“What an experience!”
Review of Silver King Hotel

Silver King Hotel
Ranked #32 of 60 Hotels in Park City
Reviewed 18 March 2013

So we actually were supposed to be staying at 'The Caledonian' on Main Street, we have been to Park City every year for the past 10 years and always stay somewhere different, we liked the Caledonian and were able to book a great deal on a third party website - booking.com (linked to priceline, because that's who sorted out our problems).
So, we get to the Caledonian - Nov 22nd (sorry it's taken me a long time to get to this review - but I made notes as you will see below) and are told 'we don't have your reservation' ...it was Thanksgiving break... YIKES. Never happened to me before. I call booking.com and they find us an alternate - it took about one and a half hours - Silver King (Listen we got a great online deal - $566 for 4 nights...it seems apparent to me, that we were bumped when the Caledonian realized it could sell it's rooms for much higher...in fact the guy on reception said we were the 2nd party checking in that day that they could not find the reservation for - even though I showed him our confirmation).
We were not charged anymore for the move into a 2 bedroom at Silver King as opposed to a one bedroom at The Caledonian.
Any way...we move to the Silver King.... it's a long story folks, but during our 3rd day there is a hotel flooding and the whole half of the hotel we are staying in has to be moved because water is flowing (they thought from our room - they came in searching the room 4 times!) most of the rooms have hot tubs IN the room - what I liked about Caledonian was the hot tubs were outside on the balcony - I don't love the hot tub inside the room really - but turns out my kids liked it, however, it wasn't our room (I was starting to feel accused of something by maintenance) turned out it was a water pipe break...anyhow...sorry to ramble... we got to see quite a few of the other rooms, as we moved rooms and they are REALLY very different. The room you choose in this resort makes a HUGE difference - here are my notes:

#306 this was our first room, the decor is nice, very cozy leather sofa and chairs, the TV was great but a relatively basic DVD player so you could only watch a DVD or unplug it and switch to cable. 2nd bedroom bathroom had a nice grey shower with stone floor and double glass sliding doors, the furnishings were nice but the whole place is fairly dark,
Both beds had nice upholstered headboards, the master bed linens and comforter needed to be updated though.

#406 fuse ball table, nice decor, not much of a view, high king size bed in the master, nice hot tub with screen

#220 decor is modern, 2 bdrms, no hot tub, very comfortable beds, nice bathrooms, best kitchen of all we saw, lots of light and windows, ground floor... This is the second room we moved to.

#506 Gorgeous, huge living, staircase, 3 bdrms, log cabin bunks in one room, weird Fluor main light in Kitchen, huge sweeping staircase, it for sure has a penthouse feel

#413 decor was nice, great carpet, dining table nook near window.... Great bed linens looked fresh and clean

#410 - outdated lots of Browns - ugly
Old bathroom tile

Hope these notes help.
Would we go back - yes, if we could get room #220 or #506, but if we were in a room like #410 NO WAY.

Room Tip: see my specific notes above
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
Melinda B, General Manager at Silver King Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2013

I really enjoyed reading your review. I really appreciate the detailed feedback. Your review will hopefully help many future guests. I'm very sorry for all the inconveniences you faced during your stay with us. It sounds like you got a great tour of our hotel! I hope you come back and stay with us again. Thank you for taking the time to write your review.

Reviewed 7 March 2013

After a mix-up with our room on arrival on a Sunday night, we spoke with Chris and Veronica at the front desk the next morning and they went beyond the call of duty to sort things out for us. This proved the start of a great week at the hotel, with the staff friendly and helpful and our accommodation in room 505 excellent. The hotel is a 3 min walk from the resort centre (ski-hire, ski tickets, restaurants), free shuttle buses stop outside which travel to Deer Valley, downtown, Canyons and to the outlet stores, and, if you are a skier, you go out the back door from the ski storage room and have a 2 min walk across the car park to the First-Time lift for mountain access. We travel a fair bit in the USA coming from Australia and would rate the Silver King as good value for money and the staff as friendly and helpful. Our room was spacious and quiet and the kitchen was well set up. Park City is a great place to ski and if you head this way, the Silver King is highly recommended.

Room Tip: Ask for room 505 or any other room on fifth floor.
1  Thank Carmen D

Thank you for your review! I'm happy to hear what a great experience you had staying with us. I'm very pleased to hear how well my staff took care of you. I hope you come visit us again!

Reviewed 4 March 2013

After reading a few negative reviews on the hotel, I was a litlle apprehensive, but..It was one of the best
lodging experiences that I had in both Utah and Colorado, and considering the cost=priceless!!! Very service oriented, with a perfect location for skiing the Canyons or Deer Valley, few minutes from shops and Main Street courtesy shuttle (free) and a wood burning fireplace, in a loft studio with mountain view. I have friend that stayed at "better" and more expensive properties, and I kind of feel sorry for them!!!! Definitely will be back next season...

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your positive feedback! I'm happy to hear how much you enjoyed staying with us and that you will be returning. See you next season!

