“Me? Not such a big fan of Karaoke by a bunch of kids and/or drunks”
Review of Callie's Cafe

Callie's Cafe
Ranked #152 of 226 Restaurants in Orem
Wasatch Range, Utah
“Me? Not such a big fan of Karaoke by a bunch of kids and/or drunks”
Reviewed 23 March 2011

I have been a fan of Callie's Cafe for years. It's not your fancy take a date to impress her type of place, but my husband takes me and I am still with him after all this time.... My niece and I used to go here on Black Friday after shopping and eat breakfast. What a wonderful breakfast they have. My husband and I have gone multiple times and always enjoy the food. The prce can't be beat. The servers usually look a little rough but they do their jobs and don't linger around your table. I don't like that they don't give your the total of your bill til you get to the cash register, which is kind of weird. A few weeks ago we went and as usual the food was great. I had a Prime Rib Dinner for $8 and my husband had the Chicken fried steak. Both were excellent, except I don't like the pre-fab rolls they have started to serve instead of the home made ones they used to make. They look the same but as soon as you bite into one, you'll know it's not home made. The only beef I have about the place, and I doubt I will be back til it ceases, is the loud obnoxious karaoke. I should have known something was up when the place was deserted except for a bunch of pre-teen kids over by the East Entrance. The cafe is usualy packed, and don't get me wrong, I enjoy a good time as well as the next gal but trying to eat and carry on any kind of conversation while some 7 year old kid or 50 year old drunk dude is howling out "hit me with your best shot" is not appetizing to me. The squeals and shreiks of the "singing" was ear drum piercing. Some woman howled out a song from the "Pretenders" and it was appetite suppressing to say the least. Why the DJ, Sauce, chooses to spend his weekends and talents in there is lost to me. Sauce is a talented DJ and I have enjoyed him in more appropriate settings (The DeerHunter Pub) PLEASE PLEASE ditch the karoke if you want your regular customers to come back. I won't be back any time Karoke is played in that place. Bad Bad Bad experience.

• Visited March 2011
1 Thank West-Field-Trash

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Diner food & drunken karaoke on Friday nights! Need I say more?”
Reviewed 19 February 2008

Yummy food & drunken karaoke on Friday nights! Need I say more?

2 Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook