repair ticket on it. I made this reservation several weeks in advance. If they knew the air conditioner did't work why did they rent the room? It was very warm in Ogden. Only coffee offered in the lobby, breakfast was not included but you could buy breakfast at the on site restaurant. We will pick a different location in the future.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Dear Karen M,

Please allow me to apologize that the Heating/Cooling unit in your room was not working properly during your stay. Normally, that would have been taken care of before the room was opened up to be rented again. I apologize that this did not happen. I very much appreciate you taking the time to tell us about your experience. We will work to make sure that this does not happen again in the future.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014

The lobby to this hotel has a nice log cabin type of feel. The afternoon front desk clerk was somewhat friendly. We checked in asked about breakfast. He said some breakfast items would be provided. The air conditioner in our room was not working. We walked over to the front desk to inform them about the problem. He gave us an option of waiting for the maintenance man or getting a discount and moving to another room. We chose the other room. There is a small walking park by the hotel that is only for the hotel guests. I enjoyed it. Breakfast items provided were coffee, apples and oranges. The morning front desk clerk could use a smile.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Glorya L
bwhci, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS High Country Inn, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Dear Glorya,

Thank you very much for staying with us and we very much appreciate your feedback. I would like to apologize if you felt that some of our staff were not as friendly as they could have been. We will do our best to work on that in the future. We sincerely hope that you will consider giving us another chance to serve you should you ever pass through Ogden again. Thank you again for your input.
pocatello, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014

very nice accomodations. clean, neat, breakfast was adequate. room rates were reasonable. would use them again. closer to where we had a meeting, easy to get to from the highway. I HAVE NOTHING ELSE TO ADD.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

We would like to thank you for the postivie feedback that you offered our property. There is absolutely nothing wrong with being short and to the point. We hope to see you again in the near future.
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

The room was fine. Clean, large, comfortable but the best part was the park like grounds & koi pond just outside our door. I used many quarters buying fish food from the machine to watch the feeding frenzy. It was so nice that they even have weddings out by the pond & waterfall. A very nice respite on a road trip.

Stayed June 2014
bwhci, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS High Country Inn, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Dear Helen L,

It was wonderful to hear that you found so much relaxation out at our park area and pond in the back. We are pleased that you found this area that we added in the past few years. We hope that you will visit us again in the future and will enjoy seeing you again in the future.
Oceanside, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

Non-smoking room smelled very strongly of smoke. Also, I stayed there because I was visiting a friend in Ogden before continuing on my road trip to Yellowstone. I accidentally left something there and called the same day around 6pm. The front desk clerk did not offer to check the room for the missing item and was not what I would call "friendly" on the phone. The front desk person asked me to call back between the hours of 9 and 5 when housekeeping, who had the key, could check on if it was in their closet (the housekeepings', not the room we stayed in). Eventually the clerk gave in after I explained the item's sentimental value. The clerk did not take my number but asked me to call back in 20 minutes. I called back in 30 and there was no success in finding the item in the room. Luckily, the next day when I called, the housekeeping had my item in their closet/locked room. Overall, it was just a very awkward and unprofessional experience. I ended up worrying all night whether somebody would take the item of value.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

bwhci, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS High Country Inn, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Dear Anna-JoyS

First of all I would like to apologize that there was some confusion in getting your item back to you. I also apologize if the front desk person in the evening was not able to assist you in a satisfactory manner. I was glad to hear that we did find the item and hopefully got that returned to you. If you have not received it, please contact me directly at bwhci@aol.com Thank you for your feedback and I again apologize that this lost item caused you distress during your stay.