“Great Summer Family Resort Destination.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Montage Deer Valley

Ranked #2 of 60 Hotels in Park City
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
NY
“Great Summer Family Resort Destination.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2014 via mobile

Just spent five nights at this wonderful resort. Travelled with my wife and two sons ages 11&14. We had booked a two bedroom suite peak view for our stay. We arrived early 11am and our room was not ready. The front desk manager upgraded us to a two bedroom residence. The room was amazing. 2500 sq ft two large bedrooms, three full bathrooms, full kitchen and three terraces. WOW. The staff was amazing. Very attentive and responsive to all your needs. A special thank you to the concierge Sam who could not have been better. As well as Becky from Compass Sports who took our family mountain biking for the very first time. We also had the hotel arrange fly fishing with Stony Brook guides. Let's just say one of our best family vacation days ever. The guides Scott and Joe helped us catch 13 fish in four hours on the lower Provo River. The hotel also offers free shuttle service to and from Park City. Great if you want to drink at dinner or Lunch and have no worries about driving. Our only disappointment was breakfast each day at Apex. Service was extremely slow. We got the waiter named Harry on two days very slow and messed up a toasted bagel three times. Outside of that so many things to do and a great resort for families or couples. Def will be back next summer.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank hank66
MontageDeerValley, Manager at Montage Deer Valley, responded to this review, 25 August 2014
Dear hank66:

I want to thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to share your review of our resort with TripAdvisor members. I can't tell you how rewarding it is to read words from a guest saying 'it was one of our best family vacation days ever.' That is exactly what we work for and hearing that we made a difference for you - from Sam at Concierge to Becky at Compass and the awesome guys, Joe and Scott, at Stonybrook fly fishing - well, that just means the world to us. I'm delighted to hear that you enjoyed the accommodations - the Residences are a wonderful place to enjoy a family visit to Park City and summer rates are an extraordinary value. I am sorry to hear that you had delays in APEX and hope we will have an opportunity to welcome you and your family back so that we can provide you with flawless breakfast service. Thank you again and very best wishes to you and yours.

Sincere regards,

Montage Deer Valley

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (214)
Naples, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2014

My family and I had traveled to the Montage Hotel for the second time this summer. It is by far the finest resort we have ever stayed at. The staff from all departments could not have been any more helpful. The Montage Hotel in Deer Valley is a 5 star hotel all of the way. Anything our family needed was at our finger tips 24/7. The reservation Supervisor Daniel Belisle was absolutely wonderful. He made our arrival perfect. He was very professional and understanding to all of our wants and needs. All of the other departments were all so accommodating from Faye in fitness, Allen in Engineering, Francis in Daly's, and Andrew who greeted the guest in the lobby. He always made us feel like we were at home. I wish I could mention everyone's name, but the list would go on and on. Being that we stayed at the resort for 3 weeks, we became friendly with all of the staff members. Eating at the hotel, whether it was for breakfast, lunch or dinner was always a treat. The waiters and waitresses were all impeccable. Jessica who is recently new always greeted our family with a wonderful smile, as well as great service. Anyone who had ever helped our family could not do enough. I commend the resort for hiring the best of the best. My family and I are very much looking forward to another lifetime of memories at the Montage Hotel Deer Valley. Wendy K

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
      Sleep Quality
3 Thank Wendy K
Dear Wendy K:

Thank you for taking the time to share your review of our resort with TripAdvisor members. I will be personally sharing your comments with Daniel, Faye, Allen, Francis, Andrew and Jessica to let them know that they truly make a difference in the lives of our guests. I very much appreciate your recognizing them individually - a very generous and gracious thing to do. Most of all, I am grateful that you felt strongly enough about your experience here to want to share it with others. We strive to provide a memorable and comfortable environment for our guests and your words let us know that we are on the right track. It would be a great privilege to welcome you back to Park City in the months and years ahead.

Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2014

Just spent 5 nights at the Montage Deer Valley. The setting is spectacular with the hotel being built in to side of the mountain. The unobstructed views of the valley from the sixth floor terrace are amazing. The check in experience was quick with a concierge taking you personally to your room and giving you the layout of the property as well as a card with a number to text for any of your requirements. The rooms are very well appointed and spacious. The beds are very comfortable.
I was there for a conference so the meals were served primarily buffet style although we did have one dinner at the Apex. All food was well prepared and service was very good. Highlights included grilled steak and lobster on the buffet and fresh oysters with shrimp and king crab. The s'mores served around the fire pit for dessert were also memorable. Little touches like the valet staff remembering your name and vehicle and the lounge staff remembering your choice of beverage sets this hotel apart from most. Thoroughly enjoyed my stay at the Montage Deer Valley.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
Dear joebftsplk:

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to share your glowing comments about our resort with TripAdvisor members. We appreciate your enthusiastic words about our spacious rooms, beautiful views, signature check in experience and culinary offerings at APEX. Most of all, though, it is your feedback about our guest service - the 'little touches,' as you say - that mean the most to us. We want our guests to know that they are important to us and that each individual guest has unique needs that we can help to meet. We hope to welcome you back to Park City in the future and would be honored to have the opportunity to see you again at Montage Deer Valley.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

My daughter just got married at the Montage, Deer Valley on the Great Lawn and it was spectacular. The staff could not have been nicer; accommodating our every request. My room was 5 star. The bed was 5 star, very comfortable. I want to highly recommend Sarah Aures, the event coordinator. She was calm, collected and very professional, making sure that the nervous bride could relax and be assured that everything would be taken care of. Chef Matt prepared the food for 200 guests at the reception, and although the meal was delayed due to long speeches, the food served was incredible. Highly recommend a stay at this hotel and an event.

