“Great Lunch at Daly's”

Montage Deer Valley
Ranked #3 of 60 Hotels in Park City
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 26 December 2011

We had a party of seven people and our lunch was terrific. Try the Pretzel Fondue a great way to start off your lunch. Next I had a the Hearts of Romaine salad which was fresh , cold and crisp and I also enjoyed my sandwhich.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business

Reviewed 21 December 2011

OVERALL - I had a great experience for my first visit to Montage Deer Valley. My review is based upon staying overnight as a guest with family.

SERVICE - The service was great from the moment we pulled up in our vehicle until the time we checked out. The staff was friendly and helpful.

OUR ROOM - Incredible room. I thought the rooms and bathrooms were very nice. Our room was on on the 600 level, poolside. I thought our room was well-located in relation to the outdoor pool and the hot tubs. In addition, we were a very short walk to what I call the "Smore Station" - an area setup to make smores each day at 5pm.

The PAINTBOX - it is a child recreation place where kids go to participate in a variety of activities while their parents attend adult functions. I had the opportunity to stay and play with my nephews for a few hours. Fun place with friendly staff who did a great job keeping the kiddos busy with dinner and a variety of activities including: arts and crafts, computer activities, and a movie. My nephews got to take home what they made and/or decorated. I would recommend this place to anyone bringing their kids with them to Montage.

VALUE - I'm a believer in the adage - you get what you pay for and sometimes more. Getting more was true in this case since I was a guest. I'm sure staying and paying would not change my view of Montage Deer Valley as long as my experience was similar to this one.

I would stay here again. Great place, great staff and beautiful scenery.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 December 2011

I stayed here for opening weekend for the ski season at Deer Valley. It was an amazing resort! The service was prompt and friendly. Two things went amiss during my stay and both were handled quickly and professionally. The gym, pool and spa were amazing. I took one of the included yoga classes and ended up the only person in the class so I had the fortunate experience of a private yoga class with an extremely knowledgeable and intuitive teacher.

The room was spacious and beautiful! The remote for the tv controls everything in the room-the fireplace, the lights and of course the tv.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 December 2011

Is there any other hotel in Park City. From the minute you drive up, this property will take your breath away. It is at the top of the mountain just past Stein Erickson (last update has to have been in the 70's), there is a new Sheriff in town!!

There is a reason why you will spend a nice amount and walk away smiling. The place is simply beautiful! My favorite aspects of the hotel is the spa, my massage was wonderful and the women's lounge was extremely nice. (Some resort spas try to skimp on space and the little details, as this Spa spared none) You can actually do laps in the indoor pool, it is not standard hotel "kiddie" size. The rooms are very nice as well, heated bathrooms and great decor.

I dined at Apex for lunch, which was nice but it is very conservative similar to a club lounge. I preferred to drive 10 minutes or so into the heart of Park City to dine and shop, more modern and trendy options.

Overall the service I received was impeccable. Unlike a previous reveiw I did recieve a "tour" of the room and amenities. Everyone is extremely attentive!!!

Room Tip: I went in the off season but I hear you should watch out for the lower level rooms during ski season...
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 November 2011

Excellent rooms, massive bath and luxurious amenities. Service on par with the best we've experienced anywhere in the world. Fantastic spa experience - only minor negative was the 20% gratuity that is forced on you. Will be back for sure!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 November 2011

We booked the Montage as our "home base" to attend the UCLA/Utah football game. Thank Goodness! The game was a blowout in every way (UCLA got smoked and the weather was miserable). Instead we ended up "stranded" in beautiful Park City/Deer Valley for the weekend.

The rooms were absolutely perfect (heated bathroom floors, 1,000+ count sheets, roomy design, walk in closet, huge rain shower, etc., etc.). The hotel is fabulously designed. Tartan plaid carpets and other gorgeous designs are classic "Montage Design" inspired. If you have stayed at the Laguna or BH Montage, you will immediately recognize the attention to detail.

4pm fire pit with delicious hot chocolate and smore's (6 different gourmet marshmellows to choose). Downstairs game room/restaurant (bowling, pool, shuffle board, wii games, and 8 "old school" arcade games with galaga and mrs. pacman). Dinner in Apex was nice (although singer was WAYYYYY too loud. Thank goodness he is highly skilled. He should be playing on the 6th floor lounge only).

The fitness center is the best of any hotel I have visited. The 6th floor offers a huge family room to read, sit by the fire, play games, play the piano, etc. the pool and jacuzzi are available for those looking for adventure on a cold winter's day. In season, I imagine the 6th floor attracts 100+ people.

