There are many things to like about this property, but its not a traditional Waldorf Astoria style hotel. Rather its a property built 5 years ago for fractional ownership which failed and was subsequently acquired by Hilton.
Lobby and public areas are elegantly designed with a nice but modestly sized restaurant and bar area. Rooms are very small, with junior suites fractionally larger. One bedroom suites, if you can secure one, are spacious and well appointed with functional kitchens. Rooms are noisy and could be much better sound insulated...constant footsteps from the floor above, tv noise and snoring from the adjacent room, child play at poolside. After 5 years rooms are clearly showing wear...woodwork, carpets, etc. Property offers shuttle service into downtown Park City (about 3 miles away) which is punctual and frequent.
The property is built in a semicircle with a sizable pool area in the center. This has two drawbacks--one is that there is essentially no view of the surrounding scenic mountains from the inward facing rooms, the second is that the building design captures all the sound from the pool area including distractingly loud music played from early morning until 10 pm. At current construction activities make the views from many of the outward facing rooms undesirable.
Without question one of the best aspects of this property is the concierge service. Christie, chef concierge, and her staff are outstanding. They know the area activities, restaurants, scenic views exceptionally well and are very efficient in securing arrangements.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Waldorf Astoria Park City welcomes guests to the largest ski and golf resort in the United States, Park City Resort. Nestled among the pristine Wasatch Mountains, Park City, Utah, is a mere 35 minutes from the Salt Lake City International Airport. The hotel's guest rooms are appointed with custom furnishings, suites with top-of-the-line kitchens and spectacular views of the ski slopes and picturesque Wasatch Mountains. Integral to the guest experience at Waldorf Astoria Park City is its 16,000-square-foot spa and on-property restaurant, Powder. The property was recognized in 2015 by Travel & Leisure for “The World’s Best Hotels”, 2014 as the top hotel in Utah on Condé Nast Traveler’s Gold List also by Condé Nast Traveler “#7 Resort in the West-2013”, and Readers' Choice Awards, “Top 40 Resorts in the West”. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Waldorf Astoria Park City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Waldorf Astoria Park City Hotel Park City
- Waldorf Astoria Park City Utah