We were "forced" to stay near our home in Utah this year for our family vacation, so we looked for a resort nearby with a picturesque setting, a true spa and generous accommodations. Having stayed at the Ritz Carlton and Stein Erikson Lodges in Park City on other occasions, we opted for the more recently-opened Montage Deer Valley. The three-bedroom "residence" we stayed in was large, comfortable and beautifully appointed, but it was the resort's attentive personnel that was most remarkable.
This staff achieves a higher level of service than we've ever experienced. They happily satisfied our every desire and even surprised us with kindnesses we didn't even know we desired. From the greetings provided by the bell and desk staff, to housekeepers, to the bowling alley attendant and server at the bar, we were graciously served without ever feeling we were inconveniencing anyone.
Given the lavishly-outfitted kitchen in the residence, we had brought some in groceries for breakfasts and lunches, but, alas, we forgot condiments. Room service cheerfully provided them, without additional charge. A building engineer replaced two light-bulbs immediately after being alerted by the attentive housekeeper. The engineer, in turn ordered in an I-pod docking station for the living room after being asked if there was a way to play music in that area. We actually had to be careful what we wished for out loud.
The Spa Montage is nothing short of perfection. It has serene, yet inspiring surroundings with a staff that is delightful, genuinely interested and highly skilled and knowledgeable. We all enjoyed the treatments we received, but our older daughter's prenatal massage was most memorable. After an hour alone with the provider, our son-in-law was invited in for a lesson on how to provide similar therapy over the remainder of her pregnancy.
In short, the standard for excellence in Utah has been set at a new level. The Montage earned our highest praise.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Montage Deer Valley, is located in the year-round community of Park City, Utah, is one of North America’s finest mountain resort destinations. Reminiscent of the great mountain lodges of the West, this refined mountain craftsman resort is less than five minutes from Park City’s celebrated Main Street where leisurely strolls reveal an eclectic array of al fresco cafes, local art galleries, gourmet restaurants, and specialty boutiques. With time being the most treasured asset in today’s world, the resort is well positioned just a 40 minute drive from Salt Lake City International Airport (SLC). Resort guests will enjoy a coveted location atop Empire Pass, unrivaled ski-in / ski-out access to North America's No. #1 ski resort, and amazing year-round activities including hiking, biking, golf and fly-fishing. After a day of mountain adventure, guests can retreat to the 35,000 square foot alpine inspired spa offering 29 treatment rooms and an indoor mosaic pool. True to the Montage commitment to culinary expertise, dining rises to an art form at Montage Deer Valley. From the refined indoor settings of Apex and its mountain side terrace to the fun jovial atmosphere of Daly's Pub & Rec, with its very own bowling alley. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Agoda, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U. and Evoline ltd so you can book your Montage Deer Valley reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Montage Deer Valley Hotel Park City
- Montage Deer Valley Park City, Utah