“Not so great anymore”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Orem University Parkway
Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Orem
Reviewed 10 March 2014

I've stayed here three times. The outward appearance and general quality of the rooms is still very good. But, their staff, Wifi Internet access and "business center" computer have degraded greatly. If these issues aren't important to you you will probably be very happy with this property. I have been very happy with this property in the past and liked it better than other nearby La Quinta properties.

The three strongest Wifi signals are "JenIsMyChick", "Sexymama" and "Girls in 420" (There is indeed a room 420 but I stayed on the 4th floor and saw no evidence of the things that might come to mind). The La Quinta wifi is much stronger in some parts of the property.

The business center computer was a joke. I spent 45 minutes trying to read my email. It took forever to access any website. I was not able to access my online email. The desk clerk confirmed that their system has a special browser that will not access yahoo/ATT internet.

The front desk was not staffed much of the day. I assume there was someone on duty somewhere but they were not watching the front desk and there was no bell or other system to get help.

Room Tip: I've had better results on the first floor near the front desk.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

A TripAdvisor Member
West Jordan, Utah
Reviewed 2 March 2014

When I walked into the room, I was floored by how beautiful the room was decorated. It was clean, spacious and quiet. I was not able to sample the provided breakfast, but even without that perk, the value of the hotel room was well worth the price. I will definitely stay here again when in the area!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
Lake Country, British Columbia
Reviewed 9 January 2014

We travel a lot and our experience with hotels are they are all the same, some great, some average and some poor. We found our room to be very spacious with a large work desk that was very important to our needs. The bed was very comfortable. We had no problems with noise factor, although I am sure it s because of lack of visitors( good for us, bad for hotel).
Room, bedding and bathroom all very clean....great. Mini-fridge and microwave a plus. Negative points...hot water took at least 5mins to get tepid
Floor was very cold, but the room temperature we could easily control.
Hot tub cold and a light broken
Front desk staff need a little coaching with smiling, greeting, general knowledge of area. They look scared all the time.
Breakfast well good be better, but to be expected in our experience.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 December 2013

This is one of the nicer LQs I've stayed at in a while. Newly updated rooms, with plenty of room for my two dogs and our stuff. Clean hotel with great staff. Close to plenty of shopping, restaurants, and the freeway.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 December 2013

This really is a nice hotel in a great location. I've stayed here many times and my experience has always been a good one. However upon my recent stay I noticed housekeeping has become somewhat of an issue. Small things like no trash liners, towels were stained and the windows were filthy. One other small problem is the parking lot was caked with ice from winter storms. Small problems but overall it's a great stay and good value.

Room Tip: Stay off top floor because it smells of smoke!
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank DShaw110
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orem
La Quinta Inn & Suites North Orem
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Orem/North Provo
Sleep Inn Provo
Sleep Inn Provo
#5 of 20 in Provo

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Orem University Parkway? Share your experiences!