Reviewed 27 February 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed here and honestly it doesn't get better than this place. Especially for the money. It was more than we ever expected. First of all, its in a prime spot! We didn't know that it was a 5 min. walk to the Park City Mtn resort. Then when we got there, it was actually even closer, it literally is like a part of the mountain! Right THERE! The hotel itself is nice and clean. The room was AMAZING!!! Room 507 We stayed a premium suite with a queen size bed. The second we walked into the room we were amazed. Definitely not your average hotel room. The room had high ceilings and was big. It has a FULL kitchen, laundry and even a dishwasher. We could have stayed there forever. We went food shopping the first day and got stuff to save on breakfast and lunch. Its so close to the mountain that we could walk back for lunch to our room. It also had a fireplace which they provided a Duraflame log to light it. To get around, the transportation was the best. Not only is it free, but it picks you up right outside the hotel, across the street and takes you anywhere, to the grocery store, to downtown main st to go out and to the other mountain Canyons. We were snowboarding, so those were the only two we could go to. But if you are a skier, you can take it to Deer Valley as well.
On top of everything, the hotel staff was SO nice and helpful. They really were the nicest people. I have NO complaints at all about this place and I can get annoyed very easily with little things. Also, the pool and hot tub were great as well! Always nice to come back after a long day of boarding and go in. It was an amazing vacation and We will definitely be going back there next year! Hope that this review helps when planning you vacation.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Premium suite. But we didn't see the standard suite.
1  Thank LorNj29

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I'm so happy to hear what an amazing experience you had staying with us! Our goal is 100% satisfaction and I'm happy to hear we achieved that. I hope you come and stay with us again!

Reviewed 27 February 2013

We stayed in room 503 and I couldn't have been more pleased with our stay. The suite was much larger than what we expected! It was an absolutely gorgeous room! The pool and hot tub were immaculate! The front desk staff was also extremely friendly. The housekeeping did a wonderful job keeping up with our room. I really don't have a single complaint about our stay. Our family snowboarded almost every day. How convenient to walk out the back of the hotel and walk right on to Park City mountain! The hotel transportation was also amazing! It takes you anywhere within a 3 mile radius of the hotel. We will be staying at Silver King next time we visit Park City!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank momx4frompa

I'm so pleased to hear that you had such a wonderful experience staying with us. Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We hope to see you next season!

Reviewed 25 February 2013

Nice facility, close to the slopes, great staff. Similar to other reviews facility is quaint but outdated. The furnishings were rustic and well suited to theme. Very homey, we had a spa 2 bedroom facility. It served out needs but wasn't perfect but we were fine with it. The master bedroom was quite cold, but we like it that way. We went as a family, however our kids are 19 and 21 (adults) they brought school work which is where the free WIFI came in handy. We would return.

Room Tip: We stayed in 306. Quite nice.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
Melinda B, General Manager at Silver King Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2013

Thank you for your review. I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and would come back again! If and when you return please let us know if there is anything we can do to make your stay with us more enjoyable and we will do our best to accommodate.

Reviewed 20 February 2013 via mobile

Not a bad hotel but needs a make over. The spa apartment we had was outdated all through the room. The bed in the 2nd bedroom was poor and so hard to get a good sleep , a lot of mould in the wet areas, pool / spa etc.
On the upside its a good location close to the lifts and restaurants and bus stop outside the hotel door. Private shuttle available for you to use to get you to the other resorts.

• Stayed: February 2013
Julia C, Front Office Manager at Silver King Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2013

Thank you very much for your feedback.We appreciate your acknowledgement of our Hotel's great location and our private Shuttle Service.
While our standard rooms meet our minimum standards we do offer a Premium room type which will feature updated kitchens, bathrooms, and other furnishings throughout the unit.

We are sorry you were disappointed with your stay and hope that a stay with us in the future will allow us to show you that this is not consistent with the standards we have set the hotel.

Travellers also viewed these Park City hotels
#5 of 60 in Park City
Silverado Lodge
Silverado Lodge
#29 of 60 in Park City

Been to Silver King Hotel? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Silver King Hotel

Address: 1485 Empire Ave, Park City, UT 84060-5112
Region: United States > Utah > Wasatch Range > Park City
Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Kitchenette Shuttle Bus service Suites Swimming Pool
Ranked #32 of 60 Hotels in Park City
Price Range: £77 - £546 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Silver King Hotel 3.5*

Located just steps from the PayDay lift at the base of Park City Mountain Resort, you'll find sophisticated mountain luxury wrapped in local mining nostalgia, with hundreds of historic mining artifacts and photos thoughtfully placed throughout the hotel's halls and common areas.

Each and every studio and 1-to-4 bedroom condominium at the Silver King has a full-sized kitchen, and honest-to-goodness real wood-burning fireplaces. Guests also enjoy our indoor/outdoor pool, concierge services, complimentary ski lockers, heated underground parking, and close proximity to the restaurants, boutiques, galleries, and nightlife of Park City's Historic Main Street. Additionally, the Park City Municipal Golf Course is just steps away, and transforms into a cross country skier's dream in winter, winding through rolling low hills and snow-tipped old growth trees.

Whether you're considering a cozy weekend getaway for two, or a rejuvenating extended stay for the whole family, the Silver King Hotel is a magical and timeless place where you're sure to make memories that last a lifetime.

... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Silver King Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Silver King Park City