“Best Sushi in Utah”

Tona
Ranked #1 of 366 Restaurants in Ogden
Price range: US$15 - US$30
Cuisines: Contemporary, Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Kids, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Located on Historic 25th Street in Ogden, Utah, Tona provides a big city taste in a friendly and relaxed setting. Choose between the main dining area, the semi-private guest room, or watch chef's creations first hand at the sushi bar. Experience unique and original creations using only the freshest fish and truly authentic ingredients. Tona supports local farm fresh produce. Chefs at Tona create dishes around seasonal goods. Guests who come to Tona can expect to savor dishes they have not tried before. Our menu also offers inventive and tasty grilled and tempura items for those looking for more traditional fare. Please note that Tona accepts a limited number of reservations each night and leaves the majority of seating open to walk-in guests.
Roy
“Best Sushi in Utah”
Reviewed 10 October 2013

I thought I didn't care much for sushi until I ate here. Now it is my favorite place to eat when we go out without the kids. I have eaten here no less than 30 times. It's also where I go for my birthday. If you sign up for the birthday thing, they give you a gift cert to use on your birthday. Even better!

• Visited September 2013

Salt Lake City, Utah
“The best sushi in Utah”
Reviewed 22 September 2013 via mobile

We live in the Salt Lake City area. Several times a year we get to Ogden. We never miss eating at Tona when we visit. Their food is clever and affordable. The fish is fresh. Their creativity is high. They have many excellent spins on rolls and appetizers that you don't find in other places. I wish it was closer to where we live.

• Visited September 2013
ogden
“The best sushi in ut”
Reviewed 16 August 2013

Since I move to Utah, I've try so many Japanese restaurant, I loved this place. The food and service were excellent,the owner is a great who makes you feel like family. Me and all my friends go there weekly and they treat us like friends.

• Visited July 2013
“Worst Sushi Ever”
Reviewed 4 August 2013

I decided to try something new so I tried Tona. I tried Tona for the first time and when I ordered seaweed salad with octopus, the taste was really bad.... I then orderred Kimchi and the Kimchi had the opposite taste that had been described. I took one bite and told the waiteress to take the dish away. I was still charged for what I didn't like and the old Asian manager wouldn't do anything about it. I will never go back again!! The sushi is not fresh and the staff doesn't wash their hands.

• Visited August 2013
4 Thank foodcritic2311
tonainc, Manager at Tona, responded to this review, 5 August 2013
Thank you for your patronage three times to our establishment in the past month. We are here to provide our best to our customers. We take pride in what we do and we stand behind our product. We took customers' comment very seriously because we believe there is always room to grow. On your first visit, you ordered a seaweed salad, a Tiger roll and a Yam Yam roll. You returned the seaweed salad half way through because you don't like it. You ate the Yam Yam roll which has seaweed salad on top of the roll and did not complain. We took off the seaweed salad from your bill without a question for the reason of hospitality. You did it again on your second visit and we accommodated your personal needs again. You did it again on your third visit. We decided to stand by our product. We provided you what you ordered. We take pride in what we do and we put our heart and soul to what we prepare and we hope you understand. We apologize for your unpleasant visit but do not appreciate you using explicit languages on our team members. We will continue to improve because we care what we do.
Norwalk, Connecticut
“Great sushi in Utah?”
Reviewed 1 August 2013

I was skeptical, but game to try...and was very pleased that we went! I have lived in Los Angeles, San Francisco and New York and this ranks up there with the best sushi in any of these places. One roll stood out - Red Devil...I could eat this every day. Great staff, quick service and kid friendly. Will definitely go back.

• Visited July 2013