“Odd experience”
Review of Days Inn Panguitch

Days Inn Panguitch
Ranked #10 of 14 Hotels in Panguitch
Reviewed 14 June 2014

We booked the room through Days Inn's website, and then couldn't find the place because there was only one tiny unlit Days Inn sign. I found it by accident when I stopped in to ask for directions at the New Western and found out I was at the right place. The desk clerk told me she was unable to get my reservation from Days Inn since they weren't hooked into their system yet, but she did honor the discounted rate I was quoted. Our room, though dated, was very nice. I reserved a king room and found it to have a whirlpool tub, seating area with a sofa, and a brand new flatscreen TV.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ML_ND
Alli S, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Panguitch, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

I would like to apologize for the confusion of our hotel signage. We are in the process of converting our hotel to Days Inn. As our front desk staff informed you, we have not had our system quite set up. I am happy to hear your quoted rate was honored.

It is always pleasant to know that you enjoyed all of the amenities our hotel has to offer. We felt it appropriate to provide a more updated T.V. as entertainment in the room while on vacation is a key item.

We would like to thank you for staying with us and taking time to give an honest review of our hotel. Every comment is important to us, good or bad, as there is always room for improvement! Please come stay with us again soon!

There are newer reviews for Days Inn Panguitch

Reviewed 13 June 2014

I am not sure where to start. Their rates were high and it was the only motel left in town so I was stuck. The first thing we noticed was a broken toilet. The plumbing didn't work in the shower. Carpets were dirty and the bathroom floor was covered with hair. Moldy and broken tiles in the shower. Our door didn't have any seal so at night our room filled with bugs. Our coffee pot was completely covered with a brown film. Plan ahead so you don't get stuck having to stay here.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank croppersmith

Dear Valued Guest,

It is quite unfortunate to hear your stay was not as you had expected. I am truly sorry that your room was not clean and to general standards.

Our cleaning staff are required to clean each and every room after check out, so it is unusual that your room was seemingly overlooked. I do, again, apologize. I will let the general manager know that your room seemed to go unchecked for cleanliness before you were given your room key.

We will do our absolute best to apply your comments and concerns to better our rooms for future guests. Thank you for taking time to share these concerns with us after your stay, as it allows us to improve where it is necessary. We do hope you will give us another opportunity to regain your confidence in our hotel. Please come stay with again soon!

Reviewed 13 June 2014

Motel is supposed to be DaysInn. We even booked on Daysinn.com. Welcomed by the laundry lady we were told that the motel has no access to the daysinn-systems though and can not view our reservation. Unfortunately the motel was overbooked and the Manager was at a friends motel at that time to which we should go to find a solution. When we arrived at "Marianna's Inn" he didn't even talk to us but made the reception-lady walk between him in another room and us at the reception back and forth.
The worst of all was that they wanted us to pay for this stay at Marianna's Inn even though we prepaid the booking already online.
All things considered it was very chaotic and we cannot recommend to stay at this place. You might end up at Marianna's Inn!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Valued Guest,

Our sincerest apologies for the chaotic confusion you experienced.

We are in the process of becoming a Days Inn and our systems are currently being converted to receive all Days Inn reservations booked online. I am truly sorry for any inconveniences you dealt with during your stay with us, as it is not a common occurrence, but only having to do with our current conversion.

I do hope you will return and give us the opportunity to regain your confidence!

Reviewed 13 June 2014

Friendly couple at front disk. Large and clean room. A little dated. Large bathroom.
Ask for discounts. Newly become a Days Inn. Good stop to /from Bryce Canyon.Breakfast nothing to write home about. Breakfast room a little chaotic, but the whole place is under renovation, so hopefully things gets better.
Internet ok. A/C closed in night and was not opened again at 8 am.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank FlemmingD51
Reviewed 12 June 2014

My Dad and Mum stayed in New Western this May while travelling in the US and asked me to write for them that they have had a great time in your hotel, as the atmosphere was very friendly and the service was excellent. Besides, Dad forgot his phone at the hotel, checked out and continued on the trip. When he and Mum returned to get it, they got all the help and were treated very friendly and warm. Thanks!

Room Tip: Just look for a room further from the road and higher.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank ZhenyaS10
Reviewed 4 June 2014

I stayed in this New Western Motel at 180 E Center Street, Panguitch, UT 84759 US last week with my family. The room was a full of strong curry scents, the light does not work, bathroom has a terrible shower facility, old bed, and poor AC system. And you can hear the next room talk. It does not worth of I paid. The reason I chose this motel was due to no rooms available near the Canyon. it was a terrible experience ever.

Room Tip: I rather pay more to stay near Bryce Canyon. The rooms were not available at hotel near the park whe...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Kyu U
Reviewed 4 June 2014

After even a short visit to Bryce Canyon, you'll be aware that there is really only one hotel worth bothering about in the immediate area--Ruby's. But I guess it fills up. When I found Ruby's was unavailable on the nights I needed I said "no problem" and began looking (online) a little farther afield. I landed on Panguitch, Utah--a 20 mile drive from the amazing park. When I give you the price of accommodations--about $78 including taxes--you'll get a sense of what we're talking about with the New Western Hotel. I doubt if anyone, driving into town, expects the Four Seasons. It was FAIRLY clean (OK, there was a moldering Hershey bar from the Bronze Age in one of the drawers). But, again, It was $78. And stuff mostly worked (OK, the bathroom door wouldn't close and the curtains wouldn't close and there were some holes in the ceiling and the A/C was weirdly located). I found myself thinking of the Bates Motel. BUT IT WAS $78. So we'll call this a budget solution and give it 3 out of 5 because the system won't let you award 2.5. One look at the breakfast had us driving to the bakery with no need for a vote. Don't bother with the New Western breakfast. So is there any reason to recommend the hotel? In a bizarre way, the answer is yes. Panguitch. I wish I'd spent a few hours photographing the place. Wide open main street that cried out for tumbleweeds. A single, lonely looking movie theater. Several restaurants ranging from forlorn to busy. At one, the Flying W, I asked: "What's the best meal I can get here?" Our congenial waitress said, without hesitation, "Chicken Fried Steak." Came with mashed potatoes and gravy. LOTS of gravy. Hey, she had a great attitude and made sure we had a good time. We loved her. But no more chicken fried steak for me. My hiking pal and I were the only patrons of the movie house ($5 for seniors!), but the attached ice cream parlor had a good dozen customers. There's a bakery and a grocery store in town, but no drug store that I could find. I liked the town, for some reason. I mean, it was NOT charming. Maybe because I've always wanted to be a location finder for Hollywood movies and Panguitch reeked of Terrence Malick's next lonely backdrop.

If you're trying to see the national parks on a tight budget and you don't own a camper, consider a 20 minute drive down the highway to Panguitch and the New Western Motel. You could do worse.

Room Tip: I'd recommend an upstairs room vs. the ground floor.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Panguitch
Quality Inn Bryce Canyon
#2 of 14 in Panguitch
Red Ledges Inn
Red Ledges Inn
#3 of 5 in Tropic

Been to Days Inn Panguitch? Share your experiences!