“Heavenly”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Heavenly”
Reviewed 5 November 2013

My daughter and I were recently treated to a birthday pedicure and facial at the REMEDE spa located in The St. Regis Deer Valley. What a treat it was. Hearing my 13 year old daughter say she felt like a princess, when Lana brought us sparkling juice before Stacy gave her a beautiful and colorful pedicure, was music to my ears.
My facial was exquisite. Christiana has the hands of an angel. Every motion was delicate yet deliberate, fluid and so symmetrical. The warmth and relaxation, not to mention the clean skin, this facial gave me was truly a touch of heaven.
Lunch was also a special treat. We ate in the bar in order to see the snow fall on the gorgeous mountains right outside our window. The food was excellent and Ian, the bartender, was a gracious host who continued the royal treatment.
I cant thank them enough for the special care and attention they paid to us. We will never forget our special mother/daughter birthday time we had together.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Amanda H, Guest Relations Manager at The St. Regis Deer Valley, responded to this review, 11 November 2013
p w,

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Remede Spa and St . Regis Bar! This sounds truly amazing and Lana, Christiana, and Ian will be so happy to hear they made your time with us truly magical. We hope this becomes a yearly treat for you and your daughter to escape for a day!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (176)
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed 3 November 2013

This is a beautiful hotel with perfectly-executed service set amidst a location of staggering beauty. I was there on a business trip and wish it had been longer. I was fortunate enough to be booked into a two-room suite. The front room had a full kitchen (which, though smaller, was nicer than my own), a dining area, a sitting/TV area, a balcony, a bathroom, and a fireplace. The second room housed the king-sized bed, another sitting area, another fireplace and a bathroom with a soaking tub and a rainfall shower. Really, really nice.

On top of that, the service was impeccable. Every request was met promptly by a professional and unfailingly polite staff. An example? I arrived from the East Coast too early for my room. So, I gave them my bag right there at the front desk and they took my cell number. When the room was ready, I received a message, I stopped by for my key, and found my bag already in my room.

The food at the St. Regis was also outstanding. Every meal was delicious.

If you're up for some recreation, you can choose between the pool, the excellent exercise room, the hiking trails that snake up the mountain, and the spa.

My only criticism, and this should come as no surprise, is that it's horrifically expensive. Of course, you're at a five-star hotel in an exclusive ski community, so this should come as no surprise. But you don't eat for less than $50 a person and, unless you have car, that's your only choice.

All that said, I'd love to go back in winter, even though I'm don't ski. I'll bet it's even more wonderful.

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side have some of the better views.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Rabbit43,

Thank you so much for your glowing review. We are so happy that you enjoyed your room and that we were able to provide excellent service during your early arrival. There are so many fun activities in Deer Valley, and if you ever want to go into town to explore the other great restaurants Park City has to offer, we have complimentary shuttles that will drop you off on Main Street! Thank you again.
Silver Spring, Maryland
Reviewed 29 October 2013

Stayed at this hotel during a recent conference at which I was making a presentation. I can't say enough good things. Besides the beautiful location, the hotel made everything easy for a stressed business traveler. The room was beautifully appointed, large, clean and met every possible need. The staff were friendly and helpful. Room service was prompt and the food was good. I travel a lot for business and wish every hotel stay was as blissful as this.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 28 October 2013

This place is magical... We decided to take a quick trip to park city for a family trip. We have never been here before as a family and had some spg suite nights to use up. When we arrived (you come in different than where you leave) we were greeted and asked if we needed anything before we rode to the Funicular up the mountain to the hotel my son loved every minute of it. Once in the hotel you have to make your way to the front desk which is located 1 level down. When we were checked in we were treated like royalty... They gave us a room with a Butler named Thomas who engaged our 2 year old who loved and they made sure that our room had everything we needed since our son has milk allergy.

The suite they gave us had a great view of the waterfall, cozy fireplaces and even a little bed just for our son. There was no detail too small. They even found a robe for our son that was his size which he loved. It was great time to spend with family we even used the kitchen that was located in the suite.

We used the outdoor pool on a cool september day and it was great. Its the little touches that make the St. Regis great like s'mores by the fire at night...

It is pretty amazing how much detail they tried to provide each guest even with 2 weddings going on that weekend we hardly even noticed. You also have to try the restaurant (it is kid friendly and nice all in one) it is fantastic, but that is a whole different review.

Stay here they will spoil you... Even as we were leaving they made sure my son had a St. Regis stuffed dog to take home with him

Room Tip: Higher floors give you a great view... I doubt there is a bad room.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Carlisle, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 23 October 2013

this is one of the finest destinations, amazingly beautiful craftsmen style hotel at the base of a beautiful mountain, fine restaurant with amazing wine list!!, we attended at the low season, my wife LOVED the spa and had 'the best massage ever..'. attentive courteous staff, beautiful rooms with gorgeous bathrooms and amazing views, we MUST return, the historic town is close with great shopping and dining

Room Tip: pay the additional for a higher floor and for a suite, you will be thankful
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Wild Western Wyoming
Reviewed 22 October 2013

Starting with the valet at the base of the funicular, the staff was accommodating and friendly. The ride up to the hotel was fun and unique. Once inside the very spacious hotel, the route to the front desk did get a little convoluted and required a trip down a few flights of stairs, but exploring the hotel wasn't too much of a hardship!
The check in was easy (valet had called ahead, evidently!), and the butler was personable and fun. The room was gorgeous (room 101 on the first floor) and well appointed, and the view was of a ski slope, where we watched a herd of deer grazing at sundown. Nice!
The on site bar and restaurant were great, and the spa were all top notch, beautiful and clean.
One thing to consider; this is a pet friendly hotel where pets are welcome in every room. The horribly yappy dog in the room next to ours that barked every time it heard a noise not withstanding. Don't be reticent to complain.

