“Unsurpassed Service in a Gorgeous Setting”

Montage Deer Valley
Ranked #2 of 60 Hotels in Park City
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Ogden, Utah
“Unsurpassed Service in a Gorgeous Setting”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2012

We were "forced" to stay near our home in Utah this year for our family vacation, so we looked for a resort nearby with a picturesque setting, a true spa and generous accommodations. Having stayed at the Ritz Carlton and Stein Erikson Lodges in Park City on other occasions, we opted for the more recently-opened Montage Deer Valley. The three-bedroom "residence" we stayed in was large, comfortable and beautifully appointed, but it was the resort's attentive personnel that was most remarkable.

This staff achieves a higher level of service than we've ever experienced. They happily satisfied our every desire and even surprised us with kindnesses we didn't even know we desired. From the greetings provided by the bell and desk staff, to housekeepers, to the bowling alley attendant and server at the bar, we were graciously served without ever feeling we were inconveniencing anyone.

Given the lavishly-outfitted kitchen in the residence, we had brought some in groceries for breakfasts and lunches, but, alas, we forgot condiments. Room service cheerfully provided them, without additional charge. A building engineer replaced two light-bulbs immediately after being alerted by the attentive housekeeper. The engineer, in turn ordered in an I-pod docking station for the living room after being asked if there was a way to play music in that area. We actually had to be careful what we wished for out loud.

The Spa Montage is nothing short of perfection. It has serene, yet inspiring surroundings with a staff that is delightful, genuinely interested and highly skilled and knowledgeable. We all enjoyed the treatments we received, but our older daughter's prenatal massage was most memorable. After an hour alone with the provider, our son-in-law was invited in for a lesson on how to provide similar therapy over the remainder of her pregnancy.

In short, the standard for excellence in Utah has been set at a new level. The Montage earned our highest praise.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (215)
Laguna Beach, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2012

I just spent five nights at the Montage Deer Valley and had a fantastic time .My daughter had just graduated from college and had a birthday so we were celebrating . Every where we went in the hotel members of the staff were telling her happy birthday and congratulations... We even came back to our room one night to a Happy Birthday Cake and sugar cookies that said congrats grad . The staff is really so great and goes above and beyond in everything they do.
We had a fantastic time and will be back for sure ..

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank storij
Houston, Texas, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2012

My husband and I had a destination wedding in Park City. We by accident, came across the Montage, someone had given us the wrong directions to another resort. However, I am so glad we found the Montage because this is where we had our wedding ceremony. From the time we drove up to the resort we were welcomed by the staff who was very friendly. Our wedding was gorgeous and the Manager was even our witness. Thank you Chris Lawing and your awesome staff.

Room Tip: I could not rate the sleep quality, spa, and breakfast since we did not stay there.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Amy S
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2012

I traveled to the Montage Deer Valley last year but am only now reviewing the property. Where do I start. The service was top-notch throughout the trip. In our close to one-week stay, I can not recall a single error being made by the resort staff. There are two pools on site, one inside and one outside. Both are fantastic and well maintained. The fitness facilities are top notch, and the spa is five star. The town of Park City is only 5-10 mins from the resort and can be accessed by car or the hotel's free roundtrip shuttle service. As the Montage in Deer Valley is relatively new, it is a well kept secret. I cannot recommend this resort highly enough!

Room Tip: Try to get a room facing out towards Park City for optimal views. It is also relatively easy to work...
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Eric L
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2012

My family and I just came back from spending a few days at the Montage Deer Valley. This was actually our fifth time staying there! We just love how easy it is to get there from LA for a quick family getaway... Everyone is always so nice there, they even know what our favorite treats are and they know our kids by name! I was getting ready to post my first review on this property until I read a post from "abcmakes3" and wow! How can anyone post something so awful about people who work so hard to make your stay so enjoyable? Your review sounds as bogus as a $1000 bill. Your friends said, you heard someone say... No ski-in-ski-out? Are you sure you stayed at the Montage??? They have multiple lifts right in their back yard. We stayed there twice over the holidays and they did tell us that this last winter was an exceptionally mild one, but what can anyone do when dealing with Mother Nature? From our experience skiing Deer Valley for years, they are always good at making snow when the weather doesn't cooperate. Seriously, you either got fired from there, or you're someone from the competition who's "sorely disappointed" because these guys are doing something great!

Anyway, on to my review about this property... We are always greeted with a warm welcome back from all the valet guys, every time it's like seeing family again after a long time, then we are swiftly escorted to our room. On one occasion, upon arriving to our room we had some cookies, a cake (it was one of my sons' birthday), and a notecard wishing my son a happy birthday. There was also a big banner on the wall welcoming back all three of my kids. My son loves Monty, a Bernese Mountain dog who's the Montage's mascot. They arranged for Monty to visit our son in our suite on his birthday. Moments like these are what really help a family bond and create memories for our kids that will last a lifetime and we are deeply grateful to everyone who works at this hotel for that.

Like I said before, this place is so easy to get to from LA that my husband and I have "escaped" on several weekends, leaving our kids behind with grandma. This last time was total indulgence. Once you get there, you literally don't want to leave! They have an indoor and an outdoor pools, multiple restaurants, s'mores, etc. My husband and I booked spa treatments everyday of our stay this last weekend. They have trail heads right in the back of the hotel, so you can just go out for a hike/run in this amazing mountain setting. We did a guided mountain biking tour one day, took the lift right outside the hotel, then biked our way down into town. We had some spa appointments at 5pm that afternoon and oh my, was I in Heaven? They eased all the soreness away. We went out and dined at Riverhorse (one of our favorites) that night, perfect way to end our couple's weekend retreat!

To sum things up, this hotel is large yes, but who wants to be cramped together in a "cozy" hotel listening to the guests next door? The employees are genuinely caring and friendly, yet deliver knowledgeable and competent service. The facilities are top notch, very new and everything feels quality. There is a lot to do within the hotel, but if you need to have a "night in the town", the hotel provides very reliable transportation. One visit here and it will become yours and your spouse's favorite getaway!

Room Tip: If you're traveling as a family, I recommend booking a residence.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank JenniLA
Salt Lake City, Utah
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2012

I had a wonderful tour of the hotel by the property's P.R Manager. For a hotel open for such a short time, it is extremely well organized. The vast property still feels intimate with comfy alcoves, dining areas, and sports support. Speaking of sport support, they have absolutely the latest of everything cool, and it all is connected through and extensive wifi eco system, that is continually emerging to bring about the best results.

Room Tip: All rooms are really outstanding, but you enter on the 6th floor, so if you don't like a lot of...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Irvine, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2012

First off, I am a huge fan of the Montage in general. I live close to the original Laguna Beach location and have had the pleasure of going to the spa many times over the years. I never thought I could afford a night there until we stumbled upon the off season rates. They are 10-20% of what you'd pay during peak season. Affordable in May and the service was top notch. When we arrived It was not a typical check in. The valet took our bags, walked is in to pick up a portfolio and we were escorted to our room while being given a tour along the way. We Had a Peak View Suite on the 6th floor. He view of the valley was to die for. Our room was large and comfortable. We enjoyed the quiet property and were treated to a freak snow storm. We couldn't ski but it was exceptionally beautiful. It barely snowed 5 minutes down he hill on Main Street. But the elevation of the Montage got the snow. As a native Californian we wanted to see the Park City area without snow. It's amazing. 6 lane highways leading in from SLC, wide roads with valleys. Nothing like the roads in CA to the mountains. Seems very safe an will come back when it's snow season. We toured Waldof and St Regis while there. And while they were all nice, the Montage was by far the best.

• Stayed May 2012