“I liked a lot”

Ranked #46 of 233 Restaurants in Orem
Price range: US$15 - US$20
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Reviewed 15 December 2011

I'm no sushi snob, so maybe I just don't get what the two comments below are complaining about, but I thought this place was delicious! I have been twice now for the dinner menu all you can eat, and I think this place is great! Good variety, good taste, and plenty of food!

Reviewed 15 November 2011

I took my wife to Sushi Ya for her birthday and it was a huge mistake. The sushi was terrible. We ordered some rolls that were tempora-style and totally regretted it. The oil that they used was heavy, the rolls were cooked all the way through, and the fish inside of the sushi was minuscule and tasted old and too fishy.

The wasabi at this place was gross too; it was too soft and watered-down, and without its usual strong flavor.

On top of the horrible sushi the service was awful. We were attended by two girls, one was a skinny, young Asian girl, the other was a Caucasian girl with a nose piercing. Both girls were unkind and unfriendly and made us feel unwelcome. They had terrible attitudes, never a smile, and didn't seem to care if we lived or died. These two girls definitely ruined our experience.

I deeply regret and was embarrassed that I took my wife to this place on her birthday, and had to apologize for not doing my research beforehand. We will NEVER return and we will tell everyone we know how horrible this place is.

1  Thank Blazius N
Reviewed 29 March 2010

My family and I are sushi fans and have had it all over the world. We were excited when Sushi Ya first opened in Orem a few years ago, and we used to enjoy going there at least once a week, sometimes more, both at lunch and dinner. We went for the last time last week. The menu is limited to all you can eat sushi. There is not even sashimi or seaweed salad, ,or any other menu items. The sushi was way too sweet, regardless of the type of sushi. The service was terrible, not just bad. The people acted as if it didn't matter whether we were there or not. Only the poor hostess who had been there for two days, tried to make people happy, but really could not deliver what was lacking. And, we were overcharged by about 30% but we couldn't get out of there fast enough, so we didn't bother. We are never going back to Sushi Ya again.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Provo, Utah
Reviewed 11 June 2008

Great sushi for the price. Service could be better. But over all very good

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Layton, Utah
Reviewed 3 April 2008

girl just kept feedin' me sushi...any kind...and it was goooood.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook