“Great Food, great service”

Yamato Japanese Restaurant
Ranked #26 of 226 Restaurants in Orem
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
San Diego, California
“Great Food, great service”
Reviewed 19 February 2014 via mobile

Amazing service. The sushi was great (try the Fire Roll). Katsu Curry was really good . Loved this place and loved the prices too. Would have been 50% more in California.

“Very good, fair price.”
Reviewed 2 August 2013

Really good Japanese food. even though I haven't eaten at very many Japanese restaurants, this one is of the best that I've tried so far.

• Visited August 2013
Dallas, Texas
“I go here all the time!”
Reviewed 26 February 2013

For Utah, Yamato's is the best Japanese food there is to offer. Sure you got some buffets for sushi, but that sushi isn't always the best quality. What gets me the most is the atmosphere. Now that I've visited Japan, I can say their restaurant brings authentic. Great owners and sushi staff. Highly recommended.

• Visited December 2012
Orem, Utah
“Great place”
Reviewed 15 January 2013

I don't even typically like Japanese food, but this place has won me over. The staff are always very pleasant and the food is extremely tasty. I would highly recommend this place to anyone.

Salt Lake City
“We always go back”
Reviewed 10 December 2012

On a recent visit to Orem for shopping, we went back to Yamato to eat. It is consistently good. I don't eat sushi much, but I often order Katsu Currry or Ebi Tempura and both are excellent. My husband lived in Japan and he loves it too. The only downside is occasionally they are a little shorthanded if it gets busy, but that hasn't been the case every time. If I could give it 4.5, that would be my score for that reason only.

• Visited December 2012