“Nice Hotel”

Ranked #20 of 60 Hotels in Park City
Wydaho
“Nice Hotel”
Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed at the Grand Summit for business meetings. The room I booked (for the family to stay with me) was a 2 bedroom suite (1-King, 1- two Queens) with a pullout couch in the center living area. The room was clean, and seemed to have been updated within the last year or so. The room was nice and quiet and faced the inside car arrival/pool area.

The pool/hot tub area was ok, nothing exceptional.

Staff was exceptional and really seemed to want to help us when asked, which was a surprise considering all the prima donnas we saw while we were there.

Overall, a good stay. I would/will stay there again while staying at The Canyons.

Stayed August 2014
GSHotelManager, General Manager at Grand Summit Hotel, responded to this review, 13 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your opinion of the Grand Summit Hotel. I am very happy that you found your accommodations comfortable and clean. We have indeed started to update items in the rooms, and this is only going to get better. It is also wonderful to hear that you felt the staff to be exceptional. We have been putting a lot of focus on making sure our guests feel important, cared for, and of course pampered; after all, you are on vacation!
Thank you again for submitting your feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Mary Sorensen-Walter

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 7 August 2014 via mobile

First and most of all, Chris and JoAnn at the front desk during the evening and morning, were very professional who try to make already a great impression an even remarkable one. The hotel is well decored and set for both the business and family trips. Heated pool and spa were nice. And many amenities..etc.
I highly recommend this hotel and espeically their people.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Don P
I am thrilled to have the opportunity to share your comments with Chris and Jo Anne, and thank you for taking the time to recognize our employees. I too think they are just fantastic, as both agents have a lot of passion and pride for providing exceptional service to our guests. Thank you for submitting your review and sharing your thoughts with the Trip Advisor world. We look forward to your return visit!

Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Thought this would be a nice resort - not five star but acceptable. #1 Construction- half the resort is under construction which is disruptive starting early morning to sundown. #2. all newbies working the front desk - no one knows their left from their right. Room mix up, unable to use room charges, missing amenities from the rooms. #3 Rooms- dated, old, musty, lumpy beds, old pillows, percale sheets - scratchy and uncomfortable. #4 Bathrooms old tub, low water pressure, toilet barley flushes, minimal bath amenities - have to request robes & working hairdryers. Wish I'd booked the Waldorf next door.

Room Tip: Ask for mountain view high floor- I did but didn't receive
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to submit your opinion online. I follow guest feedback consistently as it’s so important for our overall success. First know that I apologize you were disturbed by the construction that was happening around the resort. I know that as you come to visit, it is important to have the opportunity to find peace and relaxation. The added noise I am sure was an unwanted distraction.
You are correct that we have hired some new employees and there is a learning curve whenever you bring on new staff. We do however expect any employee within our family to go through an intense training program. This isn’t just to teach the new systems, or new policies, but to really show them how to provide experiences of a lifetime for our guests. I trust that should you visit us again, you will find the staff immensely improved at the desk as they settle into the high expectations that we have set forth.
I am also delighted to report that the owners of the hotel agree that it’s time to bring in some great new updates to the hotel. We have already begun this process and I look forward to the opportunity in the future to show off our changes.
Thank you again for sharing your comments, and I hope if you decide to visit again that you contact me directly. I would be happy to assist you with your reservations and ensure that you leave with great memories.

SLC
Reviewed 7 August 2014

I was less than impressed with this resort after we were invited to join some friends who had rented a place for the week. It was quiet busy when I arrived and decided to valet my car for convenience. The Valet asked whether I was staying at the hotel, I told him that I had friends who were. He told me that because it was so busy it may be easier for me to pay the valet fee now rather than later. I appreciated his advice, asked how much I owed him and paid $20 to park.

The lobby and accommodations were nice. The staff and service was lackluster.

However, I really got angry when I found out that a friend who had also valeted their car told me they paid $10 for valet. It was then I found out that I had been hustled by the hotels own valet to pay double the cost. Needless to say I was upset about this the rest of the visit and didn't really enjoy much else of the trip. A hotel that allows a valet to set his own price is not the type of place I want to or will stay again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you for sharing your experience with the valet staff while visiting friends. To begin it is important to state that it is absolutely unacceptable for a valet employee to decide on their own what a daily parking fee may be. It is imperative that all employees act with integrity and the hotel will not stand behind someone that decides to go against being honest.
With that being said, I would love the opportunity to speak with you in person about your experience. It would be very helfpul for us to know with whom you spoke to so we may immediately correct this situation. The bell staff typically is our highest ranking department for level of service and certainly do not want an experience like this to influence their exceptional history. We appreciate additional feedback you may be able to give us.
Thank you again and I look forward to the chance to speak with you directly.

Philadelphia
Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

This is probably the worst place I have ever stayed! The place itself is gorgeous and the view is incredible! However, I stayed there about a week ago and would never come back! The staff is horrible and they give off an "I don't care" attitude. In the middle of the night someone tried to get into my hotel room. They even had a key! We did not know this person, therefore they were not on our reservation. The guy at the front desk GAVE THE GUY A ROOM KEY TO OUR ROOM!!!! He did not ask for an ID or name or anything!! I called downstairs in a panic because someone had a key to my room and was trying to get in yelling "let me in!!!!! Open the door!!" Let me tell you I was scared! The guy who answered the phone said "yeah I know what is going on, I gave him a room key." What?!?!?!? How is that possible you gave him a room key when he's not even on our reservation! Talk about not feeling safe at a hotel!! I asked for security to come up ASAP and they never came! They were not even called!! Worst hotel ever!!!! ONLY STAY HERE IF YOU WANT A STRANGER IN YOUR ROOM AT 2am!

Stayed August 2014
9 Thank Walshie123
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

I have never been in Utah before was here for a destination wedding. The Grand Summit is gorgeous but I have never come across the most uncaring hotel staff. I travel a lot and was so appalled by the staff. I loved Utah and will be back but will stay somewhere else and would never recommend Grand Summit to anyone.

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank Brian W
Southlake, TX
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Stayed here because of a destination wedding that was in the area. While the experience was pleasant, there was a lot to be desired. The room service was very slow and we had to call two or three times to get our room cleaned. Each time we called, we were told that someone would be coming soon. After the third call (and a matter of hours), we finally got room service. Unfortunately, we probably got one of the worst units (for location) to stay in. We had a one bedroom suite (Rooms 456 and 458). It was not only right off the elevator bank (which meant significant hallway noise), but also directly above the outside dining for the Red Tail Grill (which is on the second floor of the hotel). As you can imagine, there was no privacy on our balcony and the noise from the patrons eating outside was directly below our bedroom. To top it off, there was some type of mountain bike event at the hotel and the finish line was right outside our room. The blaring of an announcer on loud speakers and loud music was very difficult to put up with. No real complaints about the room furnishings except for some stains on one of the couches. All in all, it was okay. Just didn't feel even close to a 4 star experience.

Room Tip: Can not say which room to choose, but can say that you should avoid Rooms 456 and 458 due to restaur...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple