“No frills, but a nice stay”

Color Country Motel
Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Panguitch
Washington state
“No frills, but a nice stay”
Reviewed 22 April 2014

Panguitch is full of motels, but this one is a good choice. You won't find any extras here (no coffeemaker in room, no hair dryer, etc.), but the rooms are extremely comfortable, clean, and quiet. No breakfast, but there's tea and coffee in the lobby in the mornings. The woman who checked us in was very friendly. I would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank graycodekitty

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Layton, Utah
Reviewed 1 December 2013

I stayed here on a recent business trip. It wasn't my first choice (I had reservations in another town), but the weather and roads were bad, so I stayed here instead of driving further. I was very pleasantly surprised by the interior of the room. The bedding and decorations were homey and comfortable. Although the room was clearly old, I thought it was clean and a good option under the circumstances. The price was great, too. The room I stayed in was divided into two bedrooms, one with a double (or maybe queen?) sized bed, and the other with two twin beds. Each room had a nice TV in it, and there was a fridge and a microwave in one room. Each room had a door into the bathroom, so it would be a good place for a family to stay with privacy for everyone.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank RJSP
Enschede, The Netherlands
Reviewed 17 October 2013 via mobile

Stayed here one night and were a little dissapointed. No coffee making facilities in the room, no breakfast, too bad. Also our room had some plumbing problems. Sink had black stuff in it and water wouldnt flush. Also not so clean as mentioned below, especially the bathroom...

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Panguitch hotels

Wyoming
Reviewed 12 October 2013

After the last motel experience in Panguitch, Utah I was a little apprehensive about staying one more day, but we wanted to visit Zion in hopes of no more rain and it was AAA approved. The owner was very nice and accommodating. We checked in on a rainy afternoon and spent most of the day inside. Room was small but we were very comfortable and it was clean. I would recommend this little motel to anyone who wants to visit Zion or Bryce Canyon. If you are into the more modern fancy style motel you probably wouldn't like it, but we enjoy quaint and old as long as it is clean and this met our expectations. We would stop again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Wysnowbird
Strafford, New Hampshire
Reviewed 10 October 2013

Despite the low rating, primarily for being fairly run-down appearing and a lack of amenities, the beds were comfortable and it was fairly quiet. The "free breakfast" was pretty minimal, and there was no coffee maker in the room (nor was there anything else, really - no toiletries, only one towel, etc.) The decor is definitely country circa 1960. We were sent down the street to the diner for breakfast, which turned out to be pretty awful. Coffee was good, though. It was a place to stay in a convenient location, but I was glad the rest of our choices were better.

Room Tip: Upper level requires negotiating a somewhat difficult outdoor stairway.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Stefani B
Madison, WI
Reviewed 7 October 2013

We only stayed here because there was nothing else anywhere near Bryce available that was under $200. While Color Country was only $60+tax, I can't say I feel like I got my money's worth.

While the man that checked us in was nice, the rest left a lot to be desired. The room was very dark, old and tired, and not as clean as I would have liked (used kleenex from a previous client between the bed and night stand.) Also, the handmade doilies under all the lamps were dusty and probably never washed. No hair dryer in the bathroom, and our room was very noisy because we were right off the road, where there is a lot of truck traffic. I was very glad that we were only there for one night.

Room Tip: ask to be as far from the road as possible -- very noisy from traffic.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 September 2013

I'm a microbiologist. It was clean, and very comfortable. I embers could not have been better. We were stressed and worried and this place was a no worry place that is the kind of place one hopes to find when passing through small Towns.its next door to a good diner and across the street from a little"dollar store" for the things one forgets. Very quiet, clean, comfortable, and friendly. I would absolutely stay again.

• Stayed September 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Panguitch
Quality Inn Bryce Canyon
Days Inn Panguitch
Days Inn Panguitch
#9 of 14 in Panguitch
Bryce Pioneer Village

Been to Color Country Motel? Share your experiences!