The alcohol policy in Utah takes some time to understand. When we ordered a dreaded 2nd drink during a late night bowling extravaganza, we were told we would have to order something to eat first (we had just come from dinner and were stuffed).

The service was spectacular in almost every regard. My only complaint was that in their zeal to create the ultimate dining experience, they cannot stand to see a plate that is not being eaten from at this very moment. When someone tells you they are "still working on it", please back off from attempting to remove my plate containing a single egg whilst my husband finished his huge plate of pancakes.

While we were "stranded" everyone had fantastic ideas for things to do and where to eat in Park City. The shuttle was critical and we loved the stories of the shuttle driver (Was a moose really discovered in the Olympic Bobsled Run?).

I cannot think of a better place to stay in Park City/Deer Valley. We viewed many of the other 5* lodgings....The Montage is the best by FAR.

When we left, we were presented with Montage baseball caps and waters. A perfect ending to a perfect long weekend.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank TravelOpportunist
Reviewed 16 November 2011

My husband and I just returned from the Montage, where we enjoyed a quick 4-day getaway (we live in San Diego, so it's an easy trip for us). We've been fortunate to stay at many 5-diamond resorts around the world - so I'm potentially being a bit nitpicky, but since this is a review site I'm giving my unvarnished opinion.

Overall, the resort is beautifully appointed with a very warm, welcoming and accommodating staff. I think we had an Alpine Suite....I can't remember, but it was approx 1200 sq ft, 2 fireplaces, master bath and full guest bath, bar, separate living room, dressing area, with beautiful mountain views. It was warm, homey and inviting. Being non-skiiers, we went during off-season and had the resort essentially all to our selves. We were greeted by name upon arrival and taken to our suite. The Bellman brought our luggage - but didn't provide us with a tour of our room, outlining the basics of how to use the television, heat control, fireplace, etc., which is odd. That seems pretty standard.

The food leaves quite a bit to be desired in terms of quality and selection. I had a "veggie burger" in the pub restaurant, and I'm not joking....it was literally an oil fried patty of rice (about 1 cup) with approximately 2 tablespoons of finely diced mushrooms sprinkled in? We opted instead, to go into town each evening for dinner - and as sushi lovers, went to "Oishi" a few times & loved it. Apex was ok, but had a very limited selection and wasn't that exciting. They are putting a sushi bar in the next 6 months, which may offer a hipper, cooler alternative.

Turn down service was fine, but not at a 5-diamond level. I know this is being finicky, but they didn't turn down our sheets. The bed was left fully made, and they didn't place chocolates next to the nightstand - they were on a random table in our room. I just happened to find them the next morning. It was also inconsistent. One night they turned on the music, the next night they did not.

The gym is well appointed with lots of cardio machines, free weights, machines and a separate Group Exercise room where there are several complimentary classes. The spa was very nice as well - although the women's wet sauna was broken during our stay. Still, the women's (and men's spa) has a cozy seating area with plenty of overstuffed sofa's, chaise lounge's, magazine's, fresh fruit, cucumber water, fluffy blankets and a lovely fireplace. Great to relax and unwind after your services. I had a massage - which was worth every penny.

The staff was very, very accommodating, friendly, helpful and warm. NOTE: We spoke with one of the waiter's who told us that during ski season, the hotel is open to the public so getting a seat at one of the restaurants for lunch is challenging. He said there's normally an hour wait or so. I don't know how accurate this is, but quite frankly - as a hotel guest, do you really want to have to wait that long for lunch - competing for a seat with non-hotel guests? Just something to consider or check-out.

Overall, it was a very nice experience and we will absolutely return again, and recommend it to friends. If you're familiar with 5-diamond resort service, it's not quite to that level - but very enjoyable nonetheless. Have fun!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
MontageDeerValley, Manager at Montage Deer Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2011

Spelly1,

Greetings from Montage Deer Valley…

First of foremost, thank you for taking the time to provide helpful and constructive feedback regarding your recent stay at Montage Deer Valley. While were pleased that overall you enjoyed your time with us, we certainly apologize for the shortcomings you experienced. Please know we take this feedback very seriously and will be following up in each area to ensure that such oversights are not replicated.

In regards to the comment from one of our Associates referring to how popular our restaurants are during season, while we are fortunate that our dining options are regarded so highly, please know we always prioritize in-house guests and such waits as mentioned are not accurate.

Again, many thanks for taking the time to share your experiences and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future to Montage Deer Valley.

In addition, please do not hesitate to contact me directly should you need any assistance in these arrangements.

David Mars