Montage Deer Valley
US$144
US$127
Hyatt Centric Park City(Park City)(Great Value!)
US$237
US$200
The Chateaux Deer Valley(Park City)(Great Value!)
US$194
Sundial Lodge at Canyons Village(Park City)(Great Value!)
US$124
Silver King Hotel(Park City)(Great Value!)
US$124
US$120
Stein Eriksen Lodge Deer Valley(Park City)(Great Value!)
US$311
  • Breakfast included
Park City Marriott(Park City)(Great Value!)
US$208
US$182
  • Pool
Waldorf Astoria Park City(Park City)(Great Value!)
US$369
US$324
  • Pool
Grand Summit Hotel(Park City)(Great Value!)
US$214
US$185
  • Pool
Westgate Park City Resort & Spa(Park City)(Great Value!)
US$333
US$183
All reviewscompass sportsbowling alleyvista loungedaly's pubyama sushideer valleyhomemade marshmallowspeak viewbernese mountain dogsarcade gamesindoor poolheated bathroom floorsrain showerwalk in closetturn down servicefour seasonsbedroom residence
Reviewed 3 January 2012

This was our first stay at Montage. When staying in Deer Valley, we usually stay at Stein Eriksen Lodge. We decided to try someplace new, and booked a room over a the New Year's Long weekend of 2011.

At $1400+/night, the service and rooms need to be spectacular. The room was lovely and first rate, but the service was problematic. On our first afternoon, it took two phone calls and 1.5 hours to get ice. After the first night, I had to call to get our room serviced by late afternoon, and after the cleaning staff left they had not emptied the trash, straightened the desktops, emptied the trash, wiped down bathroom countertops or fixtures, nor replaced used glasses. The bed was nicely made and the tip was gone, so it's clear someone showed up.

The overall feeling is that the staff was undertrained and uninterested, and the hotel is significantly understaffed. Perhaps it was because of the holiday and hotel was extra crowded, but it was difficult to find staff to help with anything.

Overall the staff seemed reasonably competent but not well trained and not service oriented. They answered questions but didn't do anything extra, and gave no impression that they were anxious to make our stay wonderful. Even the concierge seemed distracted while helping for dinner reservations on NY Eve, and when my guest arrived, she was told by the valet that she could probably carry her suitcase by herself, since she only had one. It's true that she could, and in fact preferred to do so, but we had a hard time imagining such a conversation happening down the hill at Stein Eriksen Lodge.

The 6th floor lounge is luxurious and comfortable. The sushi bar was nice, the barkeeps were pleasant, and overall that was the best part of the hotel.

One of the least pleasant things about the stay was that there were so many children. I am not used to seeing many children at luxury hotels, but this hotel caters to families with young children, and on our visit there were many pre-teen children staying at the hotel. The staff made no attempt to keep young children from running and playing in the common areas. Granted, it would have been better for the parents to keep this from happening, but absent that, it would have been nice to have been able to enjoy a drink at the bar without children running and playing nearby.

This is a beautiful hotel, but until it is properly staffed and the staff is properly trained, it will not be worth the expense.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
6  Thank ZebraFrame
Reviewed 29 December 2011

We just came back from our first stay at the Montage Deer Valley, and with the exception of a few kinks that need to be worked out, it was an exceptional experience. Prior to check in the limo driver called the hotel, so we were greeted in the lobby by name and escorted to our room, no standing in line at a desk. The room was beautiful, well appointed with a fireplace, extra robes and slippers, and multiple bottles of water for our use. The property itself is first class, with a gorgeous spa, spacious gym with helpful and knowledgeable staff, and beautiful and cozy sitting areas. There was live music every afternoon and free smores with homemade marshmellows out on the deck.

The ski valets were the nicest part of the trip. We were fitted professionally for our gear, and in the morning a valet put our boots on, and in the afternoon took them off. Who knew we would learn to love being so spoiled? While tipping was expected, it was never pushed, and you felt more than grateful for the first class service.

Breakfast was excellent, although $29 for a buffet breakfast is excessive in anyone's book.

The only disorganized part of the hotel was getting a van into town at dinner time. The vans are free and very clean, driven by exceptionally pleasant drivers, but there did not seem to be any organized process in place for getting on the van, and people got quite upset waiting to be taken to town. Some sort of formal sign up will solve a lot of those problems.

When we left we were handed bottles of water and free Montage hats, a nice touch from a staff that genuinely seemed interested in our pleasure. Overall a great experience.

Room Tip: Avoid the bottom floor if there has been heavy snow, as you will have snow over your window
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 December 2011

This is our second time to stay here. The first was when it opened and it wasn't ready. Service was slow in all depts. Now it's been training staff properly and it shows. Apex restaurant is great, the Great Room has lots of seating options (unlike the Ritz Bachelor Gulch version), and the ski valets have finally been trained and properly staffed. Now all that's left is the details. We needed doorstops for our room. 3 calls and 2 hours later we got them. Daily paper included- never arrives. Made dinner res thru concierge- never heard back. Details, yes, but they matter.
They have the facility to be a 5 star, but they still haven't perfected the training. That's why they're stuck at 4 stars. Maybe next year!

• Stayed: December 2011
1  Thank MikeMerriman
Reviewed 26 December 2011

We had a party of seven people and our lunch was terrific. Try the Pretzel Fondue a great way to start off your lunch. Next I had a the Hearts of Romaine salad which was fresh , cold and crisp and I also enjoyed my sandwhich.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 December 2011

OVERALL - I had a great experience for my first visit to Montage Deer Valley. My review is based upon staying overnight as a guest with family.

SERVICE - The service was great from the moment we pulled up in our vehicle until the time we checked out. The staff was friendly and helpful.

OUR ROOM - Incredible room. I thought the rooms and bathrooms were very nice. Our room was on on the 600 level, poolside. I thought our room was well-located in relation to the outdoor pool and the hot tubs. In addition, we were a very short walk to what I call the "Smore Station" - an area setup to make smores each day at 5pm.

The PAINTBOX - it is a child recreation place where kids go to participate in a variety of activities while their parents attend adult functions. I had the opportunity to stay and play with my nephews for a few hours. Fun place with friendly staff who did a great job keeping the kiddos busy with dinner and a variety of activities including: arts and crafts, computer activities, and a movie. My nephews got to take home what they made and/or decorated. I would recommend this place to anyone bringing their kids with them to Montage.

VALUE - I'm a believer in the adage - you get what you pay for and sometimes more. Getting more was true in this case since I was a guest. I'm sure staying and paying would not change my view of Montage Deer Valley as long as my experience was similar to this one.

I would stay here again. Great place, great staff and beautiful scenery.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family