“Under rennovation and disappointing”
Review of Park City Marriott

Ranked #16 of 60 Hotels in Park City
Reviewed 14 September 2013

Spent one night at this property that is under renovation. Website did not indicate that this was the situation and would have stayed at another Marriott property in Park City. Room was mostly complete but some light fixtures missing and toilet was not clean. Wireless was not working. Halls were being prepared for wallpaper so not really ready for guests. Executive lounge closed and offered continental breakfast (other properties typically offer a full breakfast when lounge is not available, especially given the lack of access at night). Overall not a great experience and would not repeat.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Katie L, Front Office Manager at Park City Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2013

Thank you for your candid feedback. Unfortunatly your stay was not up to yours or our expectations and it seems we have fallen short in a few areas. Please note that our website when making a reservation does say we are under renovations. I have taken note of your feedback for a full breakfast instead of the continental breakfast. I have also followed up with your housekeeping manager to ensure rooms are properly cleaned and all fixtures work. My apologies that your stay was not the best. I would love to speak with you personally to see how we can ensure this does not happen again.

Thanks,

There are newer reviews for Park City Marriott

Reviewed 14 September 2013

This is my first in ever submitting a review. However, I cannot help but to warn those that would like to visit beautiful Park City and be stuck staying in this filthy and disoriented so called Marriott hotel... better labeled as a motel. The front desk services was extremely unhelpful. When there was a problem with the booking reservation, the front desk manager, Katie, made matters even worse. The room was very dirty. We found hair in the sheets and sink. Even worse... as we attempted to use the bathroom the toilet was used and not flushed. The pool area is a very small, very crowded, and very dirty. I love children but we left our's at home to enjoy a weekend together... Kids galore in the one pool area, as well as running all around the main lobby. The Bell services was awesome and we are hopeful that take up jobs at a real hotel that offers guest services and clean rooms. Sorry to say: Park City Marriott is truly the Motel 6 of Park City... Try it and decide for yourself. Or better yet, book a reputable hotel with better reviews, there are many to chose from in Park City.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Susan M
Katie L, Front Office Manager at Park City Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2013

Dear Sue,

After reviewing your comment I was disturbed to hear that I personally have made your stay uncomfortable. My deepest apologies if I did. I believe we spoke personally via e-mail (please correct me if I am wrong) about an advance purchase that you were wanting a refund on. Marriott policy is to not return the deposit but given the circumstance we took the liberty of returning it. If this is incorrect please let me know. I would love to personally follow up with my housekeeping manager. Under no circumstance should a room be dirty. I would also like to personally apologize over the phone and get details on which room you stayed in so we can ensure this does not happen to future guests. Attached below is my phone number.

Reviewed 12 September 2013

The room was very clean and large, the bed was average. The parking onsite is limited however there is parking within a half a block. There were some issues which arose while I was there over Labor day weekend. The pool area was full of children which was ok however many of the adults did not have control over there children. We were trying to use the fitness room which had a door with direct access to the pool area, when children, some accompanied by adults came in and were fooling around on the equipment. These were children under 10 and some around five years old. They were wet from the pool area and were playing with weights and trying to use the treadmills. This made a very dangerous situation for the children and a unpleasant situation for me. I made one visit to the front desk and two more calls to notify them of this situation before a person in authority came to correct the situation. I blame management for not immediately jumping on the situation and I blame the adults who were breaking the rules clearly marked in the fitness room. On Labor day afternoon about three hours after check out time I decided to use the pool and the pool area was totally trashed and no clean towels. I went to the front desk for towels and told them about the situation and they said they had 100 groups check out and the pool area had a lot use in the morning. So for over three hours no one made any effort to clean up the hundreds of towels left all over the area. It took two more calls to get towels and clean up the area. Finally a person in charge came to check on the area after it was cleaned up and then called me to let me know the action taken. I believe those who did not check out should have a clean area to use even after others had checked out. I believe there is a management problem in that hotel as it took 3 times to get someone's attention in each situation which I hope is not up to Marriott standard. I have not experience this lack of attention to issues in a full size Marriott ever anywhere. This was my second visit to this hotel and it was labor day weekend however they were clearly not prepared to handle the crowds. I tried to find out who was the manager and the front desk did not know or would not say. I would think THE Manager should have been there on such a busy weekend. I would not stay there on a busy weekend again as things were out of control which I blame the adults for not controlling their children and not cleaning up after themselves and I blame management for not seeing that housekeeping did their job and for not responding quicker to a possible dangerous situation with the children in the fitness center.

