“AWSOME family vacation!!!!!”
Review of Silver King Hotel

Silver King Hotel
Ranked #32 of 60 Hotels in Park City
Reviewed 27 March 2013 via mobile

This is our new place in Park City. The kids absolutely loved the pool and me and the wife loved the Jacuzzi. The room was very spacious and the kitchen had everything we needed to have a couple meals in. We checked in at 3 AM with no problem at all. The proximity of this hotel to the slopes is right across the parking lot, it can't be beat. My two young teenage kids were even able to take themselves night skiing because it was so close. The kids are already planning next year's return trip. Great value,great price, great location, great service, it can't be beat!

• Stayed: March 2013
Melinda B, General Manager at Silver King Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2013

Thank you for your feedback! I'm pleased to hear that you and your family really enjoyed staying with us and are planning to come back! We look forward to having you stay with us again.

Reviewed 21 March 2013

I stayed at the Silver King with some friends recently for a long ski weekend. The property was ok. A typical mid-rate hotel in a ski town. The best amenities being the indoor/outdoor pool and proximity to Park City Mountain.

However, they completely messed up our reservation and billing creating a moment of anxiety when I showed up at the front desk to no reservation and major hassle on the backend when I was billed twice for the room and had to dispute the charges on my credit card. The front desk staff did not competently handle these situations in my opinion. Also there was a dirty towel in front of my door upon check in and it took three calls/visits to the front desk to resolve this.

Room Tip: The rooms are individually owned and the furniture, decor and TV are different in each. The price fo...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank USVIShoreFisher
Julia C, Front Office Manager at Silver King Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your recent stay at Silver King Hotel. We also apreciate your kind words about our indoor/outdoor pool and proximatie to Park City Mountain Resort. We are disappointed that your experiance was anything less then exceptional and we apolagize that we fell short of delivering the level of service that you deserve and expect from Silver King Hotel.Bringing these details to our attention allows us to improve and I will shared your feedback with our leaders and staff regarding your reservation and billing. We hope that you will allow us another opportunity to demonstrate our hospitality.

Reviewed 20 March 2013

My family stayed at the Silver King Hotel in a 3 br premium condo, Jan 22nd-26th. It was Sundance week so we paid a lot for our condo. Since I do not ski anymore, the only request I had before my husband booked your location was that it was within walking distance to the town and had a fitness center. My husband had numerous phone conversations with your staff before our condo was booked & he was told that yes the location was good and there was a fitness center.
When I got into our condo-
Front door did not close
Shower curtain in master bath covered in mold, had turned orange & had to be replaced
Had to request dresser and table get dusted twice in master before it was cleaned (table never was cleaned) When I picked up our TV remotes on the dresser, you could see where the remotes had been sitting because of the rest of the dust there.
Could not cool down the bedrooms upstairs. We cut the heat completely off to those rooms, opened the windows all night, slept with fans and all 4 of us that we in those rooms still had 4 sleepless nights because of the heat. By cutting the heat off to the master upstairs, it cut off the downstairs bedroom which made it uncomfortably cold for my son in that room. We had maintenance there and we were told that this was the only way to control it and we were offered a space heater.
Was given 2 humidifiers to use that did not work at all
Day 2 & 3 housekeeping did not refill our hand towels
Only ½ of the Jets in Jacuzzi at the pool were working We cut the sauna on and after 45 minutes, it still did not heat up
After all of this, I visited the fitness center to find a bicycle, treadmill and broken elliptical with a do not use sign. Remote to TV in there did not work. I got on the treadmill. It would not do a manual setting so I tried about 6 different programs and none were working properly. Treadmill was moving even though it registered 0 speed. On the last program I tried, speed was registering 0, treadmill was moving and all of a sudden it shot up to speed 10. The treadmill does have a place for a book or ipad but there is no lip in the front to hold the book on so I was holding on to my ipad. When the treadmill suddenly shot up, it was either me or the ipad and I had to let go of the ipad so I did not fall. It went flying across the floor and landed under the TV which is when the screen shattered. I spoke to Julia and she had Melinda call me. I was told that the fitness center is “use at your own risk” and after I went back in later, I did see that small sign on the far wall. I also saw the maintenance man spraying and oiling the belts on the treadmill the next day after he removed the do not use sign on it.
Melinda did tell me I could speak with Tom the VP the next day about my room issues and fitness center problems. When I came to the desk to get in contact with him, I was told he was gone for the day, but that he had been contacted and someone would get back to me. Before I left on Saturday, Julia told me Melinda would call me know I never received that call, so 10 days later on Tues, Feb 5th; I left another message on Melinda’s phone. Again, no response from my call until 1 message late Friday from Tom, which I received Monday morning when I got to work. I left him a message immediately and several more & still have not received a call. No response or follow through.
Very disappointed in my stay there.
We paid a premium rate the week of Sundance for our 3 bedroom condominium, way too much to have so many problems with our room, fitness center and pool area.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
Melinda B, General Manager at Silver King Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2013

