“Close to Powder Mtn”

Ranked #4 of 21 Hotels in Ogden
New Jersey, USA
“Close to Powder Mtn”
Reviewed 13 January 2007

Rooms in the back hear constant trains & horns. Location provides easy access to Eden and the Ogden ski mountains. Lots of nearby dining.

• Stayed January 2007, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
1 Thank tahawus

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Seattle
Reviewed 13 December 2006

So first, don't stay on the back side of the hotel if you want internet access, it's not available as advertised. Not to mention you have to deal with the 130 year old maids blowing smoke in to you room. Next after the first juggle of rooms, our second had a shower that would scald you then freeze you the scald you again. Now when I say scald I'm not kidding, When I pointed this out to the staff they said they didn't know how that could happen but said they'd fix it. The next morning I was in the shower being scalded again, so again I had to move rooms, seeing as how I'd been completely ignored by the staff. I wouldn't recommend this hotel or it's staff.

• Liked — Proximity to family
  • Disliked — The Disrespect shown by staff.
  • Tips/Secrets — The only good thing about the staff is that when we asked for room changes they were provided.
  • Stayed November 2006, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank OutTraveler
Atlanta
Reviewed 17 January 2006

Staff was friendly but the bed was shaped like a bowl and too soft. When I asked for another room, I was told that all the rooms had been redone and with new mattresses just seven months before, in June '05.

• Stayed January 2006
1 Thank Daryl_G
uk
Reviewed 18 August 2004

we stayed here for one night and got no sleep whatsoever due to the close proximity to the train line. Trains were hooting all night long as they approached a tunnel 100 feet from the hotel!
hotel was generally tatty and had a strange not very clean smell. staff unfriendly and unsympathetic.
avoid this place unless you are a real train lover!!

• Stayed January 2006
5 Thank swalsh
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 16 August 2004

This Best Western was too pricey for what we got. The room was large and passably clean (though there was used soap in the tray) and I was able to bring my dog. Those were the good things I can say. The outside looks like it could use some major remodeling and I thought it was basically a dump when we drove up and saw where we'd be staying for the night. It's right by railroad tracks too, though no trains came by. I think I would've paid a lot less for a budget motel had I known I would get the same standards.

3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member