“Tired and under repair!”
Review of Park City Marriott

Ranked #17 of 60 Hotels in Park City
Toledo, OH
“Tired and under repair!”
Reviewed 17 October 2013

Hotel was older and for a Marriott was in need of update. Much work was going on in terms of new carpet, floors, painting etc. off the lobby area. Room was spacious, but needed new carpet, and some other additions to upgrade the room as well as brighten the room up.
Never received the requested wake up call which did not help my mood at the end of the stay either.

Did get a good rate around $130.

Room Tip: Request you not be on the first floor which is in the basement.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Katie L, Front Office Manager at Park City Marriott, responded to this review, 23 October 2013
Dear Tamaralea,

Thank you for sharing how your stay went here at the Park City Marriott. I was very disappointed to hear that you did not receive your wake up call. This is not the standards we pride ourselves on. I have followed up with our At Your Service and Front Desk staff to ensure that every wake up call is logged and received. My deepest apologies you did not receive this. It must have been very frustrating.

Your comments about the hotel being under repair is correct. We have acknowledge that we were in need of a rejuvenation. For this we have updated our lobby, gift shop, Starbucks, bar, business center and restaurant. In progress right now is the guest corridors. We are very excited about the new Park City Marriott and if you ever find your way back to Park City, we would love to host you again.

Warmest Regards,

Katie.lenhart@interstatehotels.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (175)
Cape Coral, Florida
Reviewed 13 October 2013

We spent 7 days of our 14 day 30th anniversary trip at this Marriott. While I would have loved a bigger room, really we were only there at night to sleep. Clean, nice staff. Great Wellness area with all the weight machines, treadmills and ellipticals needed to get a good work out! very nice pool to do laps and hot tubs.Right in the heart of Park city. The tradeoff for a bigger room would be that it is so centrally located that we hardly used the car we rented! very nice! and by the way, the "work" that was being done in June that is referenced in several negative reviews here was a MASIVE sidewalk project by the City of Park City that the Marriott would have no control over. But the work being done is finished at that end of Main Street now!

Rocklin, California
Reviewed 2 October 2013

My wife and I had a very pleasant experience at this hotel. When I made the reservation, I was lucky to talk to the front desk manager Katie. She explained that they were under construction and were doing everything they could to accommodate customers and make their stay as uninterrupted as possible. With full disclosure we decided to trust our instinct and were very happy. A very friendly staff and very nice property. We will stay there on future visits and highly recommend to family and friends. A great location a short distance to downtown.
Thank you Katie for an excellent stay!

Dear Bobby K,

It was a pleasure to meet you personally. I am happy we were able to make your stay comfortable even with renovations going. We look forward to having you back at the Park City Marriott next time. Again, please feel free to contact me personally before your stay.

Orlando
Reviewed 24 September 2013 via mobile

The building is wood frame. As a result, you hear everything on all sides of you. Anyone walking above you sounds like they will crash through the ceiling. Not at all what I expect from the Marriott brand. Not in downtown Park City where all the fun is. Truthfully, kind of out of the way.

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank Floridagator
Dear Flordiagator,

Thank you for sharing your experience here at the Park City Marriott. It was disappointing to hear that the noise was such an obstruction during your stay. Please note, with our renovation going on we have been installing new carpet and new vinyl in the corridors to help ease the noise that some guests might experience during their stay. We truly value your concern and this is something we are addressing. Park City Marriott is located in Prospector square which is not located in downtown Park City, but when applicable we try to accommodate with transportation. There is also the Park City bus that has a stop right in front of the hotel. It runs a few times throughout the hour and is free to everybody. If you ever find your way back to Park City, I hope we can regain your confidence in us. Please feel free to contact me if you would like to discuss further. Until then we will remain at your service.

Regards,

Fort Lauderdale, FL
Reviewed 17 September 2013

I confess that I am more of a lurker than one to post here, but I have to share with you all my experience in this property. As many of you have read upon here, there are several concerning reviews, and as a Marriott Platinum member, I make it a habit to read Tripadvisor reviews before I stay at a new Marriott property. Given some of the negative reviews, I reached out directly to the front desk manager, Katie Lehnart, and expressed my concern. She replied within hours and assured us an upgraded room to a suite, and provided us full breakfast vouchers, given that the lounge is closed for renovations.

Upon check in, I was greeted by two front desk representatives, one in training and the other I presume experienced. If his badge did not indicate "in training," I would have thought he was an experienced employee. Overall, it was a pleasant check in experience, standard to all my other experiences checking in at other Marriott properties.

When we arrived to the room, we were given a nice suite on the second level. Katie also greeted us with a nice welcome box with goodies and coupon books for area attractions. The room was nice, but a bit dated. However, the hotel is undergoing renovations, so I guess this room will soon be renovated. The lobby is very nice, well decorated. The gym is ok, with mostly cardio machines and limited weight exercises. The pool and hot tub is nice, an area is closed off for renovation. The business center is located in the third floor with two computers and a printer, convenient to print at no cost. The restaurant and breakfast selection was good, with a variety of warm eggs, bacon, sausages, pancakes, and potatoes. Omelets were also included made to order. And there were also continental breakfast items, such as toast, omelets, yogurt, and muffins.

Overall, we had a pleasant stay, and given the negative reviews, we were concerned upon arriving, however we enjoyed our stay, and we only wished the weather was better. I have stayed at several Marriotts in a given year, over 75 nights, and while this one isn't particularly outstanding, I do find the negative reviews to not be representative of this property. If you have any concerns about your stay, I would highly suggest reaching out to the hotel directly, like I did.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your experience with us here at the Park City Marriott. It was a pleasure to meet you personally. If you ever find your way back to Park City, please think of us here at the Park City Marriott. Until then we will be at your service.

Warmest Regards,

New York
Reviewed 14 September 2013

Spent one night at this property that is under renovation. Website did not indicate that this was the situation and would have stayed at another Marriott property in Park City. Room was mostly complete but some light fixtures missing and toilet was not clean. Wireless was not working. Halls were being prepared for wallpaper so not really ready for guests. Executive lounge closed and offered continental breakfast (other properties typically offer a full breakfast when lounge is not available, especially given the lack of access at night). Overall not a great experience and would not repeat.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Katie L, Front Office Manager at Park City Marriott, responded to this review, 17 September 2013
Thank you for your candid feedback. Unfortunatly your stay was not up to yours or our expectations and it seems we have fallen short in a few areas. Please note that our website when making a reservation does say we are under renovations. I have taken note of your feedback for a full breakfast instead of the continental breakfast. I have also followed up with your housekeeping manager to ensure rooms are properly cleaned and all fixtures work. My apologies that your stay was not the best. I would love to speak with you personally to see how we can ensure this does not happen again.

Thanks,

katie.lenhart@interstatehotels.com
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 14 September 2013

This is my first in ever submitting a review. However, I cannot help but to warn those that would like to visit beautiful Park City and be stuck staying in this filthy and disoriented so called Marriott hotel... better labeled as a motel. The front desk services was extremely unhelpful. When there was a problem with the booking reservation, the front desk manager, Katie, made matters even worse. The room was very dirty. We found hair in the sheets and sink. Even worse... as we attempted to use the bathroom the toilet was used and not flushed. The pool area is a very small, very crowded, and very dirty. I love children but we left our's at home to enjoy a weekend together... Kids galore in the one pool area, as well as running all around the main lobby. The Bell services was awesome and we are hopeful that take up jobs at a real hotel that offers guest services and clean rooms. Sorry to say: Park City Marriott is truly the Motel 6 of Park City... Try it and decide for yourself. Or better yet, book a reputable hotel with better reviews, there are many to chose from in Park City.

1 Thank Susan M
Katie L, Front Office Manager at Park City Marriott, responded to this review, 15 September 2013
Dear Sue,

After reviewing your comment I was disturbed to hear that I personally have made your stay uncomfortable. My deepest apologies if I did. I believe we spoke personally via e-mail (please correct me if I am wrong) about an advance purchase that you were wanting a refund on. Marriott policy is to not return the deposit but given the circumstance we took the liberty of returning it. If this is incorrect please let me know. I would love to personally follow up with my housekeeping manager. Under no circumstance should a room be dirty. I would also like to personally apologize over the phone and get details on which room you stayed in so we can ensure this does not happen to future guests. Attached below is my phone number.

katie.lenhart@interstatehotels.com