“MDV for 3 years and counting”

Ranked #2 of 60 Hotels in Park City
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Los Angeles, California
“MDV for 3 years and counting”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2014

This is our third summer trip to the Montage Deer Valley and each time I think the service couldn't get any better, it manages to out-do itself. We arranged a trip with friends and their families and the attention to detail by the MDV staff was excellent. Bourbon and Burgers is a great new addition to the dining choices and the spa is off the charts. For the kids, there are two pools (one indoor) that they can enjoy, along with a number of sports programs of which to choose. We used their Paintbox service and our daughter and her friends had a great time in that program. It allowed the adults to enjoy some time away from the kids to enjoy the hotel and Park City. Knowing that our kids were having fun and being well taken care of made the Paintbox offering even more valuable. It's our third trip to the property and we intend to make it an annual destination for many years to come.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
MontageDeerValley, Manager at Montage Deer Valley, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Dear J M:

Thank you for making a third visit to our resort and for taking the time to share your observations with TripAdvisor members. Reading comments that your experience is taken to new levels each and every year is the most satisfying message we could hope to receive. I will be sharing your comments with our teams in Burgers & Bourbon, Compass Sports and in Paintbox - they will be delighted to know that they are making a difference in the lives of our guests. Thank you again for choosing Montage each year and we very much look forward to welcoming you back in a future season!

Montage Deer Valley

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (215)
Miramar Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

My husband and I travel for pleasure quite a bit. This one takes it. We were upgraded to a King Suite on the 6th floor (632) where it is possible to walk right out of the room to the hot tub and pool as well as having very close access to the main lobby. The facility is absolutely gorgeous in every way. Make sure to get up and watch the sunset off the main lobby. The gym, spa, spa pool and hot tub on level 4 are not to be missed. There is a small lounging terrace adjacent to the pool that is peaceful and wonderful for morning sun. Our suite was huge, well planned, and luxurious. 2 fireplaces! 2 baths, large rooms and a gigantic terrace. The welcome from Andrew was the best ever. He whisked us through checkin to our room and pointed out relevant items. There is so much (or little if you want) to do here......mountain biking, hiking, archery, ping pong, spa, fitness, divenely padded pool chairs with food and beverage service. I loved taking the short lift ride higher up the mountain.....8500' to just over 9300'...so relaxing. This is my favorite place....a blend of over the top luxury and complete casualness. Service was unbelievably quick in answering any need. They also provide on demand transportation (by Mercedes Sprinters) to Park City which is just a few minutes away. Go! Great for a romantic getaway or a place where middle to older kids will love.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a full balcony or terrace. Some are somewhat "sunken" with solid walls...
Dear ndestin:

Thank you for taking the time to share your observations of our resort with TripAdvisor members. We very much appreciate the kind words about our room product, Spa Montage, transportation, speed of service and public spaces. Most of all, we love reading that one of our associates (Andrew) made a meaningful difference in your visit and I will be sharing your comments with him personally. We are especially grateful to read reviews from guests who visit Park City in May and June, as many travelers don't realize that even though the ski lifts are closed, there is so much beauty and great outdoor recreation options (including the scenic chairlift from the hotel doors, as you mentioned). We very much look forward to welcoming you back in a future season.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014

The facilities are gorgeous, classy and tasteful. The setting is awe-inspiring, perched high above town amongst the mountains. And the service - without exception during a six day stay - was flawless. My wife and I - celebrating our anniversary - were greeted by a seamless check-in and an upgrade to a massive, multi-room, multi-balcony corner room suite. Our jaws dropped every time we opened the double doors. A few minutes after settling in, they delivered a spread of chocolate-covered strawberries with "happy anniversary" written on the platter in chocolate. You can imagine we felt pampered and special.

With respect to activities, June might be "off season" for some, but it was heaven for a couple who loves hiking, rafting and yoga in the mountains. Nothing better than coming home after a long walk in the mountains and enjoying the steam room, hot tub, and the largest indoor pool I've ever seen. Dinners were spent in town, where even the best restaurants had great specials and allowed us to bring the nice wines we had purchased on the way up from the airport.

Thanks Montage. We'll be back.

Dear Jerry C:

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about our resort with TripAdvisor members. We set very high standards for guest visits and words like 'flawless' and 'seamless' let us know we are on the right track. I especially appreciate your valuable perspective on the May/June travel period in Park City - it truly is beautiful and there is so much to experience (at extraordinary value). I'm so glad you enjoyed the great restaurants of Main Street and the recreation of Spa Montage and our beautiful surroundings. We hope to see you on a future anniversary (or any time of year)!

Lake Mary fl
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014

Our first visit to Park City and I am so glad we chose the Montage. The other reviews are accurate in that from the moment you arrive concierge is there whenever you need them and all the staff you encounter will remember your name, very impressive. All the staff we encountered were great and the resort is amazing! May was the perfect time for us to visit, skiers are gone and hikers have not arrived yet so we felt like we had the place to ourselves which was perfect. Our room was beautiful and overlooked the lifts and was very roomy. We loved our stay and we will definitely be back!