Room Tip: Ask to be put in an area without pets if you aren't traveling with one.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Amanda H, Guest Relations Manager at The St. Regis Deer Valley, responded to this review, 24 October 2013
DDLee10,

Thank you for your review. It is always such a treat to see the wildlife in our backyard! You are right- we love pets, but please do not hesitate to ask us how we might make you more comfortable in a new room away from noise.
Spartanburg, SC
Reviewed 22 October 2013

We recently spent a weekend as two couples at the St. Regis for a get-away during low-season. We found that the property has many great features, and a few minor drawbacks. First, we were curious prior to arrival as to how the hotel is accessed via its private train, and whether we would have to schlep our luggage into a funicular. This is a non-issue. Your car is driven up to the hotel while you take the train ride up. The train is just to prevent you from driving your car around in the gated community where the hotel is located. You are allowed to leave the hotel in your car.

When you arrive at the hotel in the tram, you are actually at the back, near the bar and restaurant entrance. You must then wind your way through the hotel and down several floors to reach the lobby. The hotel is laid out in an unusual mutli-floor layout, apparently to be more convenient for skiers. We found ourselves getting lost and turned around even after several days here. While it’s confusing, the public areas are graceful and very attractive. There are multiple outdoor porches with burning fireplaces, and numerous indoor seating areas to relax.

First, the property’s strengths. We loved the restaurant and bar, having several dinners here including a tasting menu in the wine cellar. The cuisine of Chef Baird and wine selection is superb, if pricey. We attended the wine sabering at the bar two nights, and enjoyed the spectacle as well as the good mixed drinks from the attentive bar-tender staff. We also loved the fitness center. It’s the nicest we’ve ever used at a resort, spacious and well-equipped. My wife had a massage in the spa and raved about it, saying it was one of the best treatments she’s ever had. Overall, the staff is attentive and tries hard to please. We received great service at our tasting dinner from the sommelier Johnny.

Now, as to the shortcomings. Even though the hotel was nearly empty and we arrived right at normal check-in time, we were given two rooms on the back of the hotel with a view of the service area and the concrete retaining walls at the back. The hotel is perched high on a promontory and many of the rooms have great views down the valley. Why were we put here? In any case, the rooms themselves were nicely appointed and very comfortable. Our room had a full kitchen and nice seating area with gas fireplace, as well as a fireplace in the bedroom. We especially loved the bathroom mirror that transformed into a flat-screen tv.

A second, larger disappointment stemmed from the hotel’s “butler” service. Frankly, I’m not sure who needs a butler in the 21st century. Nevertheless, my wife and I had reserved a suite for our stay since we wanted to stretch out a bit, and it apparently came with a butler, and free “butler service” coffee in the morning. Our traveling partners had reserved a normal room. Sure enough, when we showed up in the lobby a nattily dressed man with an English accent jumped in the elevator with our group and informed us that he was our butler. His business card stated that he was the head butler for all St Regis hotels in the USA. Stopping on the 5th floor, he waved off our friends and told them their room was “that way.” My wife and I were more than a little embarrassed, especially since our travel companions are far more refined and closer to meriting a butler than we will ever be. He then marched us down to our suite as our friends gave us a quizzical look. Despite his impeccable training, butler-man failed to notice that our suite had no robes (needed to go down to the hot-tubs), that the living room phone was inoperative, or that the water ran brown from the taps for the first few moments (probably because the room had been unoccupied for a long time.) In a somewhat comic manner, he gestured out the windows at the back parking lot and retaining wall and said, “Look, you have a mountain view.” He then disappeared, never to be seen or heard from again.

I tried several times to use butler service by pushing the “butler” button on the phone. In the morning, I called and asked for coffee for our suite. The man on the other end of the line told me that complimentary coffee was served in the lobby, and I should go there. When I asked for it to be delivered, he connected me with room service, who brought it up and charged me for it (the bill was corrected at check-out.) The next day, I rang the butler line at noon and asked for help changing our dinner reservation that evening. I left my cell phone number and was informed that someone would call me back. When I hadn’t heard from anyone by 3 pm, I called the restaurant directly and worked it out. Towards the end of our stay, I realized that the “butler” phone line actually just rang the front desk. All in all, the butler service was more of an annoyance than a convenience. Perhaps it actually serves some function during the busy ski season. For us, it didn’t work.

All things considered, we’d stay at the St. Regis again. We loved the food, amenities and staff. The butler, not so much.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Southernstyle7
Southernstyle7,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review of your experience. We’re happy that you enjoyed the property including the tasting menu at J&G Grill and your hotel suite. I am disappointed to hear about your experiences with Butler Services, as this is not the St. Regis signature service that we expect at our property. I hope that you’ll reach out to me to speak further about your stay with us, in hopes that we can improve for your next visit. I will personally message you with my contact information. Thank you again for your feedback.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Park City
The Chateaux Deer Valley
The Chateaux Deer Valley
#5 of 60 in Park City
Hotel Park City, Autograph Collection

Been to The St. Regis Deer Valley? Share your experiences!