I'm sorry for the issues you encountered while staying with us. I understand your frustrations. I tried my best to get the Ipad situation worked out. We spoke a couple of times and yes there was a lot of phone tag. I'm sorry for that. We contacted our insurance company about the Ipad issue and due to the situation, it was not our place to take care of the cost for the damages, For the other issues I've been working very close with my housekeeping staff to ensure what you encountered does not happen again. I've hired all new management in the housekeeping department and created new procedures and training. I have personally seen a significant improvement in cleanliness along with many positive reviews and feedback from guests. Again, I apologize for the issues you encountered. My goal is 100% satisfaction and I'm sorry I failed to provide you with that. Thank you for your review.

Reviewed 18 March 2013

So we actually were supposed to be staying at 'The Caledonian' on Main Street, we have been to Park City every year for the past 10 years and always stay somewhere different, we liked the Caledonian and were able to book a great deal on a third party website - booking.com (linked to priceline, because that's who sorted out our problems).
So, we get to the Caledonian - Nov 22nd (sorry it's taken me a long time to get to this review - but I made notes as you will see below) and are told 'we don't have your reservation' ...it was Thanksgiving break... YIKES. Never happened to me before. I call booking.com and they find us an alternate - it took about one and a half hours - Silver King (Listen we got a great online deal - $566 for 4 nights...it seems apparent to me, that we were bumped when the Caledonian realized it could sell it's rooms for much higher...in fact the guy on reception said we were the 2nd party checking in that day that they could not find the reservation for - even though I showed him our confirmation).
We were not charged anymore for the move into a 2 bedroom at Silver King as opposed to a one bedroom at The Caledonian.
Any way...we move to the Silver King.... it's a long story folks, but during our 3rd day there is a hotel flooding and the whole half of the hotel we are staying in has to be moved because water is flowing (they thought from our room - they came in searching the room 4 times!) most of the rooms have hot tubs IN the room - what I liked about Caledonian was the hot tubs were outside on the balcony - I don't love the hot tub inside the room really - but turns out my kids liked it, however, it wasn't our room (I was starting to feel accused of something by maintenance) turned out it was a water pipe break...anyhow...sorry to ramble... we got to see quite a few of the other rooms, as we moved rooms and they are REALLY very different. The room you choose in this resort makes a HUGE difference - here are my notes:

#306 this was our first room, the decor is nice, very cozy leather sofa and chairs, the TV was great but a relatively basic DVD player so you could only watch a DVD or unplug it and switch to cable. 2nd bedroom bathroom had a nice grey shower with stone floor and double glass sliding doors, the furnishings were nice but the whole place is fairly dark,
Both beds had nice upholstered headboards, the master bed linens and comforter needed to be updated though.

#406 fuse ball table, nice decor, not much of a view, high king size bed in the master, nice hot tub with screen

#220 decor is modern, 2 bdrms, no hot tub, very comfortable beds, nice bathrooms, best kitchen of all we saw, lots of light and windows, ground floor... This is the second room we moved to.

