“Excellent as always at a La Quinta”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Orem University Parkway
Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Orem
New Mexico
“Excellent as always at a La Quinta”
Reviewed 9 April 2014

Check in was fast and easy. Room was clean and odor free. We travel with our dog and as always she was free. This is why we stay at the La Quinta. Some motels "say" they are pet friendly, but actually charge you a non-refundable $150 pet fee/stay. La Quinta Is Free - period. Overall I was happy and if we are in the area again, we will stay there. We didn't use the pool and the exercise room could have used some towels.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
San Tan Valley Az
Reviewed 9 April 2014

On our way back from our Arizona house to Calgary and this our first stop. Its a pet friendly hotel with a great complimentary breakfast and is close to a few restaurants and Wal-Mart for those late night snacks. The beds are comfortable and the TV's are HD and they have installed pet bags in the area for dog waste a great addition.

Louisville, Colorado
Reviewed 8 April 2014

We stayed at La Quinta last week and overall the stay was acceptable, but the room smelled of old smoke. It was clean, just not a great smell. I noticed below some complaints of noise, and I do have a few comments there as well. We were on the end of the hallway, and the top floor, so that helped a lot. I could still hear the toilet flushing in the room next door. But the biggest noise issue was the sound of our shower - it was so loud! I know it seems strange, but there was a high pitched squeal the entire time the water was on, and by the end I was quite agitated by it. I'm sure it was loud for the room next door too.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the top floor, and on the end of the hall to minimize noise. Big tip is that if you...
St. George, Utah
Reviewed 5 April 2014 via mobile

If ur looking to sleep pick a different hotel. The walls are so thin, u can hear everything. Its dirty, noisy, and there is really nothing to justify the price, spend the extra couple dollars and sleep good.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business

Travellers are raving about these Orem hotels

Provo, United States
Reviewed 1 April 2014

I was in town for a training course requiring lots of study and tests. I could hear every movement in the neighboring rooms, and every noise coming from the hallway. I felt like I had to be very quiet in my own room so that my neighbors couldn't hear me talk on the phone/watch tv, etc. It was very difficult to study and even worse trying to fall alseep at night.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business

Fresno, CA
Reviewed 10 March 2014

I've stayed here three times. The outward appearance and general quality of the rooms is still very good. But, their staff, Wifi Internet access and "business center" computer have degraded greatly. If these issues aren't important to you you will probably be very happy with this property. I have been very happy with this property in the past and liked it better than other nearby La Quinta properties.

The three strongest Wifi signals are "JenIsMyChick", "Sexymama" and "Girls in 420" (There is indeed a room 420 but I stayed on the 4th floor and saw no evidence of the things that might come to mind). The La Quinta wifi is much stronger in some parts of the property.

The business center computer was a joke. I spent 45 minutes trying to read my email. It took forever to access any website. I was not able to access my online email. The desk clerk confirmed that their system has a special browser that will not access yahoo/ATT internet.

The front desk was not staffed much of the day. I assume there was someone on duty somewhere but they were not watching the front desk and there was no bell or other system to get help.

Room Tip: I've had better results on the first floor near the front desk.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 2 March 2014

When I walked into the room, I was floored by how beautiful the room was decorated. It was clean, spacious and quiet. I was not able to sample the provided breakfast, but even without that perk, the value of the hotel room was well worth the price. I will definitely stay here again when in the area!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Also consider these accommodations in or near Orem
Hampton Inn and Suites Orem
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Orem/North Provo
La Quinta Inn & Suites North Orem
Comfort Inn & Suites Orem
Baymont Inn & Suites Provo River
TownePlace Suites Provo Orem

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Orem University Parkway? Share your experiences!