“Great mountain getaway!”

Ranked #19 of 60 Hotels in Park City
Rocklin, California
“Great mountain getaway!”
Reviewed 2 October 2013

My wife and I had a very pleasant experience at this hotel. When I made the reservation, I was lucky to talk to the front desk manager Katie. She explained that they were under construction and were doing everything they could to accommodate customers and make their stay as uninterrupted as possible. With full disclosure we decided to trust our instinct and were very happy. A very friendly staff and very nice property. We will stay there on future visits and highly recommend to family and friends. A great location a short distance to downtown.
Thank you Katie for an excellent stay!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Katie L, Front Office Manager at Park City Marriott, responded to this review, 23 October 2013
Dear Bobby K,

It was a pleasure to meet you personally. I am happy we were able to make your stay comfortable even with renovations going. We look forward to having you back at the Park City Marriott next time. Again, please feel free to contact me personally before your stay.

Katie.lenhart@interstatehotels.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (172)
Orlando
Reviewed 24 September 2013 via mobile

The building is wood frame. As a result, you hear everything on all sides of you. Anyone walking above you sounds like they will crash through the ceiling. Not at all what I expect from the Marriott brand. Not in downtown Park City where all the fun is. Truthfully, kind of out of the way.

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank Floridagator
Dear Flordiagator,

Thank you for sharing your experience here at the Park City Marriott. It was disappointing to hear that the noise was such an obstruction during your stay. Please note, with our renovation going on we have been installing new carpet and new vinyl in the corridors to help ease the noise that some guests might experience during their stay. We truly value your concern and this is something we are addressing. Park City Marriott is located in Prospector square which is not located in downtown Park City, but when applicable we try to accommodate with transportation. There is also the Park City bus that has a stop right in front of the hotel. It runs a few times throughout the hour and is free to everybody. If you ever find your way back to Park City, I hope we can regain your confidence in us. Please feel free to contact me if you would like to discuss further. Until then we will remain at your service.

Regards,

Fort Lauderdale, FL
Reviewed 17 September 2013

I confess that I am more of a lurker than one to post here, but I have to share with you all my experience in this property. As many of you have read upon here, there are several concerning reviews, and as a Marriott Platinum member, I make it a habit to read Tripadvisor reviews before I stay at a new Marriott property. Given some of the negative reviews, I reached out directly to the front desk manager, Katie Lehnart, and expressed my concern. She replied within hours and assured us an upgraded room to a suite, and provided us full breakfast vouchers, given that the lounge is closed for renovations.

Upon check in, I was greeted by two front desk representatives, one in training and the other I presume experienced. If his badge did not indicate "in training," I would have thought he was an experienced employee. Overall, it was a pleasant check in experience, standard to all my other experiences checking in at other Marriott properties.

When we arrived to the room, we were given a nice suite on the second level. Katie also greeted us with a nice welcome box with goodies and coupon books for area attractions. The room was nice, but a bit dated. However, the hotel is undergoing renovations, so I guess this room will soon be renovated. The lobby is very nice, well decorated. The gym is ok, with mostly cardio machines and limited weight exercises. The pool and hot tub is nice, an area is closed off for renovation. The business center is located in the third floor with two computers and a printer, convenient to print at no cost. The restaurant and breakfast selection was good, with a variety of warm eggs, bacon, sausages, pancakes, and potatoes. Omelets were also included made to order. And there were also continental breakfast items, such as toast, omelets, yogurt, and muffins.

Overall, we had a pleasant stay, and given the negative reviews, we were concerned upon arriving, however we enjoyed our stay, and we only wished the weather was better. I have stayed at several Marriotts in a given year, over 75 nights, and while this one isn't particularly outstanding, I do find the negative reviews to not be representative of this property. If you have any concerns about your stay, I would highly suggest reaching out to the hotel directly, like I did.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your experience with us here at the Park City Marriott. It was a pleasure to meet you personally. If you ever find your way back to Park City, please think of us here at the Park City Marriott. Until then we will be at your service.

Warmest Regards,

New York
Reviewed 14 September 2013

Spent one night at this property that is under renovation. Website did not indicate that this was the situation and would have stayed at another Marriott property in Park City. Room was mostly complete but some light fixtures missing and toilet was not clean. Wireless was not working. Halls were being prepared for wallpaper so not really ready for guests. Executive lounge closed and offered continental breakfast (other properties typically offer a full breakfast when lounge is not available, especially given the lack of access at night). Overall not a great experience and would not repeat.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Katie L, Front Office Manager at Park City Marriott, responded to this review, 17 September 2013
Thank you for your candid feedback. Unfortunatly your stay was not up to yours or our expectations and it seems we have fallen short in a few areas. Please note that our website when making a reservation does say we are under renovations. I have taken note of your feedback for a full breakfast instead of the continental breakfast. I have also followed up with your housekeeping manager to ensure rooms are properly cleaned and all fixtures work. My apologies that your stay was not the best. I would love to speak with you personally to see how we can ensure this does not happen again.

