“Excellent Trip!”

Ranked #3 of 37 Tours in Park City
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed 28 August 2013

Jerry picked me up at my hotel and we headed to the South Provo for a great afternoon of fishing. Typically I go flyfishing a couple times per year, although I fish "regular" style about once per week so I'm comfortable with a fly rod but it became obvious with Jerry I had quite a bit to learn. Learning new techniques on top of catching several fish made this such a great trip. I couldn't recommend these guys enough....very professional, fun, and they put you on the fish. The ratings don't lie...40+ ratings and all of them 5*!

Reviewed 12 August 2013

While visiting Park City, Utah this past week, my wife and I had the opportunity to try our luck at trout fishing on the Provo River. I've been trout fishing for many years although not experienced with fly fishing. This was the first time fishing for my wife. We were met in a parking area by our guide, Hunter Shotwell. I will say that I was a bit concerned at first as Hunter is a young man and I was afraid that he would be lacking in experience and patience with inexperienced fly fisherman. Boy, was I wrong! After a brief walk, we arrived stream side and Hunter started to brief us on our fishing activity for the afternoon. It soon became apparent that his extensive knowledge of fly fishing equipment, "bugs", trout feeding patterns and the flow of the river far exceeded his young age. Hunter was through in his explanations but not to detailed as to confuse the novice. Having never had a fly fishing rod in her hand, Marsha caught the first fish of the day on her second drift. Then the fun started. In about 15 minutes, she landed a beautiful, 20 " brown trout. We caught about 15 fish for the day. It was a perfect day with our host, Hunter. If your going to try guided fly fishing in Utah, I highly recommend Utah Pro Fly Fishing and guide Hunter Shotwell.

Reviewed 5 August 2013

The family came to town and it took 5 guides to handle 12 fisherpeople ages 12 - 57. We split up on different bends in the river and had a great day. Justin and his mates are engaging, patient, thoughtful and entertaining. And professional. Everyone caught fish. Everyone had a special experience. Even my dog had a blast. Thanks guys!

Reviewed 1 August 2013

Our guides were Steve and Jerry - fantastic guys that were patient with us novices and made us feel like pros by the end of the day. All four of us (two sons, wife and I) caught multiple fish, and learned the basics of casting. It was a beautiful sunny day, and we had a great time. Highly recommended!

Reviewed 25 July 2013

My wife and I were celebrating our 8 year anniversary in Utah up in the mountains. I convinced my wife to give fly fishing a try (she had never done it before) and we both had a great time. Justin made the time so easy for us to just focus on fishing and he took care of everything else. While the day was a lot of fun, I also learned a TON in the process and would have a chance of success in the future if I went out on my own. Who knew that something as simple as the proper 'setting the hook movement' could double the number of fish landed? Thanks for a great trip!

PS. I created a short video of our trip. Check it out here if you are interested: http://animoto.com/play/1iXcVocC8FJnOPaUybIRuA