“Thank you to New Western” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Days Inn Panguitch

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Days Inn Panguitch
Ranked #9 of 14 Hotels in Panguitch
Vancouver, Canada
“Thank you to New Western”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014

My Dad and Mum stayed in New Western this May while travelling in the US and asked me to write for them that they have had a great time in your hotel, as the atmosphere was very friendly and the service was excellent. Besides, Dad forgot his phone at the hotel, checked out and continued on the trip. When he and Mum returned to get it, they got all the help and were treated very friendly and warm. Thanks!

Room Tip: Just look for a room further from the road and higher.
1 Thank ZhenyaS10

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2014

I stayed in this New Western Motel at 180 E Center Street, Panguitch, UT 84759 US last week with my family. The room was a full of strong curry scents, the light does not work, bathroom has a terrible shower facility, old bed, and poor AC system. And you can hear the next room talk. It does not worth of I paid. The reason I chose this motel was due to no rooms available near the Canyon. it was a terrible experience ever.

Room Tip: I rather pay more to stay near Bryce Canyon. The rooms were not available at hotel near the park whe...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Kyu U

Travellers are raving about these Panguitch hotels

Menlo Park, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2014

After even a short visit to Bryce Canyon, you'll be aware that there is really only one hotel worth bothering about in the immediate area--Ruby's. But I guess it fills up. When I found Ruby's was unavailable on the nights I needed I said "no problem" and began looking (online) a little farther afield. I landed on Panguitch, Utah--a 20 mile drive from the amazing park. When I give you the price of accommodations--about $78 including taxes--you'll get a sense of what we're talking about with the New Western Hotel. I doubt if anyone, driving into town, expects the Four Seasons. It was FAIRLY clean (OK, there was a moldering Hershey bar from the Bronze Age in one of the drawers). But, again, It was $78. And stuff mostly worked (OK, the bathroom door wouldn't close and the curtains wouldn't close and there were some holes in the ceiling and the A/C was weirdly located). I found myself thinking of the Bates Motel. BUT IT WAS $78. So we'll call this a budget solution and give it 3 out of 5 because the system won't let you award 2.5. One look at the breakfast had us driving to the bakery with no need for a vote. Don't bother with the New Western breakfast. So is there any reason to recommend the hotel? In a bizarre way, the answer is yes. Panguitch. I wish I'd spent a few hours photographing the place. Wide open main street that cried out for tumbleweeds. A single, lonely looking movie theater. Several restaurants ranging from forlorn to busy. At one, the Flying W, I asked: "What's the best meal I can get here?" Our congenial waitress said, without hesitation, "Chicken Fried Steak." Came with mashed potatoes and gravy. LOTS of gravy. Hey, she had a great attitude and made sure we had a good time. We loved her. But no more chicken fried steak for me. My hiking pal and I were the only patrons of the movie house ($5 for seniors!), but the attached ice cream parlor had a good dozen customers. There's a bakery and a grocery store in town, but no drug store that I could find. I liked the town, for some reason. I mean, it was NOT charming. Maybe because I've always wanted to be a location finder for Hollywood movies and Panguitch reeked of Terrence Malick's next lonely backdrop.

If you're trying to see the national parks on a tight budget and you don't own a camper, consider a 20 minute drive down the highway to Panguitch and the New Western Motel. You could do worse.

Room Tip: I'd recommend an upstairs room vs. the ground floor.
Daphne, Alabama
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2014

