“Beautiful, Comfortable, Personable”

Ranked #8 of 60 Hotels in Park City
Pburg MT.
“Beautiful, Comfortable, Personable”
Reviewed 18 February 2012

My girlfriend and I recently had the pleasure of staying here. It was amazing. We were greeted by very friendly valet and bellmen and the concierge was thoroughly attentive showing us around before taking us to our incredible deluxe suite. The one "Giant" bedroom suite had two beautiful bathrooms with a great jacuzzi in the master bath, amazing full kitchen with Viking appliances, and two gas fireplaces. It was so comfortable that we only left the hotel to go to the whole foods store to stock the fridge. Every night we soaked in one of the outdoor hot tubs while the snow fell. Magical! We enjoyed masterfully prepared cocktails next to an open fireplace and had a great meal prepared by the very talented Executive Chef, who came to thank us personally and make sure everything was to our liking. This was exactly what we needed and far exceeded our expectations. We will come back for sure! The snow unfortunatley was not the greatest while we were there, but the Waldorf Astoria made it well worth the trip. The hotel was so comfortable we could care less about the sking. Though we didn't take advatage, it does have amazing access and views of the Canyons Resort.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank TonyPburgMontana

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (222)
Honolulu
Reviewed 11 February 2012

So I was lucky and I was able to get a room at the Waldorf Astoria in Park City, Utah for under $500 a night. This one bedroom suite has got to be the most beautiful hotel room that I have ever stayed in... EVER! I could easily live the rest of my life in this room, and never come out. OK, maybe I am getting carried away. I would have to come out to hit the slopes at least once a week. This normally unaffordable room looked brand new (it's only a couple of years old anyway). It had a big kitchen that look like it came off an episode of "the Homes of the Rich and Famous." Two fireplaces, a big living room, and monster bedroom, a super comfortable king sized bed, a master bathroom to die for, a gorgeous view of the Ski Resort from the large sliding doors and lanai, and beautiful appointments all over the place are just a few of the highlights of this deluxe suite. Add in the wonderful extra personal service that my family received while we stayed here, and you got yourself a truly memorable winter vacation. My family enjoyed being just a few minutes from the slopes at The Canyons Ski Resort. We just had to hop on our own personal (that is, it felt like our own personal) gondola that goes from the hotel grounds directly to the lower ski lodge area. The hotels ski valet room with the large array of boot heaters was a real nice touch. Things that I can complain about... Well, our room was about a ten minute walk to the lobby (it felt more like a twenty minute walk). Self parking did not seem available. The ski valet person did give me the wrong set of skis on one occasion. Prices for anything and everything in the hotel (including the normal room rates) are priced beyond what mere mortals can even dream of. Our stay was too short by half a lifetime. All in all, our family vacation at the Waldorf Astoria in Park City will always be the vacation that all other vacations will be measured against, mostly due to the beautiful memories we will have of this beautiful hotel... did I mention beautiful?

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Gary W
usa
Reviewed 7 February 2012

We enjoyed our recent stay at the Waldorf Astoria Park City. The accommodations are relatively new and the decor looks very nice, especially for a ski destination. Great accents and public spaces and a beautiful spa. Not the same as you would expect in an urban luxury hotel, but a solid four to four and half star rating. This property has a small lobby area with a big fire ... beautiful, but too limited in space for such a large property. The bar and restaurant were just off of the lobby - very nice space, again limited seating. Service is not the best here. Front desk staff was very helpful, but the spa staff and concierge station left us with several issues to resolve. The rooms are all slightly different ... so getting the right place is key. Ask ahead of arrival for special attention to your request. The staff was very helpful to us in getting the room/condo we wanted. They showed us three options on the day of check-in, because we had made specific requests PRIOR to arrival and had opted for the more expensive choice ahead of time. There are various options within each category ... so for example, a two bedroom suite/condo has several different spaces you could be placed in. We had a beautiful two-floor, three bedroom suite with a full kitchen and large outdoor balcony complete with an outdoor fireplace. The rooms that overlook the pool and spa area also have a slope view. I would request that area, if possible and avoid the rooms that overlook the parking circle. If you are considering the Waldorf Astoria in comparison to other Deer Valley/Park City locations - please note: this hotel is really set apart from both Deer Valley and Park City. (The price reflects this and this fact ended up swaying our decision over the St. Regis or Stein Eriksen, for example.) The lift that is outside and across the street from Waldorf goes to the Canyons resort area only. Canyons runs are a bit more difficult and if you have small children or green run skiers, you will probably not enjoy Canyons as much as Park City or Deer Valley. You can easily take the shuttle to Park City or Deer Valley, but that may be of interest to you to consider ahead of time. The hotel did not answer this directly, when we inquired. I think it is a negative to be set apart, so they may not have wanted to highlight this issue. Shuttle to Deer Valley and Park City works on a reasonable schedule and they were flexible about pick-up. However, we ended up driving our own rental Suburban down to the parking lots at PC and DV, so that our group did not have to wait for the shuttle. Sort of tiring at the end of a long ski day to have to wait for the next shuttle and sometimes they were full with other riders. If we had not rented a car, we would have taken the shuttle for dinner in the city. We ate in Park City most nights. It is fun to walk around the charming little town and parking was easy to find during the time that we were there. Reservations would be recommended, during high season. Overall, we really enjoyed our stay at the Waldorf. Even though I would opt to go to a hotel closer to Park City or Deer Valley next time, to be closer into the ski village ... it was a good option for our large group. It feels less like a ski lodge destination and more like a very nice condo building with hotel services - which is not necessarily a bad thing, just different than say the Stein Eriksen in Deer Valley or the Park Hyatt in Beaver Creek. In terms of price ... the Waldorf Astoria is a luxury resort that provides a great choice with spacious rooms/condo style selections that are not far away from the three ski resort options.

