“Finally, amazing Latin food Orem!”
Review of Maria Bonita

Maria Bonita
Ranked #13 of 218 Restaurants in Orem
Price range: US$5 - US$13
Orem, Utah, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Finally, amazing Latin food Orem!”
Reviewed 20 July 2014

I have been waiting a very long time to get authentic delicious Latin food and Orem. Here it is! You drive up to the restaurant and you expect it to be any old Latin restaurant at a strip mall. You walk into the restaurant and the first thing you notice is beautiful artwork at the desk. Then you set down with a very kind nice waitstaff. After ordering you set and smell the wonderful food cooking on the grill. Then the food comes! Delicious! I have never had better nogales my life. I highly recommend this restaurant. The food is delicious and inexpensive. Hopefully it stays that way.

• Visited July 2014

Orem, Utah
“Great Food XL Portions Long Wait Reasonable Prices”
Reviewed 16 June 2014

I have been here at least a few times the food is always great. The Mocaheta no idea how to spell it is the best can feed at least two people. The food seams to take a long time. I don't care for me talking before the food comes is part of the fun of eating out. The waitresses are nice they just increased the size of the restaurant and bought the place next store. The food is so tasty even the ca bobs that are just meat in veggies they do something to get it to have tons of flavor. They don't call them ca bobs on the menu but that's what they are.

Visited April 2014
Salt Lake City, Utah, United States
“EPIC PROPORTIONS”
Reviewed 4 June 2014

I cannot express in words that are believable how big the portions are here. My tip in ordering is take the number of people going in your group and divide it by two for the number of entrees you need to order. And if you have a light-eater or two in your group, you could realistically third your orders. The portions are THAT BIG. I went there for the first time with my family when I graduated from BYU, and there was about seven in our group and (because we were all rookies) we all ordered our own things. Not one person got even half way through. Not one. I had left overs enough to keep me fed for a week and I am not joking. The flautas are as big as my forearm, which isn't little because I am 6'5. And you get three in an order. They have a meat cup thing that my parents got when we went for my graduation that was almost the size of dang pot. And it was full of delicious meat!

Anyways, on to the food, looking past the epic proportions. The food is delicious. We usually get the flautas because my wife loves them, but I have gotten quesadillas and at least one other thing. There is nothing on the menu that isn't delicious. The items are particularly cheap, but when you split them (you have to split them), the value is good. What else can I say? The food is super tasty, huge portions, and a huge variety to choose from.

One last thing, the owner (I think she's the owner) is this sweet little Mexican lady who will wait tables at the restaurant occasionally. She is the sweetest little lady you've ever met. She will call you "me Champion" if you're male and princess or something if you're female. She even gave me a hug. She is the best.

• Visited January 2014
Provo, Utah
“Great variety”
Reviewed 15 April 2014

This is a very unusual Mexican restaurant. There are very few that have the extensive menu or the portions you'll find here! Try the Octopus Cocktail. It is the size of a meal but intended as an appetizer. You will find yourself taking pictures of the plates when the first come out as proof to your friends that the burrito was really that big!

While I love the variety, I am not as enthused about some of the basics. Their beans and rice are average and their chips & salsa are a little below average. But it is a place to go when you want to experiment with less traditional Mexican fare try some exotic foods prepared with a Mexican flare.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Mark P
Provo, Utah
“Favorite Restaurant”
Reviewed 21 March 2014

We LOVE Maria Bonita's and have been going there since 2006. After finding Maria Bonita's, we loved the food so much, we went on the average of 2 or 3 times a week because the food was SO GOOD and authentic Mexican. It is a family business and when we first started going some members of the family were still working to learn English. They treated us so good and as friends right from the beginning, that it was like going to visit family when we would go there to eat. Now they have become like family that we love. The owners, Oscar and Judith, try really hard to make sure the customers are happy and feels welcome. If you something is not the way you want it, they try to make it right; what you want is very important to them. I highly recommend Maria Bonita's!

• Visited February 2014