#506 Gorgeous, huge living, staircase, 3 bdrms, log cabin bunks in one room, weird Fluor main light in Kitchen, huge sweeping staircase, it for sure has a penthouse feel

#413 decor was nice, great carpet, dining table nook near window.... Great bed linens looked fresh and clean

#410 - outdated lots of Browns - ugly
Old bathroom tile

Hope these notes help.
Would we go back - yes, if we could get room #220 or #506, but if we were in a room like #410 NO WAY.

Room Tip: see my specific notes above
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family

I really enjoyed reading your review. I really appreciate the detailed feedback. Your review will hopefully help many future guests. I'm very sorry for all the inconveniences you faced during your stay with us. It sounds like you got a great tour of our hotel! I hope you come back and stay with us again. Thank you for taking the time to write your review.

Reviewed 7 March 2013

After a mix-up with our room on arrival on a Sunday night, we spoke with Chris and Veronica at the front desk the next morning and they went beyond the call of duty to sort things out for us. This proved the start of a great week at the hotel, with the staff friendly and helpful and our accommodation in room 505 excellent. The hotel is a 3 min walk from the resort centre (ski-hire, ski tickets, restaurants), free shuttle buses stop outside which travel to Deer Valley, downtown, Canyons and to the outlet stores, and, if you are a skier, you go out the back door from the ski storage room and have a 2 min walk across the car park to the First-Time lift for mountain access. We travel a fair bit in the USA coming from Australia and would rate the Silver King as good value for money and the staff as friendly and helpful. Our room was spacious and quiet and the kitchen was well set up. Park City is a great place to ski and if you head this way, the Silver King is highly recommended.

Room Tip: Ask for room 505 or any other room on fifth floor.
1  Thank Carmen D

Thank you for your review! I'm happy to hear what a great experience you had staying with us. I'm very pleased to hear how well my staff took care of you. I hope you come visit us again!

Reviewed 4 March 2013

After reading a few negative reviews on the hotel, I was a litlle apprehensive, but..It was one of the best
lodging experiences that I had in both Utah and Colorado, and considering the cost=priceless!!! Very service oriented, with a perfect location for skiing the Canyons or Deer Valley, few minutes from shops and Main Street courtesy shuttle (free) and a wood burning fireplace, in a loft studio with mountain view. I have friend that stayed at "better" and more expensive properties, and I kind of feel sorry for them!!!! Definitely will be back next season...

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your positive feedback! I'm happy to hear how much you enjoyed staying with us and that you will be returning. See you next season!

Reviewed 27 February 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed here and honestly it doesn't get better than this place. Especially for the money. It was more than we ever expected. First of all, its in a prime spot! We didn't know that it was a 5 min. walk to the Park City Mtn resort. Then when we got there, it was actually even closer, it literally is like a part of the mountain! Right THERE! The hotel itself is nice and clean. The room was AMAZING!!! Room 507 We stayed a premium suite with a queen size bed. The second we walked into the room we were amazed. Definitely not your average hotel room. The room had high ceilings and was big. It has a FULL kitchen, laundry and even a dishwasher. We could have stayed there forever. We went food shopping the first day and got stuff to save on breakfast and lunch. Its so close to the mountain that we could walk back for lunch to our room. It also had a fireplace which they provided a Duraflame log to light it. To get around, the transportation was the best. Not only is it free, but it picks you up right outside the hotel, across the street and takes you anywhere, to the grocery store, to downtown main st to go out and to the other mountain Canyons. We were snowboarding, so those were the only two we could go to. But if you are a skier, you can take it to Deer Valley as well.
On top of everything, the hotel staff was SO nice and helpful. They really were the nicest people. I have NO complaints at all about this place and I can get annoyed very easily with little things. Also, the pool and hot tub were great as well! Always nice to come back after a long day of boarding and go in. It was an amazing vacation and We will definitely be going back there next year! Hope that this review helps when planning you vacation.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Premium suite. But we didn't see the standard suite.
1  Thank LorNj29

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I'm so happy to hear what an amazing experience you had staying with us! Our goal is 100% satisfaction and I'm happy to hear we achieved that. I hope you come and stay with us again!