This is a beautiful hotel with simply amazing service almost too much amazing service. Everyone has been well trained to see to it that the guests have a wonderful trip and some fun added bonuses especially if traveling with children. During ski season afternoon s'mores and hot chocolate was always a great après ski hit. The photographer snapping fun photos and leaving pics in the room and the wonderful Paintbox children's club resulted in our children asking when we will be back.
Learning curve for us on being our first trip to this hotel. Ski valet upon check in will take all skis and boots. Having a boot bag for each child separated it was a small annoyance to find all bag contents put into one large bag in a locker had to sort everything again. I will keep my boot bag next trip. Also we use sport tubes for our skis, I will repack my tubes at end of next trip sine they were not packed properly and some small items were lost.
Second learning curve, this hotel is a long way away frome everything. If you have children in ski school and pick them up at end of the school all lifts are closed before you can navigate your way back. We would pick them up in Silver Lake after their last hot chocolate break, about an hour early. Depending on age and ski skills of the child it takes about 20 min of skiing in AM to traverse across to ski school drop off.
Finally transportation service is painful. When they say car is 10 min out, we joked that it's a Montage 10 min, which means anywhere from 5 min to 40 min. We will use more private transportation next trip.
As stated while those were minor annoyances the service and quality is so great they offset what ever annoyances there are and we now know how to navigate those issues. We did find it helpful to carry a lot of $5 and $10 bills because everyone is trying so hard to help we found we were always tipping.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Montage Deer Valley, is located in the year-round community of Park City, Utah, is one of North America’s finest mountain resort destinations. Reminiscent of the great mountain lodges of the West, this refined mountain craftsman resort is less than five minutes from Park City’s celebrated Main Street where leisurely strolls reveal an eclectic array of al fresco cafes, local art galleries, gourmet restaurants, and specialty boutiques. With time being the most treasured asset in today’s world, the resort is well positioned just a 40 minute drive from Salt Lake City International Airport (SLC). Resort guests will enjoy a coveted location atop Empire Pass, unrivaled ski-in / ski-out access to North America's No. #1 ski resort, and amazing year-round activities including hiking, biking, golf and fly-fishing. After a day of mountain adventure, guests can retreat to the 35,000 square foot alpine inspired spa offering 29 treatment rooms and an indoor mosaic pool. True to the Montage commitment to culinary expertise, dining rises to an art form at Montage Deer Valley. From the refined indoor settings of Apex and its mountain side terrace to the fun jovial atmosphere of Daly's Pub & Rec, with its very own bowling alley. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Priceline, Prestigia, Preferred Hotels, Booking.com, Agoda, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Montage Deer Valley reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Montage Deer Valley Hotel Park City
- Montage Deer Valley Park City, Utah