Thanks,

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 14 September 2013

This is my first in ever submitting a review. However, I cannot help but to warn those that would like to visit beautiful Park City and be stuck staying in this filthy and disoriented so called Marriott hotel... better labeled as a motel. The front desk services was extremely unhelpful. When there was a problem with the booking reservation, the front desk manager, Katie, made matters even worse. The room was very dirty. We found hair in the sheets and sink. Even worse... as we attempted to use the bathroom the toilet was used and not flushed. The pool area is a very small, very crowded, and very dirty. I love children but we left our's at home to enjoy a weekend together... Kids galore in the one pool area, as well as running all around the main lobby. The Bell services was awesome and we are hopeful that take up jobs at a real hotel that offers guest services and clean rooms. Sorry to say: Park City Marriott is truly the Motel 6 of Park City... Try it and decide for yourself. Or better yet, book a reputable hotel with better reviews, there are many to chose from in Park City.

1 Thank Susan M
Katie L, Front Office Manager at Park City Marriott, responded to this review, 15 September 2013
Dear Sue,

After reviewing your comment I was disturbed to hear that I personally have made your stay uncomfortable. My deepest apologies if I did. I believe we spoke personally via e-mail (please correct me if I am wrong) about an advance purchase that you were wanting a refund on. Marriott policy is to not return the deposit but given the circumstance we took the liberty of returning it. If this is incorrect please let me know. I would love to personally follow up with my housekeeping manager. Under no circumstance should a room be dirty. I would also like to personally apologize over the phone and get details on which room you stayed in so we can ensure this does not happen to future guests. Attached below is my phone number.

Las Vegas
Reviewed 12 September 2013

The room was very clean and large, the bed was average. The parking onsite is limited however there is parking within a half a block. There were some issues which arose while I was there over Labor day weekend. The pool area was full of children which was ok however many of the adults did not have control over there children. We were trying to use the fitness room which had a door with direct access to the pool area, when children, some accompanied by adults came in and were fooling around on the equipment. These were children under 10 and some around five years old. They were wet from the pool area and were playing with weights and trying to use the treadmills. This made a very dangerous situation for the children and a unpleasant situation for me. I made one visit to the front desk and two more calls to notify them of this situation before a person in authority came to correct the situation. I blame management for not immediately jumping on the situation and I blame the adults who were breaking the rules clearly marked in the fitness room. On Labor day afternoon about three hours after check out time I decided to use the pool and the pool area was totally trashed and no clean towels. I went to the front desk for towels and told them about the situation and they said they had 100 groups check out and the pool area had a lot use in the morning. So for over three hours no one made any effort to clean up the hundreds of towels left all over the area. It took two more calls to get towels and clean up the area. Finally a person in charge came to check on the area after it was cleaned up and then called me to let me know the action taken. I believe those who did not check out should have a clean area to use even after others had checked out. I believe there is a management problem in that hotel as it took 3 times to get someone's attention in each situation which I hope is not up to Marriott standard. I have not experience this lack of attention to issues in a full size Marriott ever anywhere. This was my second visit to this hotel and it was labor day weekend however they were clearly not prepared to handle the crowds. I tried to find out who was the manager and the front desk did not know or would not say. I would think THE Manager should have been there on such a busy weekend. I would not stay there on a busy weekend again as things were out of control which I blame the adults for not controlling their children and not cleaning up after themselves and I blame management for not seeing that housekeeping did their job and for not responding quicker to a possible dangerous situation with the children in the fitness center.

Room Tip: If you are not traveling with children and you want to use their recreational facilities then I wou...
3 Thank brucedog
Dear Brucedog,

Thank you for sharing your experience here at the Park City Marriott. After reading your review I was dissapointed to hear about a lot of incidents that happened. I agree with you 100 percent about following through and attention to issues. Unfortunatly this was not executed. I have followed up personally with our housekeeping manager to ensure that they are constantly refreshing linens and towells in our pool area. What was more frustrating was that the front desk could not give you a clear and precise answer on if we had a manager on duty over labor day weekend. We did indeed have a manager and I am sorry that were not able to get in contact with him. I am working on training our front office staff on executing requests in a timely manner as well as feeling confident in knowing who is on staff when it comes to managers. I appreciate your candid feedback and hope that you if travel to Park City again we can restore your faith in us.

Mountain Green, Utah
Reviewed 12 September 2013

This hotel was under construction, however I felt that they did everything they could to limit dust and noise. I have read comments about noise. . . . Well for this hotel to make sure they stay current with comfort and style, construction must happen. I was amazed at the front Lobby and how beautiful they have re-done it. It completly made me feel I was in my study, all books on the shelf are ones that you can take off and read. The TV's inlayed in the book cases and rock was a beautiful touch. The room service and houskeeping was VERY attentive to my needs and with-in minutes of me calling to request an item, it was delivered! The front desk staff were very pleasant and willing to accommodate my every need (even above and beyond) . Tiffany and Dani were very professional and kind. I talked to the General Manager for several different times when he was out front and he was telling me what the plans were for this hotel. . . . AMAZING!!! I will definately be going back to see these new changes that will be completed very soon. Dont be too hard on this hotel, they are doing all of these changes for you and I, to make our stay an even more memorable one!! Thanks for a wonderful stay!!! Brandon

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Dear Brandon,

Thank you for the wonderful response. What you say is correct. Every step we are taking here at the Park City Marriott is to ensure our guests are comfortable and are being given what they need. I was pleased to hear that ALL staff in the hotel was attentive to your needs. I will make sure to pass on to all your response. Hope to see you soon in Park City again. Until then we remain at your service.

Warmest Regards,