“Excellent Service- Craig is the best!”
Review of The Caledonian

The Caledonian
Wayne, Pennsylvania
“Excellent Service- Craig is the best!”
Reviewed 21 August 2014

I had a wonderful experience! Craig (operations manager) was friendly, knowledgeable and professional. He went out of his way to ensure a very important package was delivered asap, he even went to the Post Office personally to retrieve it! That kind of personal attention is hard to come by, and is enough to gain my loyalty in the future :)
Great Job!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
Gary G, General Manager at The Caledonian, responded to this review, 25 August 2014
Thank you for your outstanding comments about Your most recent stay. I was pleased to hear that Craig took such great care of you during your stay. I will make sure to pass along your comments to him.

Thanks again, and we look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Park City.

Gary M.Gregg, GM

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed 9 June 2014

My brother and new sister in law were married near The Caledonian last week and stayed at the hotel the night before and the night of their wedding. I, myself, was not a guest but called Eric several times to arrange for the wedding night suite to be decorated for the bride and groom. He was amazingly helpful and offered that I could drop off all the decorations and he would take care of the setup. I was a little worried that he might not decorate the way that I would but I need not have worried at all. When i walked in and saw what he did i was brought to tears. Thank you so much for making that night special for two people who are very special to me. You really went above and beyond and I couldn't have been more thrilled with how it all turned out.
Not to mention, there was a problem with the A/C in the unit and when Eric determined it couldn't be repaired during their stay, he offered a new room with a functioning A/C and several other perks that I know my brother and sister in law were very happy with. They are already planning to spend their first anniversary at The Calendonia. Highly recommend it to all and I hope Eric is there to make your stay as memorable as ours was.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Craig B, Manager at The Caledonian, responded to this review, 25 May 2017
We take any chance we get to go above and beyond for our guest. We are happy we were able to assist you with decorating the room for the bride and groom. Very rarely do we see issues with our A/C units but when we do our goal is to make our guest comfortable and have alternative solutions for them. Thank you for taking the time to write this review and we hope to see the bride and groom for many more aniversaries.
Layton, Utah
Reviewed 13 May 2014

My hubby surprised me with a trip to the lovely Caledonian this past week. We spent two nights in a one bedroom condo (room 206). Eric greeted us in the lobby and provided us with information about the "goings on" in Park City. It is off season so, there weren't a lot of "goings on" to be had. Anyway, we learned that the Caledonian no longer uses swipe cards. Instead, they're entirely code based (the door to the unit, the parking and even the elevator). His suggestion was to take a photo with our camera so that we'd always have the needed codes with us (a stellar idea, by the way).

My hubby booked the room blindly with only a few photos of their sister property (Silver King?) to see for examples. I've always loved surprises and this was a treat indeed! Our one bedroom condo was fit for a king and queen; granite counter tops, completely stocked kitchen, hot tub on the deck, flat screen tvs in the living and bonus room, fire place, dual sinks in the master bath, a jetted tub and killer views. We also discovered that there was a Murphy bed in the living room and our sofa in the master bedroom was a sofa sleeper. Amazing! (We are mentally planning to come back with a small posse in tow for our next visit.)

The location boasts a few businesses inside, including a real estate agency, a retail shop, an art gallery and Butcher's restaurant. There is no pool or gym available. (If you don't mind driving, head over to the Basin Recreation Center in Kimball Junction for your workout. The day pass is $6.00 and you can use it all day.) Across the street from the Caledonian, you'll find more restaurants and shops to peruse (even during the off season). Our favorite place to eat was Reye's Adobe. They offered daily specials and $5.00 Margaritas. I can only imagine how amazing this place is during the ski season. We loved it even during the spring.

Room Tip: Take a picture of your codes with your cell phone. Three different codes to try and remember during...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Craig B, Manager at The Caledonian, responded to this review, 25 May 2017
What an awesome surprise from your husband and we hope you enjoyed your time at The Caledonian. Unit 206 is a fun 1 bedroom unit with a great view. Even during our slow seasons in Park City, there is always something to do. We are always suggesting activities to our guest as we want them to take advantage of everything Park City has to offer. The Park City summer activities are starting this weekend. There is the Park City Silly Market just right outside our door on Main Street and the Deer Valley concerts just to name a few.
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 28 March 2014

Great location, beautiful accommodations with private hot tubs and a nice view. Friendly, very helpful and accommodating front desk staff. Prompt, complimentary shuttle service. Housekeeping staff friendly and efficient. Walking distances to many shops and restaurants. Ski in/out to Park City Hill with convenient ski storage. Fantastic stay for our family.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Craig B, Manager at The Caledonian, responded to this review, 25 May 2017
We are happy to hear that your family had a fantastic stay. The Town Lift is just right outside The Caledonian's door and makes it ski in/out. We have a goal to make your experience stress free and the lobby ski locker makes your stay that much more convenient. Also, note the Town Lift runs during our summer season for scenic rides and hiking access. Come see us again soon!
Hoboken, New Jersey
Reviewed 18 March 2014

Perfect location on Main Street, ski in ski out, spacious, we'll appointed, clean with an awesome staff attentive staff. Hot tub on the balcony!! We stayed here for our family spring break vacation and everyone loved it.

