“Early Summer stay”
Review of Grand Summit Hotel

Grand Summit Hotel
Ranked #19 of 60 Hotels in Park City
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Enjoyed hotel and activities. Family enjoyed fishing, zip lines and had excellent Mountain biking lessons for eight year old grandson. Hotel room was ready on time, clean and comfortable. Pool and hot tubs were clean and heated appropriately.

Room Tip: 400 has great views
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 19 June 2014

I recently stayed at the Canyons Grand Summit for a marketing conference. It is in a beautiful setting nestled in the foothills above Park City. The rooms were well appointed but somewhat small. The entire resort is neat as a pin. We were there during off season so many shops were closed and events were few. The public areas such as a few of the restaurants and lobby are very comfortable. The food at the resort was very good. The staff is an incredible asset to this resort and they go out of their way to make you stay enjoyable. They are in the process of building a beautiful golf course on the property. Public buses take you everywhere at no charge. I would stay here again in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: Get a mountain view room.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Stayed in a studio room for one night in early June. While the room would be a little tight if I had all my ski gear with me, I enjoyed the big jacuzzi tub and the sunny balcony and found the room perfectly nice for summertime use. The fireplace, oddly, didn't work, but certainly looks nice. The bed and pillows were comfortable. I'm grumpy and the hotel lost a point because housekeeping decided to wake me up at 8:40am to see if I was out of the room. Really? 8:40am for someone taking a vacation? Try back at 11 - I might be out of the room by then, I said. The overall service level was good, with free valet service and parking, aromatherapy in the lobby, and friendly desk staff at the front.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank TwinComanche
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

Great kitchen, dining area and living room that would sleep 2 and a cozy fireplace. A loft that slept 3 and bathroom. We had a separate bedroom with fireplace and bathroom.
Biking right out your door or take a beautiful hike.
Workout room was large with free weights, medicine balls and machines. Pool is relaxing and heated.

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed 10 May 2014

We had a group of 15 here at off season. Beautiful setting. Maybe not fully staffed, but the ones here acted like we owned the place. Great service at the front desk, Red Tail Grill, and the meeting rooms. The staff deserves another mention. I travel a lot for business, but this place deserves a special nod.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 April 2014

This resort is a strong 4 but there were just some issues that keep it from being a 5 out of 5.

We called several times prior to our arrival to ask questions. They knew we were coming but when we arrived there was nothing with our name on it. Had we not had our confirmation I still wonder if they would have given us a room. The valet/concierge (yep, the same person) was just plain rude. I think it was just his personality but I would never give him a job where he has to work with people. He had the personality of a wet paper towel.

The hotel was less than 10% booked. One night we had the only car in the garage. You rode a single elevator down to the first floor and then another elevator to the garage. I wonder why they don't always use one of the elevators that go to the garage.

The lobby and other common areas were very nice. They looked clean.Our room was also very clean when we arrived and with the exception of a few strange things was in very good shape. The hair dryer was burnt and was a fire hazard. There was a hole burnt in our daughter's bed sheet and pillow. They took them away but never replaced the pillow. Our master bath shower door was broken in such a manner that it was impossible to get in the shower. The maid had to know about this. I will say that we reported it to the desk and it was fixed by the end of the first day.

The kitchen was nice, the dishes and glassware nice, but the pots and pans were not to the level I expected. We were there for Easter so we cooked in that day. We also cooked breakfast everyday. There is not one decent pan to cook omelets.

The bedrooms were nice. The bedding was very comfortable. The daybeds in the living room are large enough to fit my very tall daughter.

We had a hard time getting the unit cool. Even opening the doors and windows did not help get the unit cool.

Overall I would rate this unit about 7 out of 10 with the potential to be a 10 out of 10. They just need to pay a little more attention to detail.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 April 2014

My Dad has a timeshare with Grand Summit and so it seemed like the obvious place to take a honeymoon when you live at the beach year round. We made it in right at the tail end of ski season and everything was easily accessible from the location.

When we arrived my Dad and the concierge, Bobbie-Jo had arranged for our room to be decorated for our honeymoon. We were surprised and touched to open the door to a candle lit room with balloons on the ceiling and a beautiful bouquet of flowers on the table. The best surprise was the tray of Vegan cupcakes brought in from Salt Lake City for us to munch on all week.

We spent some time at the spa as well getting a couple's massage and we were very impressed with the spa and the staff there.

Thank you so much for making our honeymoon memorable, we can't wait to come back again :)

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple