“Wonderful dinner at the Apex restaurant”
Review of Apex

Apex
Reserve with OpenTable
Apex is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #86 of 271 Restaurants in Park City
Price range: US$32 - US$42
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Empire Pass
Transit: Park City public bus system to Empire Pass stop.
Description: APEX- a mountain American grill inspired by the freshest farm to table ingredients. APEX sets the stage for a memorable on-mountain dining experience with a warm atmosphere and stunning views of aspen groves. A mountain American grill inspired by the freshest farm to table ingredients, APEX is casual by day, refined at night and always fun, approachable and frequented by locals and visitors alike.
Reviewed 16 July 2014

We had an outstanding meal at the Apex. I started with an appetizer of Sea Scallops and my wife had a delicious chilled carrot and ginger soup prepared by Chef Rebecca Johnston. For our entrée I had the Waygu beef which was very good and my wife had the Halibut which was outstanding. We had a delicious Crème Brule and cheese platter for dessert. The service was very good. Overall, if you are looking for fine dinning with delicious food, the Apex restaurant in the Montage Deer Valley is the place to go.

MontageDeerValley, Manager at Apex, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2014

Dear French S:

Thank you for joining us in APEX and for taking the time to share your review with TripAdvisor members. I am delighted to read that you had an outstanding meal, starting with the Sea Scallops and chilled carrot and ginger soup and that you enjoyed both the Waygu beef and the Halibut. I'm also glad that you were able to experience our Crème Brule and cheese platter at dessert and we appreciate your enthusiastic words about both the restaurant setting and our high service levels. It would be an honor to welcome you back to APEX in the coming months and years.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

High quality ingredients combined with a pleasurable staff made for an excellent dinning experience.

Dear Jacob M:

Thank you for taking the time to share your review of APEX with TripAdvisor members. We are delighted to know that your experience was outstanding. Thank you for noting the high quality of ingredients used in our kitchens and the quality service of our servers and associates. It was a pleasure having you as our guest and we hope to see you again at APEX.

Reviewed 22 June 2014

We stayed at Montage for a conference and while we were very impressed by the property, we were disappointed by their "signature" restaurant. While the food and service at this establishment were very nice, the ambiance was severely lacking. For a restaurant that serves $4,500/bottle Screaming Eagle Cab (I ordered a 2001, Viader) I was surprised that they admitted two parties (there were only four tables occupied) wearing shorts/t-shirts/flip-flops and blared Maroon 5 and various other pop bands throughout our meal. I found it hard to imagine that they would crank generic pop music in a formal dining room. I'm not asking for classical music, but ambient music or a more subdued soundtrack would have been more fitting.
It also took over an hour for our entree to arrive after our appetizer and for this, they offered us a free dessert, since their chef was "overwhelmed" by the four tables in service. My advice would be to head into Park City for a better meal with a better environment. I doubt any "fine dining" establishment could screw up the ambiance any more than Apex did for our meal.

1  Thank SlickWilliam

Dear SlickWilliam:

Thank you for staying with us at Montage Deer Valley and for taking the time to share your review and complimentary comments about our resort with TripAdvisor members. While we strive to present truly 'comfortable luxury' that does mean we do not set strict dress codes for our guest, rather, we want them to be themselves. I apologize if that standard meant that our restaurant setting was not as formal as you would have liked. I would welcome hearing from you during your next visit to Park City, as we would like to provide you with a meal that exceeds your expectations.

Reviewed 19 June 2014

We were here off season. The menu is somewhat limited, however, what they serve is superb. When you don't want to leave the resort this is an excellent choice. My husband wanted the halibut twice...it was that good. The manager came out to ask me how I liked a new item on the menu I had ordered. Very impressed by his concern and the food. It was the Salmon Crudo. Elegant and still casually comfortable. Very pleased with our two visits with food, dining room, and service.

1  Thank ndestin

Dear ndestin:

Thank you for joining us in APEX and for taking the time to share your review with TripAdvisor members. We're delighted to read words like 'superb' when describing our culinary offering and it is a thrill to know that the halibut was so satisfying that it had to be experienced twice in a row! Most importantly, we appreciate your noting that our team is sincerely committed to guest satisfaction and wants to know that everything is to your expectation. We would be honored to welcome you back as a guest in the coming months and years.

Reviewed 11 June 2014 via mobile

We spend last week end in Park City and dine around. We decided to drive to the Montage and have dinner.
From the moment that we enter the property, everything look spectacular!
We had a good dinner with nice service.

1  Thank Eclifford8

Dear Eclifford8:

Thank you for including Montage Deer Valley in your visit to Park City and for dining with us in APEX. It is wonderful to read that you had a great dinner experience and enjoyed our service. We are very appreciative that you took the time to share your comments with TripAdvisor members and we hope to see you again the next time you visit Park City.