Room Tip: If you are not traveling with children and you want to use their recreational facilities then I wou...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank brucedog

Dear Brucedog,

Thank you for sharing your experience here at the Park City Marriott. After reading your review I was dissapointed to hear about a lot of incidents that happened. I agree with you 100 percent about following through and attention to issues. Unfortunatly this was not executed. I have followed up personally with our housekeeping manager to ensure that they are constantly refreshing linens and towells in our pool area. What was more frustrating was that the front desk could not give you a clear and precise answer on if we had a manager on duty over labor day weekend. We did indeed have a manager and I am sorry that were not able to get in contact with him. I am working on training our front office staff on executing requests in a timely manner as well as feeling confident in knowing who is on staff when it comes to managers. I appreciate your candid feedback and hope that you if travel to Park City again we can restore your faith in us.

Reviewed 12 September 2013

This hotel was under construction, however I felt that they did everything they could to limit dust and noise. I have read comments about noise. . . . Well for this hotel to make sure they stay current with comfort and style, construction must happen. I was amazed at the front Lobby and how beautiful they have re-done it. It completly made me feel I was in my study, all books on the shelf are ones that you can take off and read. The TV's inlayed in the book cases and rock was a beautiful touch. The room service and houskeeping was VERY attentive to my needs and with-in minutes of me calling to request an item, it was delivered! The front desk staff were very pleasant and willing to accommodate my every need (even above and beyond) . Tiffany and Dani were very professional and kind. I talked to the General Manager for several different times when he was out front and he was telling me what the plans were for this hotel. . . . AMAZING!!! I will definately be going back to see these new changes that will be completed very soon. Dont be too hard on this hotel, they are doing all of these changes for you and I, to make our stay an even more memorable one!! Thanks for a wonderful stay!!! Brandon

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

Dear Brandon,

Thank you for the wonderful response. What you say is correct. Every step we are taking here at the Park City Marriott is to ensure our guests are comfortable and are being given what they need. I was pleased to hear that ALL staff in the hotel was attentive to your needs. I will make sure to pass on to all your response. Hope to see you soon in Park City again. Until then we remain at your service.

Warmest Regards,

Reviewed 9 September 2013

We hosted a group of ten couples from all over the USA over Labor Day weekend and all were most pleased with the hotel, it's characteristics, and its value. Staff were very competent, helpful, and friendly, and management helped us with some arrangements that otherwise would have been problematic due to ongoing renovations.
We highly recommend the Park City Marriott!

• Stayed: August 2013

Thank you for sharing your experience here at the Park City Marriott. I was elated to hear that your trip was wonderful. We here at the Park City Marriott are always striding to ensure we exceed our guests expectations even when we have renovations going on. If you find yourself travelling back to Park City Marriott we would love to have you are our guest again.

Reviewed 4 September 2013

This hotel was the final destination of a roadtrip to Utah (Park City/Salt Lake City) for a wedding me and my friends attended.

