“Stay away!”
Review of Marianna Inn

Marianna Inn
Ranked #13 of 14 Hotels in Panguitch
Reviewed 27 August 2013

Do yourself a favour: don't book it. It's small, noisy, falling apart, not properly cleaned and the staff is rude. Worst stay during our four week trip in the USA. The only good thing was a decent Wifi-connection.

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank Wceendje

Reviewed 17 August 2013

This place is not nice. the air doesn't work, either does the phone, there are bugs in the room, the service isn't great. We were only suppose to pay $202 but ended up paying $287! I will never come here again and I'm going to te everyone that this place sucks. I would rather sleep in a car! This is my true option.

• Stayed: August 2013
6  Thank Honest247
Reviewed 15 August 2013

A totally r-o--b-b-e-r, please don't go, or, you will regret for your whole life!

1. We went to the motel, the lady (the owner) sent us to a cheaper old small Inn, 2nd floor with out elevator. She said that it was overbooked, but she had the "VACANT" sign on all the time. - - - the only reason is she wanted to sell higher price to the walk-in Europeans, and we booked through Expedia. Even it was true, overbooking, it was her fault, not ours! The small ugly motel she sent us to charged walk-in people $85 per night ( I asked the guy at front desk), but we paid $115!

2. When we insisted to stay at this Marianna, she gave us a smoking one bed room instead of our booking which is a non-smoking 2-beds room. The bathroom's lights were all broken, which she known earlier, but she gave us the room without fixing it, and told us the person who can fix it would be there after a hour, and took another hour to fix . . . . . .so, it turned out we could not take shower on that day!

3. We paid $115 through Expedia, but the lady told me that she would only get $100 from Expedia, so, she could not give me a better room, she would rather sell her rooms to the European people for over $150 per room. What is a "better room"? even my print out itinerary stays " Two Double Beds, non-smoking room " !

4. They said to offer "free internet", but when I asked for the passwords, the lady told me a wrong one on purposely, and after that, she did not pick up the phone, while I kept calling for over 30 minutes.

5. If you ever want to deal with a bich, go to see the lady,

Bryce Canyon is a beautiful place, this lady ruined out whole trip. We have family travel about twice a year, we never met anybody like this lady! a totally money sucker, in order to suck a little bit more from the walk-in people, she even never care her reputation, or, she even doesn't know what is a reputation!

Stay away!

Room Tip: stay away this motel of bich!
Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank statetruth
Reviewed 12 August 2013

Okay I scanned the reviews of motels in Panguitch Utah but it was getting late as we approached so we just decided to take a chance on the Marianna Inn. The little log cabins looked cute and it looks like they were recently sided with pine but who knows what they look like inside?
Well I was surprised even though this was rated so low I really don't think it deserves such a low rating. The rooms have two queen beds built on pine log furniture frames and the rest of the furniture is pine too. The tV was connected to Direct TV and that was good, the internet was actually way better than Treasure Island in Vegas where we just left. The bathroom though not fancy were okay.
Not sure if the carpet needs to be steam cleaned maybe.
Okay its far from perfect but as simple accomodation for a night its not that bad at least the sheets are clean and the bed is comfortable so thats all I need sometimes.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 July 2013

I regularly make the drive between Phoenix, AZ, and South Easter Idaho and back. I prefer to take US 89 through Utah instead of the 60 miles longer route through Las Vegas. I like to break up the trip in Panguitch, UT. It's pretty there and it's almost exactly in the middle of the long drive. For the first time I stayed at the Marianna Inn rather than a different motel up the street. I had made reservations using booking.com. The price was right. My original reservations were for the Panguitch Inn but we got in late. There was a sign directing us down the street to the other motel under the same management. It's a small town so it's easy to find, just north on US 89. It's the last motel on the north edge of town.The owner was so nice, getting us checked in quickly. The room we were given was a king rather than the double standard reserved but it was all the same in the end. The room is not fancy but it had all the amenities we needed: a place to sleep, a TV (there's not much by way of cable in that part of the world but it's fine for background noise), a clean bathroom and a coffee maker. There was also a microwave and small refrigerator which we did not use. The rooms have old-fashioned keys rather than scan cards. I liked that we parked our car directly in front of the door to our room. We had only one bath towel which we mentioned to the owner the next morning. We didn't want anyone to think we'd lifted it. She was very gracious and showed us around the property, which is being renovated. The owners have imported some beautiful hand-carved furniture and are in the process of updating rooms. The updated rooms cost more. Rooms sleeping for or more are plentiful. One room would comfortably sleep 8. There is a nice outdoor area and even a room for hosting dinner inside. We would consider this for a destination vacation. Panguitch is suited in a great area. All in all, this was a perfect rest stop on the long drive north.

Room Tip: An updated room will be costlier than the basic rooms.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 June 2013

Chose Mariana Inn because they only charge $5 extra for a pet, best we found in town. Accommodations were very clean and the staff warm and friendly. The fair grounds and a park are just across the street so it was a great place to walk the dog. Plus there is a very good breakfast place across the street. They have a nice pavilion for eating, reading, socializing, etc. Only gave them a 4 out of 5 because the décor was very plain and bare plus there was no free shampoo, conditioner, or lotion available in our room. Otherwise, every thing was very good.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 May 2013

Please don't use this place owner very unfriendly,although refurb is going on it is far from complete,bathroom nowhere to put toiletries or to hang towels,AC only blew cold room was freezing in morning,we booked for a fri night stay but had to change plans so Bookings.com kindly changed & bought forward our stay by one day but we still git charged $85 plus tax for fri rate instead of $45 plus tax for thurs rate no point arguing as it seems the owner is only interested in money money money

Room Tip: Check check & check again
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Vkd67
Also consider these accommodations in or near Panguitch
Days Inn Panguitch
Purple Sage Motel
Purple Sage Motel
#2 of 14 in Panguitch
Best Western Plus Bryce Canyon Grand Hotel

Been to Marianna Inn? Share your experiences!