Best Western Plus High Country Inn
Sleep Inn(Ogden)
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
View Hotel
All reviewskoi pondjeremiah's restaurantparking lotprivate parkgrab and gooutdoor poolroom was cleanrestaurant next dooron site restauranthot tubgreat restaurantlong driveeasy accessafter a long dayfirst flooroff the highwaywould stay here again
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 August 2014

I've done business with other Best Westerns and have usually had good room. service, and breakfast; not here. We arrived late a night moving from Idaho to Nevada, and this was located just off the interstate. We asked for a room for smokers, and they placed us in a room that had a sign on the door "Non-smoking room", along with an ashtray. In the bedside table drawer we found a used ashtray and packages from a fast food business.
The tub filled half-full when each of us showered, draining very slowly.
Next morning we went down for breakfast and were advised that it wasn't provided here and pointed to a restaurant down the street. They attendant at the front desk mentioned that they do provide coffee and tea, pointing to a small room off of the lobby.
When my daughter, son-in-law, and I entered the room the cleaning staff and desk attendant promptly seated themselves at the only available table in the room, taking every chair available.

Room Tip: No elevator, stay on the first floor if you must stay here.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
bwhci, General Manager at Best Western Plus High Country Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2014

Dear CarrellDawn,

First of all, I would like to apologize on behalf of myself and my entire staff that we did not exceed your expectations during your recent stay with us. I apologize that we were unable to accomdate you in the room type that you requested. We have a very limited number of smoking rooms and we were sold out the day you arrived and had two guests in smoking rooms decide to stay an extra night. I also apologize that the room was not cleaned properly prior to your stay. I do sincerely appreciate your feedback as it will help us to do better in the future.

Reviewed 22 August 2014

We were starting our trip to missouri by driving fro. Kennewick, WA to Ogden. With 2 small children we were pretty tired. The roo. Itself was nice. It was a suite. Kids on the large sofa bed and me and the wife in another room in the king. A few hiccups, no bedding for the sofa bed. No phone in the room. The other thing to keep in mind is that no breakfast is offered. Just beverages and yellow oranges. But the bed was comfy and we had plenty of room to spread out.

Room Tip: Beware rooms on the outside perimeter as we were awaken twice by trains.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Dear Mike S,

We just wanted to say thank you for taking the time to offer us feedback about your recent stay. I was happy to hear that you and your family had a nice and comfortable stay with us. I do apologize that we had a few small mistakes in the room. Thank you for letting us know about them, so that we can work to do a better job in the future. We hope to see you again, should you ever travel through Ogden.

Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

After a week of camping on a motorcycle we splurged for the suite. Huge bed, Jacuzzi tub, tons of space, just what we needed.

Staff was incredibly friendly and helpful. Garden in the back was fun. Great location, close to the interstate and short drive from downtown.

Would not hesitate to stay here again.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
bwhci, General Manager at Best Western Plus High Country Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2014

Dear Stu G,

I was very happy to hear that you selected one of our suites for your recent respite from the bike. The suites offer a truly relaxing atmosphere and I was happy to hear know that you were able to get some much needed rest in the suite and here at the rest of the property. We are so glad that you stopped in, had a nice stay, and then left us some useful feedback. We hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 16 August 2014

No elevator - so don't get a room on second floor unless you have good knees (Sunnyside Washington) teh Best Western in Odgen was good except for the train noise - and no breakfast, but there was a good restaurant nearby.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Dear 60Donna64,

We very much appreciated your taking the time to give us some feedback on tripadvisor. I apologize that we do not have an elevator at the propertry. We will be adding one in the next year, and we try very hard to accomodate any guest who cannot use the stairs, to get them a ground floor room. When we are very busy, this gets a bit more difficult. I apologize if you had a hard time with them. Thank you again for your feedback.

Reviewed 16 August 2014

Quite a disappointment: Breakfast didn't exist--go to the attached restaurant and shell out a tenner. The rooms are clean, but the are like dungeons because you have to keep the curtains drawn for privacy. If every Best Western were like this, well, they should call the chain Worst Western. Quite a disappointment, and that for two nights. I had expected more. once again, the comparison to a Hampton comes up, and the H. will have 1 1/2 points more. Sorry.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business

Dear Diving Cyclist,

On behalf of myself and my entire staff, I would like to apologize that you did not have an excellent stay with us. I am very sorry that we do not have a continental breakfast. We do have a wonderful full service restaurant on site and I apologize that you felt it was too expensive for your budget. We are working to add a breakfast in the near future, but again I am sorry that we do not have that in place as of yet.