I made my reservation for 2 rooms - each with a king size bed (they were one of the options) - on the internet a week before arriving. When we arrived, the "manager" told us that the king size beds were in the units across the street and were not available because the water would not get hot in the bathrooms. This motel is on both sides of the street. The south side has some units (with king size beds I assume), the swimming pool and the jacuzzi. None of those were available to us. We were told that the pool and jacuzzi were being cleaned (on June 1st??). We have stayed here in the past. The last time was 3 years ago and the same excuses were given to us then. So, since the king size beds were not available, the manager told us he would give us 2 rooms with 2 queen size beds in each of them. What was I going to do with 2 beds when only 2 people (husband and wife) were going to sleep in each room. He said he would give them to us for the same price as the rooms with the king size beds. Gee...thanks. Well, unfortunately, the beds were so uncomfortable that each couple used both beds in each room...one person per bed. My wife and I are used to a king size bed and we really had a difficult time sleeping in the queen size bed. The room was very clean and it looked like it had been recently recarpeted. The TV was a flat screen TV. The TV remote in one room did not work. That was the room situation. The continental breakfast was a huge joke. I would not consider it food. Some doughnuts, bread, cereal and a jug of warm milk that had been sitting on the counter for who knows how long. There was no one there to replenish the food. There wasn't any fruit. Just sweets and carbs. The orange juice and apple juice were warm and not refreshing at all. Another reviewer stated how the manager parked his car in the front and was on the phone with personal calls. That was our experience, too. In fact, his car, which was parked right at the entrance, under the canopy, had expired out-of-state license plates...which is really one of my pet peeves. Sorry New Western...you need to try a little harder. If you don't have those king size beds available, take them off your website. If the pool and jacuzzi are broken...take them off your website (and your marquee in front). Don't try to make your motel look like more than it is. Overall, our stay was just OK, but after staying there three times (and given the same excuses three times...over a 5-year period), I'm ready to pick somewhere else to stay in Panguitch.

Room Tip: Don't expect a king size bed.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank USNavy_Vet
Calgary, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

We stayed two nights at the New Western. Based on the first night, we should have packed up and moved somewhere else. Not much selection in areas. So, here is the description of the 1st night.

We arrived late and our room was prepaid. The room had green painters tape on the thermostat saying that it didn't work. There was garbage in two of the drawers from previous customers that was never removed. One was a broken chocolate bar in the dresser drawer and a used tissue in a different drawer.
There was hair in my bed? The bathroom door would not close. Not physically possible.
The temperature was controlled by a window mount AC unit which was not easily accessible at the back of the room. If you were shorter in height you may not have been able to reach it.
We were so tired from a day hiking, we just wanted to get sleep. In the morning, I went to call the front desk and the phone was dead... nothing at all.

We spoke to the manager and we were moved for the second night to a different room, During my conversation he took a personal call on his cell phone and I waited and had to listen to him talking to someone about personal stuff. I have stayed in hotels before where the manager parks his personal vehicle right in main entrance and this is one. Why? (must be some kind of statement).

2nd night. It was like a different hotel. Nice clean room with proper thermostat and phone that worked and a bathroom door that closed.

The breakfast - (Poor) would rank up there with the other hotels with the bare minimum. There was no one that I could see attending to the eating area to replenish bread or clean tables. It appeared to be the managers job who was often out smoking and talking on his cell. Poor selection of foods.
I didn't enjoy the breakfast but it was something in my stomach.

I am not making any judgement on about this hotel being good or bad. These are just the facts as I have encountered them.
What would you think?

Room Tip: I think we were in room 120 the first night, maybe 122 but stay away from that room. Its one of th...
Lacey, Washington
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

We planned a visit to Bryce Canyon National Park and got a good internet rate at this motel. The facilities are on both sides of the main street, looks like they bought two old motels and merged them. When we arrived and the manager said our room was across the sreet (in the older building) we asked to change to the newer building. He said it was all the same property. Our bed was so hard we couldn't sleep. The "bath" towels were about the size of hand towels and thin and scratchy. The first morning there was no water pressure so the shower just dribbled COLD water. There was a pool but it was empty. The free continental breakfast was a joke...it was served until 9:00 and we got there at 9:00. Everything was empty and very messy. The staff person was not busy, but he would not clean anything. There was 2 gallons of milk sitting on the counter at room temperature. We were stupid enough to stay 2 nights.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Gwen Y
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed overnight on a road trip with two young kids. The staff members were courteous and friendly and we were pleasantly surprised by the size and cleanliness of the rooms. The sheets were a little stiff (though clean) but everything else was nice.

Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Goldencanuck
Also consider these accommodations in or near Panguitch
Quality Inn Bryce Canyon
Purple Sage Motel
Purple Sage Motel
#2 of 14 in Panguitch
Bryce Pioneer Village

Been to Days Inn Panguitch? Share your experiences!