“Seriously? I can only have "crispy" bacon??”
Review of J&G Grill

J&G Grill
Ranked #31 of 271 Restaurants in Park City
Price range: US$20 - US$50
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: A comfortable yet elegant hideaway – signature Chef Jean-Georges Vongerichten sophistication realized far from home. J&G Grill combines a curated selection of Jean-Georges’ greatest appetizers, side dishes and accompaniments from his portfolio of domestic and international restaurants around the world with the highest quality meats and freshest local fish available in the market. Simply grilled preparations accompanied by bold condiments anchor the J&G Grill dining experience at the St. Regis Deer Valley.
Plover, WI
“Seriously? I can only have "crispy" bacon??”
Reviewed 20 August 2014

We really enjoyed our stay at the St Regis in Park City. The hotel itself & the staff were great but I can't say the same for the J&G Grill. We tried the J&G for breakfast on our first morning at the St Regis. I need to say that the service was very good but the menu choices and food were not equal to the hotel's caliber. The bacon was VERY well done and the waffle was kind of pasty. The omelet consisted of eggs with some zucchini "mandolined" on top. The sides they have available were as follows: Bacon,Turkey or Pork Sausage, Smoked Ham, Home Fries, Cottage Cheese, Tomatoes & Berries. Nothing you wouldn't find at Denny's - only for less than $6 each. At a hotel of this caliber, you'd expect something a little more creative on the side than a pile of tomatoes or berries. What do you need a Chef for?? The breakfast bill for 3 came to over $65, yet we were unimpressed. Because this is the only restaurant on the property for breakfast & you must call for your car & take a funicular ride back up, we chose to try the J&G again on day 2. Knowing that my bacon was way too "crunchy" on day 1, I asked that they cook it so it was chewy. The waiter came back and informed me that "they only cook bacon one way there". WHAT??? I was then served a side of crunchy, overcooked bacon. The server asked us how everything was. As I mentioned, I don't care for overcooked bacon and even he said this "wasn't fair" and that I should be able to get bacon cooked as I like it (as even the aforementioned DENNY'S would do for me!) & he comped the bacon. What an attitude that kitchen has though! When you stay at a resort of this caliber, shouldn't you expect that something simple like "chewy bacon" will be doable? Don't you expect sides that are chef inspired creations and not cottage cheese right out of the container? I think the Chef here needs a good talking to and should maybe watch the Food Network every now and then for inspiration. Again, the wait staff/hosts, etc were fine and frankly, they shouldn't have to deliver this kind of news to the customers. We WOULD stay at this hotel again but we will NOT eat here again unless some changes are made.

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank TRS

Los Angeles, United States
“Beautiful Location, Prepare to Wait”
Reviewed 20 August 2014

Beautiful restaurant. Waitress tried to be attentive, but service was impossibly slow, with about a 40 minute wait for a cheeseburger. Food was better than expected considering the performance of the kitchen. Recommend for a cocktail, perhaps.

• Visited August 2014
Titusville, New Jersey
“so so food, beautiful location and interior”
Reviewed 17 August 2014

for my 50th birthday we chose the J&G. ( after reading some reviews and looking at info about the owners). I hate to report, that we could have done better in the area. The staff was friendly ( and we will leave it at that). The food was served to us out on the beautiful deck ( our table shook and had a wobble which we very nicely asked to have corrected - but it never was), the short ribs were the smallest we had ever seen and they were cooler than we like our food served. the waitress called me " my Dear" about 100 times (even she was about 30 years younger than I am) it was annoying and snotty at best.

Visited August 2014
Newport Beach, California
“Memorable”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Ambiance, service from all whom we came into contact, food and overall experience was outstanding - right down to the car valet at the bottom of the funicular. We will be back! The staff also remembered our anniversary, which made us feel great!

Visited August 2014
1 Thank JohnWayne76
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Great Location”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We came here for lunch and sat outside on the patio. The view was wonderful and it was very peaceful (there was only one other couple by us on the patio). Everyone working there was friendly. The food was good, but considering the price and the reputation I was expecting better. However, we were mostly there for the outdoor eating experience, which didn't disappoint.

• Visited June 2014