“Decent Accommodations”
Review of Marianna Inn

Marianna Inn
Ranked #13 of 14 Hotels in Panguitch
Reviewed 12 July 2013

I regularly make the drive between Phoenix, AZ, and South Easter Idaho and back. I prefer to take US 89 through Utah instead of the 60 miles longer route through Las Vegas. I like to break up the trip in Panguitch, UT. It's pretty there and it's almost exactly in the middle of the long drive. For the first time I stayed at the Marianna Inn rather than a different motel up the street. I had made reservations using booking.com. The price was right. My original reservations were for the Panguitch Inn but we got in late. There was a sign directing us down the street to the other motel under the same management. It's a small town so it's easy to find, just north on US 89. It's the last motel on the north edge of town.The owner was so nice, getting us checked in quickly. The room we were given was a king rather than the double standard reserved but it was all the same in the end. The room is not fancy but it had all the amenities we needed: a place to sleep, a TV (there's not much by way of cable in that part of the world but it's fine for background noise), a clean bathroom and a coffee maker. There was also a microwave and small refrigerator which we did not use. The rooms have old-fashioned keys rather than scan cards. I liked that we parked our car directly in front of the door to our room. We had only one bath towel which we mentioned to the owner the next morning. We didn't want anyone to think we'd lifted it. She was very gracious and showed us around the property, which is being renovated. The owners have imported some beautiful hand-carved furniture and are in the process of updating rooms. The updated rooms cost more. Rooms sleeping for or more are plentiful. One room would comfortably sleep 8. There is a nice outdoor area and even a room for hosting dinner inside. We would consider this for a destination vacation. Panguitch is suited in a great area. All in all, this was a perfect rest stop on the long drive north.

Room Tip: An updated room will be costlier than the basic rooms.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo

Reviewed 10 June 2013

Chose Mariana Inn because they only charge $5 extra for a pet, best we found in town. Accommodations were very clean and the staff warm and friendly. The fair grounds and a park are just across the street so it was a great place to walk the dog. Plus there is a very good breakfast place across the street. They have a nice pavilion for eating, reading, socializing, etc. Only gave them a 4 out of 5 because the décor was very plain and bare plus there was no free shampoo, conditioner, or lotion available in our room. Otherwise, every thing was very good.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 May 2013

Please don't use this place owner very unfriendly,although refurb is going on it is far from complete,bathroom nowhere to put toiletries or to hang towels,AC only blew cold room was freezing in morning,we booked for a fri night stay but had to change plans so Bookings.com kindly changed & bought forward our stay by one day but we still git charged $85 plus tax for fri rate instead of $45 plus tax for thurs rate no point arguing as it seems the owner is only interested in money money money

Room Tip: Check check & check again
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Vkd67
Reviewed 15 May 2013

It is basically a motel in a Panguitch (somewhere near Bryce Canyon and Zion national park) and we took 1 night there. The price is a little high due to the location near national parks. You can't compare those higher standard motel/inn like best western, knight inn and etc. We rented a 4 queen bedroom for 7 and the cleanliness is okay except that we spotted a spiderweb in the room. Service is good though. The rate isn't the lowest you can find around there (lowest in hotels.com and most of the booking agency). We could have found some cheaper rooms if we wait till we got here to find the rooms.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 September 2012 via mobile

This is a perfectly serviceable motel. Nothing fancy about it but it is clean and quiet and on the main drag of the town. Nice that there are coffee pots in the room. Friendly woman at the front desk. The complaint would be the price--we should've paid about half of what we paid. And we saw a number of places in Tropic with vacancy signs and cheaper prices. We booked the best we could have found thru hotels.com but this time we could have waited till we got here to find a room.

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank Rubystar59
Reviewed 6 September 2012

I booked a queen-size bedroom for one night through a booking agency. I looked at the pictures on Internet about this hotel and one of the reasons I chose it ,was the rooms in a loghouse. When we arrived, the owner gave us a room in the other part of the hotel. She said that instead of having a queen, I would have a king and tried to make me think it was a kind of privilege to have more. In fact, when we arrived in the room, it was old and dirty. The bottom of the bath was black, there were not enough towels, a coffee maker without cups, the carpet was dirty, the hangings were old and broken. I could not make any free number phonecalls from the room. The sheets were not very clean...I went to the reception desk in order to complain and said that the photos of the hotel on Internet were misleading clients. She answered that on her site, the pictures shows both parts of the hotel and not only the new one. She also told us that she could give us a room in the loghouse but I would have to pay more, what I refused. we did not sleep well of course and I would not recommend this hotel to anyone. The price was really too high for what we got.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 August 2012

The room itself, though way overpriced, was clean but quite average. I understand hiking rates in places near a national park during the summer, but I don't appreciate raising the rate when you arrive with your guaranteed-rate reservation in hand. The manager of Marianna Inn told us that our reservation was there but was, I guess, left untended because it was through a 3rd party (expedia, I recollect). The manager said she would put us in a remodeled $125 per night room for $105.She also said there was no vacancy that night and we knew this to be true for her place and every other motel in this tiny town. She stubbornly refused to accept the $95 guaranteed rate, nor would she apply the usual AAA discount. Is this review about the $10? Hardly. It's about the expectation of a proprietor to honor the reservation. I recommend looking elsewhere if possible.

Room Tip: Make your reservation early--at least two weeks ahead in the summer around Panguitch--and call any i...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank mkelley26
Also consider these accommodations in or near Panguitch
Days Inn Panguitch
Quality Inn Bryce Canyon
Quality Inn Bryce Canyon
#3 of 14 in Panguitch
Best Western Plus Bryce Canyon Grand Hotel

Been to Marianna Inn? Share your experiences!