“Awful in every way”

Price range: US$5 - US$25
Good for: Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 7 March 2014

My husband and I and our adult daughter and boyfriend recently went bowling here midafternoon (pre-prime time) after skiing. If the price we paid for two games each of bowling was not bad enough, the lanes were empty and halfway through three young teenage girls were placed on the lane next to us acting completely inappropriately. Additionally, randomly during our games a "techinician" approaches our lane and proceeds to take it out of work "temporarily". When we inquire what the problem is as we hadn't complained of any problems, he advised he was there to fix the "beeping noise" that we hadn't even noticed. After several minutes of this, we asked could he not wait until we were finished with our second game? The price of the food and drinks, even for a resort area is a joke. When our daughter asked for some extra chips for her hummus, we were advised that there would be a $3.00 charge. Two games were $60.00, with a couple drinks and the hummus the total came to $100.00. All topped off with horrible, rude service. Will not go back.

Reviewed 5 February 2014

Very fun bowling alley that is both adult and kid friendly. The staff was very friendly and attentive. The Resturant within the bowling alley was also very good. They had an interesting menu, I tried the buffalo burger which was excellent. We have been here twice when visiting Park City and both times it was relatively empty. There are not many lanes, but each lane has nice seating areas. It is decorated very trendy. They also have pool tables, and video games, which we didn't play.

Reviewed 11 January 2014

Called for reservations and they told me "because the place was empty I could come in as a walkin". Once we arrived with a party of 15, the Manager gave us a non-welcoming attitude about arriving before our reservations. The place was EMPTY!!! After debating with our group we decided to stay, and had a great day. The food was good, and the waiters were excellent. It's sad to see a place go down because of management attitudes. The key for success is SERVICE, we don't care about the price. $$$ will arrive automatically once you give service. I understand the Manager is just another paid employee and probably woking in a bowling alley is not his life goal, however; if I was the owner and saw a party 15 walk in that could help me save the day, I would greet them with the best possible service. Because the money will come, all you need is service and respect.

Jon S, Owner at Jupiter Bowl, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2014

Hello-
Thank you for taking the time to share the details about your recent visit to Jupiter Bowl. I am always disappointed when I read that someone didn't feel they received value or had a disappointing experience. If you could please provide a few more details of your visit, such as the date and time of your visit to Jupiter Bowl, the name of the manager you feel was rude to you upon your arrival. This information will be helpful in our training as well as improving the business. Providing this information is greatly appreciated.

I would also like to invite you back so that my team and I can improve our image with you.

Please contact me jschoeck@jupiterbowl.com or 435.658.2695 so that we can arrange a mutually agreeable time for you to return.

Thank you and I look forward to hearing from you.

Jon Schoeck
Managing Parnter

Reviewed 4 January 2014

This is a split review, since we were very pleased with the Loft Restaurant at Jupiter Bowl, but disappointed that we were not given truthful information about waiting times for a bowling lane. We didn't want to pay the high price to reserve a lane, but were told that diners at the restaurant would be given priority for the wait list for a bowling lane

We arrived a little after 7:30 on a Saturday night and checked in with the bowling lane receptionist, who gave us a vibrating pager device and said a lane should be available when we finished our dinner at 9:00. The meals at the Loft Restaurant were very good and the menu for a "bowling alley restaurant" was far more interesting than expected. The pork belly appetizer with a caprese salad was a filling meal, and the teenage girls enjoyed their fried chicken and burger. The cocktails and beer selection were also quite good.

Unfortunately, after our dinner was finished around 9:00, there were no lanes available, and although we played games in the arcade for another hour, no lane ever became available and we left. The problem is the seating layout in the lane area, because although at least a quarter of the lanes were empty at all times we were there, they couldn't use them since the seating area was completely full from the bowlers using the remaining lanes.

The specific ratings below are for the Loft Restaurant, although the overall rating of 3 stars is a combined rating for the restaurant and bowling alley experience.

Reviewed 14 December 2013

this bowling place really is a fun environment for all ages. i am not a huge bowler, but the kids like it. it is an activity that all ages can enjoy which makes it a perfect activity for multi generations. the food and service is definitely above average for this kind of spot.