Location - Is quite optimal. Park City is very nice, and relatively easy to navigate around. Close to shops, (a 7-11 steps away), restaurants are also only a few steps away and it wasn't loud in the area at all. The busier part of Park City seemed to be Main Street (5min drive away from hotel). There is also a liquor store & grocery stores around the area. (*FYI, the liquor store in that area only accepts Canadian passports as a "recognized" form of Identification. Canadians cannot use their Canadian license)

Lobby/Wi-fi - First and foremost, there is ONLY free WI-FI in the main lobby. We were unaware that you had to purchase a wi-fi code for 10$/day (can add up to 6 devices). My friends complained that this wasn't communicated to them upon check-in, and ended up getting a free code (just something good to know..) While we were there, the hotel was currently undergoing a remodel, so the lobby and a few rooms were somewhat noisy during the day, but crews cleaned up by 4-5pm. There was always someone at the front desk to help with questions or place a room service order.

Services - This hotel is ideal for a large venue. The wedding we attended was for approx 200 people, and the ballrooms were great for that. The wedding cerermony was also outside, as the hotel has a sort of 'back balcony/deck' with a stamped concrete courtyard space. There is also gas fire pits outside with furniture and chairs for common-use.

The room service was actually quite good! We ordered it for dinner one night and it came fast, was quite affordable and very tasty. The staff weren't too pushy knocking on doors every morning for housekeeping, but rather gave us our space as we stayed all weekend.

The pool/fitness centre was actually nice. The pool is in an atrium enclosure, with high ceilings and a good hot tub. The hours say it closes at 10pm, but several nights we were in much later until 1am even without any hassle. The fitness centre is a decent size and offers free headphone earbuds to use in the machines.

Rooms - The room was very nice. The beds, even better! The mattress/linens and pillows were all great and got a comfortable sleep every night. Another great feature is the curtains are light-blocking ones, so the room stayed dark and comfortable until noon! The AC worked well and kept the room a comfortable temperature. As well, the mini-fridge kept the booze nice and cold, and the LCD tv was decent. Most rooms provided an atrium (pool) view. The bathrooms were quite nice, great shower (high water pressure) and had exterior sink for those needing to get ready while others shower ect.

The only pitfall of this hotel, seemed to be the parking. We drove there, and arrived at 8pm the first night. The parking lot was very full and took the only spot we found. However, during the day it cleared out, and there was plenty of spaces available by 4-7pm the following days.

Another pitfall was the 'quiet' policy. We got threatened to be kicked out 3X by hotel staff because of noise complaints from the 'elite' members on the top floors. It was a wedding party, what do you expect?

Overall, definitely a comfortable place to stay, with a great location, array of services and little extras that made the stay quite enjoyable.

Room Tip: Atrium/Pool view rooms are decent.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 September 2013

4-8 couples from Las Vegas have stayed at the Park City Marriott for the past 8-10 years every August for a week of Mountain golf!! We have loved the location and facilities and have come back year after year! We are not thinking about changing, because new policies impaction parking, We have two couples share two bedroom suites [lock out] and drive to Park City using one car per couple. This year only the individual leasing the larger room was provided parking with no arrangements for the other couple in the lock out; this is unacceptable for a hotel the size of Marriott. We carry the Marriott Platinum Elite Lifetime card along with one other couple, meaning we have stayed many, many time at Marriott's. At this time we are considering looking for another place to stay in Park City unless they work out arrangements for all guests! People should be aware of the parking issue when staying in Park City

Room Tip: Rooms facing Main St are the berrer location
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Katie L, Front Office Manager at Park City Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2013

Thank you for your concern about parking. Rest assured that every guest at the Park City Marriott receives a parking permit for their vehicle. Park City Marriott is located in the business center of Prospector Square which is operated by an HOA. We were given permission to park in three different lots around the hotel as well as underground parking which has an entrance to the hotel. I was terribly disappointed to hear that you were not offered a parking permit when you arrived or that you were given any directions. I have personally been reviewing with our front office staff to ensure that they are explaining the parking policies with guests as well as giving parking permits. If you travel to Park City again I am confident that we will be able to give you a parking permit and help you find parking. If you would like to discuss further please don't hesitate to call upon me personally. My direct contact information is attached below. Until then we remain at your service.

Warmest Regards,