We just came back from our first stay at the Montage Deer Valley, and with the exception of a few kinks that need to be worked out, it was an exceptional experience. Prior to check in the limo driver called the hotel, so we were greeted in the lobby by name and escorted to our room, no standing in line at a desk. The room was beautiful, well appointed with a fireplace, extra robes and slippers, and multiple bottles of water for our use. The property itself is first class, with a gorgeous spa, spacious gym with helpful and knowledgeable staff, and beautiful and cozy sitting areas. There was live music every afternoon and free smores with homemade marshmellows out on the deck.
The ski valets were the nicest part of the trip. We were fitted professionally for our gear, and in the morning a valet put our boots on, and in the afternoon took them off. Who knew we would learn to love being so spoiled? While tipping was expected, it was never pushed, and you felt more than grateful for the first class service.
Breakfast was excellent, although $29 for a buffet breakfast is excessive in anyone's book.
The only disorganized part of the hotel was getting a van into town at dinner time. The vans are free and very clean, driven by exceptionally pleasant drivers, but there did not seem to be any organized process in place for getting on the van, and people got quite upset waiting to be taken to town. Some sort of formal sign up will solve a lot of those problems.
When we left we were handed bottles of water and free Montage hats, a nice touch from a staff that genuinely seemed interested in our pleasure. Overall a great experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Montage Deer Valley, is located in the year-round community of Park City, Utah, is one of North America’s finest mountain resort destinations. Reminiscent of the great mountain lodges of the West, this refined mountain craftsman resort is less than five minutes from Park City’s celebrated Main Street where leisurely strolls reveal an eclectic array of al fresco cafes, local art galleries, gourmet restaurants, and specialty boutiques. With time being the most treasured asset in today’s world, the resort is well positioned just a 40 minute drive from Salt Lake City International Airport (SLC). Resort guests will enjoy a coveted location atop Empire Pass, unrivaled ski-in / ski-out access to North America's No. #1 ski resort, and amazing year-round activities including hiking, biking, golf and fly-fishing. After a day of mountain adventure, guests can retreat to the 35,000 square foot alpine inspired spa offering 29 treatment rooms and an indoor mosaic pool. True to the Montage commitment to culinary expertise, dining rises to an art form at Montage Deer Valley. From the refined indoor settings of Apex and its mountain side terrace to the fun jovial atmosphere of Daly's Pub & Rec, with its very own bowling alley. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Preferred Hotels, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Agoda, Booking.com, Prestigia, Priceline, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Montage Deer Valley reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Montage Deer Valley Hotel Park City
- Montage Deer Valley Park City, Utah