Room Tip: 2 bedroom has a large living room
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Craig B, Manager at The Caledonian, responded to this review, 25 May 2017
We are happy to hear that your family loved your spring break vacation. We also have a bunch of summer activities starting this weekend and hope to see you then. We would be happy to have you back.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 22 February 2014

I rented a two bedroom, two bathroom condo on February 8, 2014. The location is perfect - on Main Street, Town Lift is 30 yards outside the building, and close to all the shops and restaurants on Main. Hottub overlooking Main Street was fun.

Eric the manager and his staff are excellent, hard working, and definitely want to make sure you are happy. We had a great stay here.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Craig B, Manager at The Caledonian, responded to this review, 25 May 2017
Thank you so much for the positive review. I will be sure to let my staff know that they have been recognized in your review. Our goal at The Caledonian is for you to create experiences while we take care of all the details. Thanks again Aaron!
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 11 February 2014

Overall, I had an okay experience at the Caledonian – my group and I stayed in room 202.

HUGE CON – Dirty. 1) There was a chunk of hair when we pulled out the sofa bed – the sheets were still on it from the last guest which shows me from the hair chunk that the sheets hadn’t been washed. 2) When I raised the blinds in the main living room, there was a huge chunk of blue gum underneath the bottom shade. 3) This is more of a personal pet peeve, however, the toilet plunger was left uncovered in plain site next to the washer/dryer. This something that for sanitation purposes should remain covered and concealed in a closet.

PRO – Location location location! Right off the main street. Bathroom showers were brand new. Smart TV.

With the cons, it wasn’t worth the $1200 I spent staying there three nights – I’ll probably look at the Marriott option right next to the Caledonian. I won’t be staying here again.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank alexandra s
Eric A, General Manager at The Caledonian, responded to this review, 13 February 2014
Let me first thank you for staying with us at the Caledonian. I was shocked when I opened Trip Advisor and read your review this morning. It is not common that our housekeeping staff would miss changing the sheets on the sofa sleeper in the condominium. We employ an excellent cleaning staff that prides themselves in the work that they do. I will follow up and renew my diligence in ensuring that the condo is clean and ready for our future guests.
I also am appalled that you didn't contact the front desk immediately when you realized there was a problem. I don't care what time of night it is, we will fix any and all of your issues.
I always go back to letting people know that they should contact the front desk if there is anything that isn't perfect in the room. How can I help you if the first time I hear about a problem is when I read it in online? Please next time at least give the hotel a chance to make it right before you badmouth them unnecessarily. If you do decide to come back, call me because I will make it right and worth your while.
Travellers also viewed these Park City hotels
The Chateaux Deer Valley
#8 of 60 in Park City
Washington School House Hotel
Hotel Park City, Autograph Collection

Been to The Caledonian? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about The Caledonian

Property: The Caledonian
Address: 751 Main St, Park City, UT 84060-5103
Region: United States > Utah > Wasatch Range > Park City
Bar / Lounge Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Restaurant Shuttle Bus service Ski-In / Ski-Out Suites
Ranked #5 of 68 Speciality Lodging in Park City
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): £££
Hotel Class:3.5 star — The Caledonian 3.5*

Ideally located on Park City's Historic Main Street - and directly beside the landmark Town chairlift that services Park City Mountain Resort - this legendary mountain retreat is second-to-none in luxury offerings and boasts some of the most decadent vacationing and entertaining spaces in the area.

Guests may choose from 1-, 2-, and 3-bedroom condos with fully-furnished kitchens, private balcony hot tubs, large fireplaces, and spacious floor plans ranging from 1000 square feet to 2700 square feet. Stepping outside, guests will find all of the famous boutiques, restaurants, galleries, and nightlife of Park City at our doorstep - with Butcher's Chop House conveniently located on The Caledonian's ground floor, and Kristauf's Martini Bar next

Of course, complimentary shuttle service is offered to both Deer Valley Resort and Canyons Resort as well as many other local destinations, and our concierge is standing by to provide any additional services you may require during your stay.

... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Caledonian reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
The Caledonian Hotel Park City