“Awesome Anniversary Date!”

Utah Pro Fly Fishing
Ranked #3 of 42 Tours in Park City
More attraction details
Owner description: If you are looking for Park City fly fishing guides, let us help! We have been guiding Utah’s rivers for over 15 years. Our professional, passionate guides know the best fishing spots near Park City and Salt Lake City. We cater each of our fly fishing trips to our guests’ skill levels and interests, to ensure you have the best experience possible.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed 5 November 2013

I booked a half day of fishing for the Hubby for our 13th Wedding Anniversary..... Awesome date right?!... I contacted Justin at UPFF because of all the good reviews here on TA. He was great to work with, returning my emails, phone calls and answering any questions that I had. He was easy to work with and very accommodating.
Our fishing guide for the day was Jerry. He met us in Heber right on time and brought all the equipment to outfit us up right. A few minutes later my Hubby was on the river learning to fly fish for the first time… he caught quite a few fish… and loved every minute of it!
I… who doesn’t fish… planned on just taking photos but during the booking process with Justin, he talked me into giving it a try. I’m glad I did! Fly fishing was a lot of fun and I even caught two fish! Thanks to Jerry!
Jerry is a very cool guy… extremely knowledgeable, patient and easy to hang with. We felt that he truly loves his job and loves to fish… he might even be a fish whisperer!... Yah, he’s that good!

1  Thank 4winters
"his knowledge"
in 4 reviews
"an amazing experience"

Reviewed 26 October 2013

All the reviews are true.....Justin, Jerry, and the rest of the crew are great. For folks that have never fly fished before, they were very patient and had us hooking fish left and right in no time. They were great with teens and adults. You can tell they love what they do, and are just good people!

Reviewed 1 October 2013

We booked trips with UPFF last year and had a great time with Jerry on both outings. This year the weather was a little spotty so we waited until the last minute to book our trip this year. We called Justin late Saturday for a Mon morning trip with Jerry if possible. Justin called back in a few minutes and said Jerry was unavailable but he could pick us up Mon at 10AM.

Justin picked us up at our hotel right on time. He asked if we had any preference where to go, we said no. He suggested the Middle Provo which is reported to have 3,000 fish per mile. The first spot we tried was a little crowded so we tried another. Here it looked like the good easily accessible spots were taken. So after a nice hike through the brush and along the river, we found a decent spot to fish. I caught a small trout on the second cast. A few minutes later I caught another and another. After about an hour, I had caught about five and my husband still did not catch anything.

Justin suggested we try another spot. There my husband had the hot hand. He caught nice brown trout (about 16") and was happy.

We took a lunch break and fished some more. By the end of the 1/2 day we both had caught more fish than ever before. What a great time.

(The next day we tried fishing on our own, no guide. We managed to catch a few fish but we had more fun with UPFF).

We booked a second outing with UPFF on Fri. This time we got Jerry. For a change he took us to the Weber River. He said there were not as many fish but they were more wild since they see fewer fisherman.

The weather was on the chilly side. We even had occasional snow showers.

Once again, I caught the first fish. It was huge, about 5 lb whitefish. What a thrill. Then my husband caught a small trout. We stayed there for a few hours catching several more fish.

We broke for lunch. After lunch, we moved to another spot on the Weber. This was an even better spot. We each caught more fish and had some good fighting action with the ones that got away.

You know you caught a lot of fish when you stop taking pictures unless the next fish is larger than the previous ones.

We really enjoyed fishing with UPFF on all 4 of our trips over the past 2 years. We will definitely book with them again when we go back to Park City next year.

Remember their guarantee: No fish, no pay, no kidding. I do not think they have to pay up often, so if you want to catch fish in a beautiful setting, call Utah Pro.

Reviewed 29 September 2013

Extraordinary trip on 9/23/13and 9/24/13. Justin has tons of knowledge and worked very hard to get the fish to hit his fly\'s. Two people who never fly fished, my wife and I got a quick crash course in fly casting and my wife catches one her first cast. We caught 15-20 fish and missed or lost at least that many in a 4 hour trip. The next Day I fished alone with Justin. He found a bunch of 14-18\" brown trout and I caught 20 or more and missed many more. Justin is a hard working and very dedicated guide. 5 stars in my book.

See more reviews
Reviewed 23 September 2013

I got married in Park City September 2013 and were able to arrange some fly fishing trips for our guests with Utah Pro Fly Fishing. The company made the trip a breeze but providing top notch instruction and all equipment needed. The whole group had an amazing time! Though most of us were beginners, each of us caught at least 5 trout during a half day session. The more experienced fly fishermen in the group still got a lot of benefit using the guides, who were all extremely knowledgeable about both flying fishing in general and more specifically about fishing the Provo river and reading water conditions. I would absolutely recommend Utah Pro Fly Fishing to the beginner or expert fisherman who wants to ensure a successful day on the water!