“Just Lovely” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
League City, Texas
“Just Lovely”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2014

The location can't be beat! Beautiful scenery! Room was perfect. We enjoyed Burgers and Bourbon for lunch one day. It was fun trying the different cocktails and the food was great. Our dinner at the Apex was not so good. Very expensive and the food was subpar. Breakfast was ok here though pricey. If you want a nice dinner, skip this one and go to Historic Main Street. Tons of places to choose from and it is only a 5 minute drive from the hotel. So overall, I loved this place! Just skip the expensive restaurant.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
MontageDeerValley, Manager at Montage Deer Valley, responded to this review, 8 June 2014
Dear beachloverthatsme:

Thank you for joining us and for taking the time to share your experience with TripAdvisor members. We are absolutely delighted to read that you enjoyed your guest room and the location of our resort at Empire Pass (and just minutes from Main Street Park City). It also was wonderful to read that you enjoyed our newest dining offering - Burgers & Bourbon - for both the excellence of the culinary offering and the work of our great team of bartenders. This feedback will mean a great deal to the team. I'm sorry to hear that you were not equally taken with Apex Restaurant and that information also helps us to prioritize where we can make improvements. I hope the next time you visit Montage Deer Valley, you'll allow us to host you at Apex and let us know if we have made progress to your liking. Again, it is a great honor to have had you as our guest this month and look forward to another opportunity to welcome you back to Park City. Thank you again for sharing your enthusiastic review.

Montage Deer Valley

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (214)
Brighton, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

Many great activities, the spa, pools, hiking, biking, archery, bowling, etc....even in June. Nicer than Bachelor's Gulch. Service levels are top notch in a fantastic setting with excellent facilities.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Steve D
MontageDeerValley, Manager at Montage Deer Valley, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
Dear Steve D:

We very much appreciate your taking the time to share your thoughts about our resort with TripAdvisor members. Many travelers don't realize just how much there is to do in Park City outside of winter, and starting with the Memorial Day Weekend, our town and our resort is alive with activity, as you were very kind to point out. Thank you, also, for your comments about the quality of our property and our exceptional associates. We are passionate about service and when we read reviews like yours, it gives our team valuable recognition and assures us we are on the right track. We look forward to seeing you again in Park City!

Very best wishes,

Berkeley, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2014

My husband and I ended a wonderful week in Park City Utah by visiting the Montage Hotel, Deer Valley, and the casual restaurant there Burgers and Burbon. The restaurant is situated in a magnificent spot within the hotel. It overlooks two chair lifts and lovely bucolic setting. Not your usual burger joint. A warm fire lent a cozy atmosphere, and the setting was that of a lovely mountain chalet. But the food was the biggest and best surprise. My husband and I ordered the Classic burger, a large burger with fabulous tasty meat, tomato , onion, lettuce on a wonderful roll. Delicious cole slaw accompanied the burger. All at a reasonable price, especially considering the ambiance.
We also had their three fries special, sweet potato, regular, and cheese fries. Yummy, all of them. For dessert I couldn't resist the crème brulee, made to perfection. The waiter was most courteous, and our burgers arrived just the way we ordered, medium for me and rare for my husband.
What also impressed us was the fact that Benjamin, the restaurant manager, came over to each table, introduced himself, and asked if we had any special requests. He is French and quite charmant. We also met the hotel manager Dave, who was equally charming and asked how we enjoyed our meal, attention not usually granted in a hotel restaurant. We left feeling like pampered guests.
On our way into the restaurant we peeked into the spa, which has a fabulous view of the mountains above and the valley below. Unfortunately it was closed. Next trip to Park City this spot will definitely be a destination on our first night here, not our last.

1 Thank jblender
MontageDeerValley, Manager at Montage Deer Valley, responded to this review, 26 May 2014
Dear jblender:

It was very nice to meet you on property and thank you for taking the time to share your impressions of our resort with TripAdvisor members. We very much appreciate your glowing review of our newest restaurant, Burgers & Bourbon. Our culinary team is passionate about creating a warm, casual environment in which to showcase the natural setting of Empire Pass and the farmers, foragers and purveyors growing Utah's great bounty. Your review lets us know we are on the right track. Thank you also for acknowledging Benjamin and the associates in Burgers & Bourbon and we very much hope you'll join us again in the future to experience the beauty of Spa Montage!