Other tips: We took a snowmobile tour to one of the most beautiful spots I have ever photographed on earth through the hotel. If you want to take an afternoon off the slopes, do not miss the Utah mountain and lake views only accessible by snowmobile or on foot. There were several companies offering these tours. Also, our kids LOVED the sledding hill just a few miles away from the hotel on the main highway. You can go in the day or at night. The adults in our group ended up having as much fun as the kids. If you are interested, ask the concierge for details.

Room Tip: See review. Ask for pool and spa view with slope views included. Avoid parking lot or room near th...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank stilloutthere
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 30 January 2012

Taking the Canyons lift right out of the front door is the best thing about this hotel but there were plenty of good things. The concierge helped set up a cab from SLC (Ski Taxi - nice people, clean minivan, prompt). The rooms were done very nicely; they were clean and comfortable. They checked us in early and let us leave late which was really great.

The first room we got was lovely, big kitchen and living room. No slippers in the room and of course for once I didn't bring mine (I hate wasting those things). Turns out they had run out of them but no 'sorry.' I don't want to sound like a prima donna but when things aren't perfect, nice places usually fumble over themselves to make it up to you.

Though "slipperless" (thankfully the floor did seem clean) we were happy until 6AM. That's when loud music and someone yelling started up. It even woke our 6 year old up. We called the front desk and she seemed surprised but said it was the spin class in the gym and she would ask them to turn it down. It was still quite loud. Since I was up anyway I went to the gym. It did not need to be that loud for sure. The gym was pretty nice but the cardio equipment was really crammed in there. Anyway, I asked to move rooms and they were nice enough about it but for a hotel of this caliber I expected at least a sincere apology. I gotta say most hotels would throw you an upgrade or meal...something. Instead our new room was much smaller, still lovely but smaller.

The bar was nice, very friendly bar keeps, great beet chips!; the smores by the fireplace were a big hit! The hotel shuttle was good; just ask and he'll take you to your destination off of their usual loop of the town. The Park City Bus system is great, FREE btw.

The hotel left us happy by letting us check out at 4PM!! So nice to shower after a full day boarding.

Overall a very, very nice hotel in a really great location. The service was not bad but compares poorly to any of the Four Seasons, Ritz Carltons or even Westins that we've stayed at.

Room Tip: Make sure you don't get the room over the gym unless you plan to get up at 6AM!!!!!!
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
Chicago
Reviewed 28 January 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Waldorf Astoria during the Sundance Film Festival. We had a one room suite and it was heaven. Check in was a breeze and the service outstanding. Our suite had two bathrooms and a full size kitchen. The main bath had a shower and jacuzzi tub. The kitchen had stainless steel appliances and granite. There were two gas fireplaces, one in the living room and the other in the bedroom. This made for cozy evenings, especially after two feet of snow that fell on Saturday. We had one bad experience, trying to get the shuttle back to the hotel. We were unsure of the pick up zone so we called the front desk. They were unclear about the pick up location, so my husband and I opted for the public transportation to the canyons and walked the short distance to the hotel. The main reason we did not know the drop off/pick up zone was the shuttle driver was so kind he dropped us and the other guests right on Main Street instead of the normal drop off so we could eliminate the public bus. I was just surprised that the front desk did not have information or make an effort to ask someone for help. I saw some people wrote about rooms being too warm, ours felt great. However, we were above the garage, so the temperature of our room might have been cooled by the location. There were no fumes or odor being on top of the garage, so no need to worry about the location of this room.

Room Tip: We were room 4136, near pool entrance, not pool side. Quiet room, over the garage.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank NIDAKY
Chicago, IL
Reviewed 26 January 2012

I went to Sundance for the first time and stayed at the Waldorf. The property is gorgeous! I thought I detected hotel-envy from other airport shuttle passengers as I was the first dropped off. LOL The lobby is, grand chalet beautiful. The staff went out of their way to help with any request. We missed the shuttle to town, they arranged another free ride for us. We wanted to watch our own DVD, they hooked up a player in the room. We had a two bedroom suite and I can't think of a single thing to complain about. High end appliances. We never cooked but if you are interested, there are local grocery delivery services available. A nice surpirse was the full size washer dryer (with Tide detergent) in a closet off entry. Gas fireplaces in every room. Flat screens everywhere including bathrooms. LOVED it. It's not cheap but I felt we got what we paid for. Highly recommended. Note that if you are there to attend Sundance the Waldorf is away from Main Street, but the free shuttle is nice.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank chgofilmfan
Mesa, Arizona
Reviewed 23 January 2012

Girl's weekend at the Waldorf Astoria in Park City was AMAZING. From the moment we arrived from the airport, it reminded of a glistening fairytale. Our room was beautifully decorated and immaculately clean. I felt like a Princess! We turned on the fireplace and ordered cookies and milk. Before we knew it, warm freshly baked chocolate chip cookies and cold milk arrived and we were all snuggled up with the softest blankets I've ever felt (I even bought and brought it home). The view in the evening was so peaceful with the property and pool lit up. In the morning the view was breathtaking with the snow covered mountains showing over the top of the property. We spent the day coming and going. The staff was very helpful finding us directions and making suggestions on places to eat. They set us up on a great horseback riding excursion. The valet staff was very cheerful, helping us in and out of our vehicle (many times) and offering us water. Each evening before our now traditional cookies and milk by the fire, we spent in the jacuzzi looking up at the twinkle lights in the trees. Thank goodness for the soft and WARM robes and slippers to get out of the jacuzzi with :) Our last day we spent at the Spa. I loved the massage, resting room, tea and warm tile chairs.... so relaxing. Wonderful Wonderful Weekend! Thank you Waldorf Astoria !!!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends