We had a fantastic stay at the Sundial Lodge even though it was for only 1 night. We were traveling with another couple on a tour and were staying an extra night in the Salt Lake City area and decided that this would be the perfect place to stay and we were not disappointed.
The staff we encountered were all VERY friendly. The type of rooms we had was a 2 bedroom lock-out. Our friends had a living room/kitchen, large bathroom with heated tiled floors and a queen bed. We had the room right next door, with a king bed, microwave, coffee maker, dorm type fridge, couch, chair and desk and a smaller bathroom with heated tile floors. It was perfect for all of us. We kept the doors opened between the 2 rooms until it was time for bed, seeing there was also 1 locked door between the 2 rooms with a small hallway and the washer and dryer in it. We thought the rooms were nicely furnished and very clean.
The resort itself was beautiful and it was easy access to everything at the resort from the restaurants, to the mini golf to the Gondola up the mountain. We took the Gondola up, then there is a ski/chair lift to another part of the mountain….there is a place to eat/relax mid-mountain. We walked one of the trails and found a couple of moose in the woods. It started to thunder and they closed the Gondolas for the ride back so we had to wait in the “lodge” mid-mountain for them to open up the Gondola’s….luckily it was only about a 30 min. wait. There is also a zip-line and other activities at the resort that we did not have time to check out.
We did not eat at The Canyons but we did go about 2 miles from there and ate at the McDonald’s for lunch. There is also a Wal-Mart, and other places to eat in that area, along with a liquor store. We picked up some groceries at the Wal-Mart to make dinner at our resort and we bought wine at the liquor store across the street, seeing they do not sell wine or beer in their Wal-Mart. The resort had grills where you can grill out, but it was not like it was right at your back door, but definitely doable if you wanted to grill. The pool looked nice too.
We also went to Historic Park City on Main Street which was only about 2 or 3 miles from the resort. It was a nice quaint little resort town with plenty of shopping, restaurants, bars and a few Souvenir shops.
We also went to Olympic Park which is also only about 2 miles from the resort. It is free if you just want to look around the area and go in the museum but they had several activities to do for a charge. We really enjoyed walking around and watching some of the activities.
We really enjoyed our stay at Sundial Lodge and are glad we stayed an extra day after our tour. It is only about 30-35 minutes to the airport. I highly recommend this place to stay and would not hesitate to stay there again in the future!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located at the base of Canyons Resort and just steps away from the Red Pine Gondola, the Sundial is a perfect blend of classic mountain lodge architecture and metropolitan style and sophistication. Choose from our many hotel rooms, studios, 1- and 2-bedroom suites, and even 2-bedroom suites with additional sleeping loft and extra bath. All rooms feature relaxing oversized jetted tubs, and all suites come with full kitchens, warm fireplaces, sofa sleepers, and private balconies to take in the mountain air and sweeping views. This property also offers unparalleled convenience, being positioned directly above and around the stores, restaurants and ski shop of the picturesque Canyons' Resort Village. Guests also enjoy the heated outdoor pool, rooftop hot tub and plunge pool, complimentary underground parking, and much, much more. Additionally, our complimentary winter shuttle service transports guests within the Canyons Village area and to Historic Main Street, where the most popular boutiques, galleries, restaurants, and nightlife can be found. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, TravelClick, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sundial Lodge at Canyons Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sundial Lodge At The Canyons Hotel Park City
- Sundial Hotel Park City
- Sundial Hotel At The Canyons
- Sundial Lodge At Canyons Village Park City, Utah