“The perfect first fly fishing experience”

Utah Pro Fly Fishing Tours
Ranked #3 of 37 Tours in Park City
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed 1 May 2014

I had never fly fished, much less fished, period. And I could not have asked for a better person to guide me through the practical parts of the art of fly fishing. Justin was incredibly hands-on, patient and supportive throughout the day. He seemed to know every angle on how to find a spot where there would be fish to catch, when to go where in the water, how to position yourself, when to adjust weights and fly. I feel like I was with an expert. Thank you, Justin. And to anyone even considering doing a day with a guide (and I'd imagine this would apply to a more seasoned fisherman than myself as well), do it with Utah Pro. They will raise you to a higher level. Of course, for me, that wasn't that high because I was a blank slate. But after a single day, I felt like I could go out and do it again, alone maybe, and catch something. That's high praise.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
There are newer reviews for Utah Pro Fly Fishing Tours

Reviewed 24 April 2014

Was looking for other guide options while in Park City and came across Justin's company, Utah Pro Fly Fishing. He seemed like a very knowledgable and friendly guy so my friend and I set up a trip for the next day.

Justin took us to great spot on the lower Provo and even with our different skill levels we both caught a lot of fish.

I was so impressed (and really wanted to fish more) that I called him back the following day to set up another trip. This time my wife and kids tagged along to sit on the shore and watch for a few hours. He wasn't phased by this at all and had some great family friendly spots that were still far enough away from it all but accessible for 2 toddlers. When I hooked my first fish he let my daughter help reel it in. She was thrilled.

Justin's friendly and positive attitude made for a really great guide experience. I will definitely be using Justin from now on when I go to Park City.

Thanks Justin!

Reviewed 24 April 2014

I have fished in many places, with many people, but never have I been with someone who is more passionate about fishing and ensuring his customers have a great day catching fish, than Justin. This was my 5th time out with him, catching several fish every time. I have taken groups varying in size from 2-13, and everyone catches fish. After a beautiful morning of spring fishing on the Provo River, he had a picnic lunch ready to go, riverside, with great conversations and stories to pass the time. He is a great fisherman, but an even better guy! There is none better. Happy fishing.....you wont regret it.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Reviewed 7 April 2014

I can't disagree with any of the other reviews. We decided earlier in the day we wanted to get some fishing in while in Utah and Justin graciously fit us into his schedule with only about two hours' advance notice. He had all of the gear we needed, drinks, and a snack to get us through the afternoon. He quickly found a beautiful section of the Provo to fish and he was extremely patient in helping us work on our rusty casting and setting skills. Oh, and we caught a lot of browns. Really a great experience all around.

Reviewed 1 April 2014

Great fly fishing just 15 min from park city with wonderful guide Justin. We caught 15 brown trout and had loads of fun. The great bird watching was a bonus with bald eagles, osprey, sandhill cranes, and vultures. Great family fun and we appreaciated it just as much as skiing. Justin supplied all equipment and we stayed warm despite snow and wind. Utah pro fly fishing is great!