Room Tip: Choose one overlooking the lift
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Gina H
Dear Gina H:

Thank you for joining us at Montage Deer Valley and for taking the time to share your observations with TripAdvisor members. We very much appreciate your kind words about our concierge team and high service levels as well as the spaciousness of our rooms and views of beautiful Park City. I am especially grateful that you mentioned how beautiful May is in our mountain town. Many people assume that there isn't much reason to visit once the snow has stopped falling and, as you worded so beautifully, May is very much an ideal time to experience the beauty and romance of the Utah mountains and the resort is as active as ever. We would be honored to welcome you back next May or in any month of the year and, again, thank you for your enthusiastic review.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

My family and I visited the Montage Deer Valley this past weekend to celebrate my father's 70th birthday. I was married at the Montage Laguna Beach and was accustomed to the amazing level of service the Montage provides. However, I was pleasantly surprised that the hotel delivers the same level of service for a weekend guest as it does for a bride and groom. I had let the hotel know (specifically Clarissa at the Concierge, who is simply amazing) that we were there to celebrate my father's birthday ahead of time and in return, we received all of the following: 1) they left chocolate covered strawberries in my parents' room upon arrival with a happy birthday note and cookies and milk in my brother's room for my two nieces. We had dinner at Apex the first night and they brought out a simply amazing and beautiful cake after dinner for my father. Upon departure, they left crayons and coloring books for my nieces and a sampling of teas and honey for me. I was at the pool one morning watching my nieces with my sister-in-law and wanted to have breakfast - they delivered my breakfast out to the pool for me so I never had to leave my seat. The staff at the Montage consistently conveys an attitude of "whatever you want" while maintaining sincerity and warmth. I should also note that our suite was one of the most luxurious rooms I've ever stayed in. The bathrooms, bedding and furnishings are absolutely beautiful. I had been concerned that it would be too cold for the kids to use the pool in early June but the pool was heated to 90 degrees and it was absolutely lovely to spend our days by the pool - my niece literally would not get out. I also went to the spa for a massage, which is by far one of the nicest I've experienced, worked out in the gym and took a free pilates mat class. I actually left my sunglasses at the Vista Lounge one evening. I went back to inquire whether they had found them a few hours later on my way to the indoor pool. The bartender told me that she had found them and delivered them to security at which point, I said I would go to security and get them. However, instead, she placed a call to security, hung up and then told me they would be delivered to me at the indoor pool. The wait staff in all of the restaurants are wonderful - accomodating and warm. My sister-in-law thought it was the perfect place to take my nieces (agest 18 months and 3 years old). Even though they were too young for the Paintbox children's program, the pools were fantastic, the concierge arranged a wonderful babysitter one night and they loved the S'mores at night. I highly recommend visiting the Montage in the summer! All in all, our experience at the Montage was probably the best hotel experience I've ever had, and I am already dying to go back.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Priya V
MontageDeerValley, Manager at Montage Deer Valley, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Dear Priya V:

We cannot thank you enough for taking the time to share your comments about our resort with TripAdvisor members. As you probably are aware, Park City is best known for its beautiful winter season as a wonderland for skiers. The truth is that our summer season is genuinely spectacular, both in terms of weather and the abundance of activities and offerings for the entire family. Your enthusiasm for the season was expressed with great passion and sincerity and we really appreciate your perspective and the words you shared.

As a return Montage guest who has enjoyed Montage Laguna Beach, your words mean even more to us, because we aspire to deliver service that is consistent with the highest standards set by our flagship property. Your comments let us know we are on the right track and I will be sharing them with our teams at Spa Montage, APEX Restaurant, Burgers & Bourbon, our S'mores team, Security, the Alpine Pool Deck and, of course, Clarissa at Concierge.

We would very much look forward to welcoming you back to Deer Valley and hope you will be able to experience our newest Montage properties on Maui in Hawaii and in the beautiful Lowcountry of South Carolina in the coming years as well. We are truly honored to have you as a Montage guest.

Park City, Utah
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

Stayed two nights. Ever employee asked what they could do to help. From the parking attendants, the front desk, the pool attendants, the wait staff. We enjoyed the s'mores offered at sunset. Dinner at burgers and bourbon was fun.

Dear Mooseol:

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to share your observations about our resort with TripAdvisor members. We remind our teams that the setting of our property may be why guests first consider a visit, but it is the difference they make with our guests that motivates them to return. Your comments mean so very much to us and I will be sharing them with our teams in valet, at the Alpine Pool Deck and in our restaurants - especially our newest culinary offering, Burgers & Bourbon. Thank you for letting us know that we are on the right track. We look forward to welcoming you back again!

Manchester, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014

Having returned home last week from a business/vacation at the Montage Deer Valley,the experience was terrific.From arrival to departure the staff,accommodations,service and atmosphere was simply outstanding.Ms Haley the guest reception manager made one feel very welcome. The whole experience in Deer Valleyand Park City was very memorable for my wife and I. Looking forward to a return during the winter

Room Tip: All are great
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
MontageDeerValley, Manager at Montage Deer Valley, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Dear mvcoach:

Thank you for joining us at Montage Deer Valley and for taking the time to share your observations with TripAdvisor members. We are truly grateful to read that you enjoyed your visit and that our resort and service levels were so satisfying for you and your wife. I will be sure to share your comments with Ms. Haley and we very much look forward to seeing you again in the winter!