Room Tip: all the rooms are outstanding. High level of satisfaction for the guests, no matter what price your...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Roberta S
MontageDeerValley, Manager at Montage Deer Valley, responded to this review, 20 August 2014
Dear Roberta S:

We cannot begin to tell you what a privilege it was to welcome your daughter, her family and friends to a truly unforgettable event here in Park City. Thank you for taking the time to share your review of our hotel with TripAdvisor members and for your words about our comfortable guest rooms, bedding and resort grounds. I will, personally, share your comments with Matt and our banquet team and, of course, with Sarah. Reading that she made a difference in your daughter's day is the most meaningful thing we could hope to hear. We would be honored to welcome everyone back to Deer Valley and hope to continue to play a role in your family's lives in the months and years ahead. Thank you again for trusting us with this most important day.

Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2014

In my opinion, this is definitely not a 5 star resort! The entire reason we came to stay at the Montage was for the view of the valley. What we got was a view of the entrance roundabout for the cars. But let's start at the beginning. Upon entering the lobby (with is nothing special compared to the lobby of The Grand America in SLC) we were greeted by Petric. He showed us up to our room and checked us in. Upon entering the room, there was a pile of rubber sitting on the floor. All of us looked at each other, all thinking the same thing, until Petric says, "Oh, sorry about that. That's just a rubber glove that was left behind by our cleaning staff." 5 star, don't think so! After looking at our view, of course we asked to be moved. Petric said he would check, but I could tell by his demeanor that he would not find us a replacement. After he left, my husband sat on the couch and it was as if someone had just cleaned their hairbrush and left all the hair. The room is a beautiful set up, but cleanliness is an issue, especially if a 5 star. The lampshades all had brown spots splattered on them and had not been dusted in ages. The rug was also full of stains. The light in the makeup mirror was burned out. After this disappointment, we decided to head to the bar for the view of the valley and a cocktail. We were told that all the public areas outside were booked for private parties. After seeing our disappointment again, the cocktail waitress told us we could have a drink and sit outside for about an hour before we would have to leave. So finally we think peace and quiet and a beautiful view. Not so - two young boys came out on the deck and proceeded to play one on one basketball. We could not believe that someone did not tell them that this was not a play area! The food and service at the Bourbon and Burgers was very good, but very expensive The cost for two hamburgers,one order of fries, and two cocktails was $76 before tip. The property is located in a beautiful area, but the service and cleanliness are not up to par for a 5 star property. It is the little things at a 5 star that make it special. The turn down service at night was for one person, not two. Clearly they should know that two people are staying in the room, so why one glass of water, one pair of slippers, one box of chocolates? Also, in the gift shop while I was shopping, a bellmen comes in and tells me he needs cough drops. The woman at the counter cringed when she realized what he had done. I don't have a problem with this, but at least be courteous when you ask! I really wanted to like the Montage because we go to Utah every year. We ended up here because the The Grand America was totally booked. Needless to say, we will not be back!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
8 Thank youwannaknow
Dear youwannaknow:

Thank you for taking the time to share your review with TripAdvisor members. We appreciate your enthusiastic words about our resort’s guest rooms and the quality of our dining. I hope that you will contact me directly prior to your next visit to Utah so that I can guarantee you a flawless stay, including a Vista view room and a meal with our compliments. It is important that every guest we welcome to the resort have a superior experience and we would very much like to have the opportunity to address your concerns. Thank you again.

New York, NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

Was fortunate enough to stay here three nights in May 2014 on business. This is a slow time of year in Park City - not the more well-known ski season. I had a fantastic visit - loved the pool area, the Spa, and just the friendly vibe of the entire staff. Located about an 8 min drive uphill from Main St., it was the perfect location to feel like I was getting away while being easily accessible to the Main Street in town. My room was fantastic with an incredible bathroom and cozy feel. I really loved my stay here and thought it was 5 stars all around.

• Stayed June 2014
      Cleanliness
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
MontageDeerValley, Manager at Montage Deer Valley, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
Dear TravelKix2014:

Thank you for staying with us in May and for taking the time to share your comments with TripAdvisor members. Park City is best known for its winter season, but as you noted, our spring and summer (and fall) seasons are really very beautiful. I'm delighted to read that you enjoyed our Alpine Pool Deck, Spa Montage, our comfortable rooms and baths and our location just minutes from the wonderful historic Main Street. Most of all, though, your comments about our service and the 'friendly vibe' of our associates means the world to us. We would be honored to welcome you back to Park City in the months and years ahead!

Los Angeles California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014

I stayed at the beautiful Montage the first week of August and I have to say, besides it being in the most beautiful location, my experience at this amazing hotel was beyond anything I could have imagined. I wanted to escape LA and this was the perfect place. The attention given to me, even before I arrived, was tremendous. Trish and Marina helped me plan my stay, from dinner reservations, to stand up paddle boarding and zip lining. They were amazing. From the moment I walked through the door, the entire staff at the Montage was so kind and attentive. I especially loved the nightly s'mores served out on the patios. I am already saving for my next trip!!

Room Tip: Rooms that overlook the large grassy area and fire pit are gorgeous
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
      Cleanliness
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
MontageDeerValley, Manager at Montage Deer Valley, responded to this review, 15 August 2014
Dear alysam102271:

Thank you for your superlative review of our resort and for taking the time to share your comments with TripAdvisor members. I am so delighted that we were able to provide you with the ideal getaway from L.A. and thank you for sharing your story about the wonderful summer recreation available here in the mountains. I will be sharing your comments with Trish and Marina to remind them what a true difference they make for our guests. All of us look forward to welcoming you back to Park City!