“Hotel itself was fabulous, Restaurant, not so much”

Waldorf Astoria Park City
Ranked #8 of 60 Hotels in Park City
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Had a great stay with my husband and 3 kids. We had a 1 bedroom suite which was huge, very clean, well appointed, and very comfortable. Plenty of room for the rollaway bed. Kitchen was beautiful but not much in the way of cooking utensils, pots/pans, etc. Agree completely with other reviewers about requesting a poolside room lobby level or above. We had requested that but they were not able to accommodate. While we weren't awakened by construction noise, there was one morning when it was annoying to listen to while trying to relax in bed.

Christie, the chief concierge, was fabulous. Always very pleasant and tolerated our many questions and changes in plans. Helped us make the most of our time. Other staff was very helpful, professional, and pleasant as well.

Location is great. They will shuttle you back and forth to the Canyon base area. You just go outside and they drive you up. Call from the base and they come to get you. The drivers were all nice and we felt very comfortable. There is a lift to the base area that operates on Sat/Sun/Wed during the summer. The lift is about a 5 min walk from the hotel with a dawdling 6 y/o. You can walk between the base and the hotel, probably about a 15 min walk. There is about a 10 min drive to the Olympic Village.

While there is a resort fee, there is no extra charge for the rollaway bed or valet parking.

We did get the rate that included breakfast. Won't do that again. Restaurant was horribly slow - we spent over 2 hours getting breakfast our first day there, an hour the second. After that we ordered room service which was not included but was faster and allowed us to get our day going sooner. See separate review for Powder. They say they have "Crave" as well but it wasn't open when we were there, so Powder or room service were the only options. A Starbucks or similar in the lobby would be a welcome addition. Maybe that is what Crave is supposed to be?

Pool was nice - heated, clean. Smores at night were, of course, a big hit with the kids.

Would stay here again but plan on not eating at the restaurant.

Room Tip: Poolside, lobby level or above.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,508)

Reviewed 6 August 2014

One word - WOW! I recently stayed in Park City to celebrate my parent's 50th Anniversary. I have stayed all over the world, and I can honestly say that this is the nicest hotel I have ever stayed at. The team members at the hotel were top notch - not one bad interaction. In fact, I can honestly say that it was the friendliest group that I have ever had the pleasure of staying with. They made all of us feel like cherished friends. Extremely warm, hospitable and eager to please. A special shout-out to the entire concierge team (Christie & Rachel were awesome), the front desk team, the entire transportation team and the housekeeping group! This was our first time to Park City, and I would recommend it to anyone. What a great destination. Thanks again to all of the staff at the Waldorf Astoria - you made this the trip of a lifetime, and we are all grateful! I can't wait to come back! :)

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 August 2014

The food is terrible and the service is worse. It's supposed to be a luxury brand hotel, but somehow they have completely missed the boat with this property. Every single meal we received was incorrect. And the quality of the food is not good and very overpriced for what you get. Their electricity wattage is off. So if you dry your hair, it will likely get burned. My burned off! And if you go to turn on a lamp, your lamp might ignite a fire. YES A FIRE FROM THE LAMP! This place was ridiculous. I honestly don't understand how they are in business.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Waldorf Astoria
4  Thank Courtney M
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Fantastic hotel. Extremely friendly staff, beautiful surroundings, and the most comfortable hotel rooms that I have ever enjoyed in my life. I miss the hotel already. If I lived closer I would spend more weekends up there. I love having a full kitchen. They should have an Executive Lounge, as with all premium hotels, otherwise, it is perfect.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Waldorf Astoria
Reviewed 6 August 2014

I am a local here in Park City and my family was visiting for a week. We started the day off with a hike through Sundance and were hot, sweaty, and tired when checking into our first hotel. Simply put, the hotel we were meant to spend a week in was in no way a property that lived up to our expectations, even the little ones that we did have. After scrambling to find a suitable hotel, lest they stay in my studio apartment for a week....

After debating pricing and levels of luxury, we booked at the Waldorf simply for its price and the reputation of the brand. We were not disappointed. The entire stay was nice and comfortable. Pleasant valet team, our guest reception agent Matt who checked us in, stepped around the desk to do just a brief orientation of what and where we can find things. We went to the room and just felt so at ease and ready to settle down for the night.

The first hotel we came from had AC issues so we were apprehensive about our AC and an engineer Zeke came right to assist and confirmed it was worked and really cranked it so it was going really good, and even came back in the morning the make sure we were still comfortable. We did have a little issue with housekeeping at turn down service. The directory in the room does say ice will be refreshed at turn down services. The 2nd night we were there, the TD service looked a bit off, beds mismade, no ice, no chocolates, items just thrown on the floor. I ended up speaking with the room attendant who was a touch sassy, which was when I had to reach out to the housekeeping manager, who then insured that the rest of the stay our services would be flawless. He did mention that while ice is something they can always deliver, it wasn't a staple of TD service....weird since it's in the directory. So make sure to specify that.

Overall we were very comfortable at this property, the spa was relaxing, they have these really cool stone chairs that are heated. It is a little small compared to the spa I'm used to but, it didn't seem to be an issue when I was there. They even did a smores in the evening and live music throughout our stay. We had a dog who certainly enjoyed the well maintained grass!!
Thank you so much for giving us a very nice stay!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 August 2014

The Waldorf was a great venue for a wedding! They were attentive, responsive and professional. Everything was lovely and well planned out. The rooms are well appointed and comfortable - love the complimentary water and wifi! Our only criticism was the view from our room - construction site and maintenance garage! Yuck! And the construction crew was on the job before 7 am Saturday morning :((.

Room Tip: Request room with pool view. Lots of construction on "Mountain View" side, and most likel...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mainem0m
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Let's be honest, with a Waldorf you know the quality you're getting and you know that quality comes at a price. There are a lot of options in the area, many closer to the actual lifts as this property is kind of by itself in the Canyons valley. Construction across the street is winding up but does create some noise if you're facing that direction.

This property was designed as a timeshare / condos with Marriott stepping in to do some property management while they await selling of all the units. Nothing wrong there. I was just blown away by the food charges. Given portion sizes and fees for things like room delivery (21% plus $4) and no other options in the area, be sure to ask the front desk to take you into town to get some munchies for your fridge unless you're ok paying their prices.

Will I stay here again, would really depend on why I was there.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business