Yours sincerely,

Orem, Utah
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2014

When I booked my night with the Montage Deer Valley, I knew I was looking at a five-star property, but I had no idea the level of service and customer obsessionI would be enjoying during my stay with my wife.
My wife recently graduated from college, and as a celebration, I wanted to give her a nice weekend. We spent some time considering our options, and I can't say enough about how happy I am with our decision to stay at the Montage.
As I completed the reservation process on hotels.com, I noticed a field for "special requests." While the fine print indicated that they could not guarantee the fulfillment of any requests, I figured it'd be worth a shot. So I asked for the most obscure thing I could think of in that moment: A picture of actor Gary Busey on my nightstand by the bed. Do I have an affinity to be like Mr. Busey? Do I particularly enjoy his work? No and no. But I figured if this really is a five-star property, then Gary Busey would be there, per my request, at least in spirit and photograph, to ensure I had a nice stay.
Weeks passed, and it came time to check in. I'd completely forgotten about my obscure request, but upon entering my room, there he was, in all his glory, sitting on my nightstand in room 155 of the Montage Deer Valley.
So consider this: If you're looking for a solid investment in service and guest obsession, consider the Montage Deer Valley. The chocolates that come with the turn down service are pretty freaking awesome, too.

3 Thank Adam G
MontageDeerValley, Manager at Montage Deer Valley, responded to this review, 21 May 2014
Dear Adam G:

Thank you for 'testing' us and for sharing your experience with TripAdvisor members. Yes, it would be fair to say we are 'obsessed' with guest service and aspire to make each and every experience personal and unique. I will admit that we had never been presented with a guest request that included a framed photo of Gary Busey, but, why not? Thank you also for noting the extraordinary efforts made by our pastry team to present truly beautiful chocolate truffles at turndown. We are grateful you trusted us to help make a memorable weekend for your wife's graduation and hope to have another chance to surpass your expectations one day.

Very best regards,

Sandy, Utah
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2014

My wife and were lucky enough to give the Montage a try the first year they opened and we have been fortunate enough to return twice since then. Our anniversary is in May and that is when we have visited each time. Our experience is a little different than most because we have come each year during "mud season" and there are not a lot of people around. I love the architecture and feel of this hotel, especially inside the public areas. The staff is great. We have spent a lot of time talking to many of them because of the time of year when we visit. The food is great. The setting at the top of Deer Valley is one of the best in Park City. I love just relaxing at this hotel. In fact, this last time I was not feeling well and still enjoyed myself. We are greeted by name at check in and frequently during our stay. They remember it is our anniversary each year and give us an anniversary gift of chocolate with an inscription. I just checked on Google Earth. The Montage is just 15.9 miles as the crow flies from our home in the Salt Lake Valley but is a whole world away in terms of experience. We have stayed at a couple of the world's great hotels. This is one of them. We are fortunate to have a world class hotel so close to us. Go. You will love it.

1 Thank David M
Dear David M:

Thank you for making Montage Deer Valley a tradition for your anniversary and for giving our associates a chance to be a part of it. We appreciate your not only taking the time to join us (three times so far!) but also for taking the time to share your impressions with TripAdvisor members. Your comments about the quality of our resort and our associates ranking with the best in the world are deeply humbling and we're grateful for this extraordinary feedback. That you are from Utah makes these words even more meaningful because we are always striving to make our home state and local neighbors proud to have us in the community. Your comments let us know that we're on the right track and I look forward to sharing this wonderful feedback with all of our associates. We look forward to seeing you again!

Sincerely yours,

New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2014

I was here for a business trip in September and enjoyed a great 3 night stay. It was an awards trip so no conference just good old fashioned fun with co-workers and spouses. We dined in Park City as well as at the Montage and utilized the Spa which was top notch. Unfortunately I did not get to Ski as it was pre season but I can only imagine the magnificence of this place during season. A truly great resort.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
MontageDeerValley, Manager at Montage Deer Valley, responded to this review, 8 May 2014
Dear Chris D:

Thank you again for visiting us in September and for taking the time to share your impressions of the resort with Trip Advisor members. We appreciate your enthusiastic comments about our location, restaurants and Spa Montage. We strive to be a 'truly great resort' and reading your words lets us know that we are on the right track. I will be sharing your review with our team and we very much look forward to welcoming you back to Montage Deer Valley!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

If your looking for a quiet place filled with fun, relaxation, and special treatment. You have come to the right place. The Montage holds all of these factors. With a coffee shop where they create hearts and a spa with quite the massage, to a 5 lane bowling alley, ping pong, archery, Wii, and more. If you have a family, you can guarantee, a one of a kind stay.

Room Tip: Rooms over looking the mountain are very pretty. But over looking the valley is very quiet.