“mixed Feelings”

Hyatt Centric Park City
Ranked #7 of 60 Hotels in Park City
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 15 July 2014

I wanted to really like this place. We stayed for a 3 day weekend to celebrate a birthday. I am aware that Park City is a winter destination and summer is the "slow" season. We planned to hike and mountain bike.
We booked a points and cash award and used a suite upgrade.
The room was a nice large living area with separate bedroom. High end finishes. The bed and pillows though were not very confortable. The on site restaurant was closed on Sunday and Monday. We were not aware of this at the time of the booking. The food (breakfast and one lunch) from the on-sire restaurant was good. We were disappointed at the fact that the restaurant was closd for half of our stay. The entire placed seemed "desolate". Hard to find folks at front desk or at the marketplace. Marginal service.
I am sure that this would be a great place to stay in the winter. I would not stay here again in the "off-season"

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 9 July 2014

We recently spent 6 nights at this Hyatt. The hotel is really a timeshare. Limited food & beverage as on certain dates restaurant and bar not open. There is a marketplace concept. $3.50 for a cup of coffee. We were in a one bedroom with living room and kitchen. Very spacious nice design. One day no housekeeping service, another day when bar was supposedly open it closed at 8:30 P.M., hardly a Hyatt Hotel. Sent in the Hyatt survey and received a reply back from a junior manager after a myriad of issues. Lots of families and noise at night. In the future will move back to a full service hotel. Limited self-parking yet the valet parking guys were great! Wi-fi is included in the $25.00 a night resort fee.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
HyattEscalaPC, Director of Sales at Hyatt Centric Park City, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

We so appreciate you sharing your experience with us. As we ramp up for the summer season it is always our goal to provide various options for dinning within walking distance to the resort. Please note the we are not a vacation club or timeshare business model. I hope you will give us a another opportunity to experience our wonderful resort!

Reviewed 8 July 2014

This Hotel/Lodge is very beautiful. Convenient underground parking. Nice pool, little on the small side. Very large comfortable room. Front desk was friendly and checked us in early. Easy walk to Canyons Gondola. At night they have a nice outdoor fire pit. Restaurant inside hotel, can't say anything about it we didn't eat there. Coffee shop downstairs too, that was a nice thing to have available. Restaurants and shops near gondola.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. July 3rd is truly a special time of the year to be here in the Canyons. They always do a great job with children activities, music and fireworks. Hope to see you again next year!

Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed at this great hotel over the July 4th holiday. A pleasant surprise was the fireworks display on July 3rd. The hotel has just about everything you could need or want. The single pool is a bit small for the size of the property.

The hotel is about a 3 minute walk to a collection of shops, restaurants and outdoor stage for summer concerts.

• Stayed: July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. July 3rd is a special time of the year in the Canyons with many activites for both children and adults. Hope to see you again next year!

Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

The Hyatt Escalla Lodge is a great hotel with awesome access to the Canyons resort. The hotel has its own in house ski rental shop, a ski valet, and lift right outside the backdoor. The hotel also has a very good restaurant with a nice bar and great service. There is a huge pool and hot tub with a nice gym too. If you are coming to Park City I really recommend this hotel.

Stayed: March 2014

Thank you for your kind comments! We are looking forward to a banner snow year! Hope to see you next season!

Reviewed 22 June 2014

I was here recently for a conference. I'm not a ski person so I would have never stayed here otherwise. It was also my first trip to Park City or even the greater Salt Lake city area. This hotel is one of about 4-5, all part of the Canyons resort. All are near each other and were built about the same time and have similar amenities and layout but are, curiously, technically separate hotels. The location is great, just a short drive or shuttle from both main street in Park City and the stores near the interstate exit. Views vary from room to room but almost every room will have some sort of view. Best views would be higher rooms facing east.

The rooms are spectacular. I was in a king suite that was larger than many city apartments. It had a full kitchen with full size appliances, washer and dryer, a nice large living area with comfy leather couch and gas fireplace. The bedroom was separate and the bath had a whirlpool tub. Plenty of room for storage everywhere. I think every room has a balcony and the windows all open so you can enjoy that fresh and cool mountain air. Parking is valet or self park and is in an underground garage. If you drive a large vehicle it could be tight. The pool is nice and is great for an early morning swim or a late night (before 11) hot tub dip.

Service was outstanding. The physical environment of the hotel is very good but the people who work here are even better. While I didn't have a lot of interaction with folks because of my conference, everyone I did interact with, from front desk to housekeeping, was top notch. the level of service I experienced here was refreshing. Excellent people. I doubt I'll be back to ski or hike or anything but if I ever do end up in Park City again, I'll certainly stay here.

Room Tip: Ask for a suite! Sometimes a little pool noise from courtyard facing rooms.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
HyattEscalaPC, Director of Sales at Hyatt Centric Park City, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. We so enjoyed hosting your conference and getting to know the attendees. Hope you travels will bring you back to enjoy more of the many outdoor actitives available!

Reviewed 11 June 2014

Park City is just AMAZING... I can't begin to tell you how much we love the Hyatt Escala in Park City.. We come during the slower season (summer). The service is always on point! It's very close to Main Street where we kicked off The Silly Market! The Resort is near some great shopping (outlet mall) and very close to nature.

Vickie who works at the front desk made sure the process of checking out from my business stay into my vacation stay- well, it was flawless. I believe her words were (I was running late for an appointment to go rafting) "it will all be worked out by the time you get back"... AND it was!
Jason is also at the front desk, I must have called him 10 times during that week asking questions and ordering food. He's very patient.. and always smiling.

Moving on to food.. Travis at the Market Deli, he helped me every morning with my "non-fat Cappuccino" and some sort of local farm fresh eggs and vegetable concoction (naturally I made up as I ordered). Their restaurant serves amazing food that mostly comes locally right there in SLC and PC. Travis was fun to talk to in the morning.. and we celebrated his birthday on my last day there... well, I probably celebrated more than he did.

The rooms are exceptional.. I even got a welcome back note from Claudia the GM of the Hyatt! That's class! I have never seen better. Spacious, comfortable.. fire place, jacuzzi tub, doors that open to a patio set to enjoy the outside. Full Kitchen to entertain (which I did on Friday night!). I spent hours wondering how I could afford to live there!

I love the gym.. I saw an upgrade from the last time I was there. A new room for weight training.. mirror and all. I rotate from steam and sauna every other day. I don't get to use a Steam or Sauna very often, so I take advantage!

I spent one lovely evening around 9pm in the Jacuzzi, it's a big Jacuzzi. Only one night though as I had one in my room as well! That one got used every night!

I was there for about a week..(Westminster golf tourney at Jeremy Ranch) I became sad driving home... I have been coming to this Hyatt for about 4-5 years.. This may be the longest review I've done. I think the reason is because I literally feel like it's my second home (once a year).. I have grown to feel more welcome and at home because of the friendly staff each year.

It's the ONLY place to stay in Park City!

Room Tip: The Kitchens are large! full size fridge.. Everything is included in your kitchen to cook.. except...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank teetimewthcarla
Escala1234, Director of Sales at Hyatt Centric Park City, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

We so appreciate you staying with us and sharing your experience! Thank you, look forward to wecloming you back soon!