“Great experience, when we finally got to the balloon ride.”

Morning Star Balloons
Ranked #22 of 38 Tours in Park City
More attraction details
Owner description: Step back in time to a place of fantasy where you can soar with eagles. Our gentle flights will take you to a place that can only be experienced by hot air balloon. You will be delighted and surprised at the serenity and ease of which our massive balloons take to the skies. Hot air ballooning is a sport of elegance and beauty where you can be at one with nature. You will not believe how smooth the flight is, and, if you thought you were afraid of heights you should come see the world from our perspective. Many people have come with us only to be surprised that they were not frightened to be up in our hot air balloons. You will surprise yourself too. Let us be that avenue to step out of your world and into ours. If you ever have any questions as to which balloon company to experience simply ask one of the top hotels in Park City who they recommend. We fly for all the top resorts: Stein Eriksen Lodge, The Montage, St. Regis, Hotel Park City, and the Waldorf Astoria, to name a few. Come join Morning Star Balloons on one of our daily flights over the majestic mountains of Park City, Utah. You'll be glad you did.
Reviewed 19 August 2013

I can't give the whole experience 5 stars because the communication with the company is beyond horrible. I called and called, left messages (for weeks) to no avail. When I finally actually got them to answer my call the day I wanted was sold out. I settled for the day after my anniversary. but then I never heard from the company again. (was trying to confirm date/time) Until the evening before. when I got a call that said there balloons was ripped and we couldn't go up. I told my wife that my plans were ruined but happy anniversary :(.
But then an hour later I got another call from another number which said that the last call was a hoax and somebody had called all the passengers trying to sabotage their business. But that the balloon was fine and they would in fact be going up. The actual balloon ride was amazing. Our pilot, Wild Bill, was funny,in his own way, and had very good control of the balloon. Landed it in almost the exact spot he said he was going to 30 mins prior. Both my wife and I had an excellent adventure and would highly recommend Wild Bill and morningstar, if you can actually get a hold of them.

Reviewed 30 July 2013

I can't believe any bad review that is posted about Morning Star Balloons after the wonderful time Daren Wilde showed my clients. I am a travel agent in Florida who sent 22 people to him for a balloon ride and they are still talking about how great Morning Star Balloons is. Daren was easy to work with, he was flexible and my group was most impressed. So, thank you Daren for showing my small group a spectacular ride! I will not forget everything you've done for us.

1  Thank travel4905
Reviewed 18 July 2013

My wife and I were so excited for this, but it turned out awful. There were three couples so they split me and my wife up and put us in different parts of the balloon. We objected, but the balloon operator condescendingly told us to be quiet and do what we were told or we'd put the whole flight in jeopardy. I understand the need for balanced weight, but they knew ahead of time there would be 3 couples. No sandbags or other measures were even attempted to balance the basked without splitting us up. The other couples got to enjoy the nice scenery together while my wife and I were each the third wheel in our respective sides of the balloon. We tried to lean in across the gas tanks to hold hands and take photos, but they all look strained and uncomfortable, just like we were. On the flight the operator continued to berate us for wanting to be together, explaining the balance issue, but in a very demeaning way. He was even upset that we were not having a good time. Very poorly handled situation. If we can ever afford another hot air balloon ride we will NEVER consider using Morning Star Balloons again!

5  Thank Adam S
Reviewed 29 June 2013

I had made an reservation with them in May. Then I needed to change our reservation and they were impossible to get a hold of. Finally the day before our scheduled ride the owner calls and asks if we can switch days. Hello, I'd tried 4 times in 2 weeks to get ahold of them to change it and they never responded. We couldn't change dates as we scheduled our other plans around it. Our ride was cancelled due to weather (which we appreciated our safety first)and the owner said he would work us in the following week since we were leaving the valley. When we called back to make a new reservation he said he'd put us on a waiting list. The next opening wasn't for two weeks out. Very discouraging, hard to get a hold of, poor customer service, empty promises. We got a refund and will not try Morningstar Balloons ever.

4  Thank LanuMeamata
Daren W, Owner at Morning Star Balloons, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2013

We do the best that we can to get all people on our rides as quickly as we can. We do have limited space on our flights and room is at a premium. We do offer our rides on a first come first served basis and despite many efforts and quite a few phone calls to accommodate we were not able to find a date available that worked with in their schedule. When we sell a certificate of this nature we do offer it for a two year period so that all who purchase have the opportunity to use their certificate.Our service wasn't the problem here, it was simply difficult to find a date that worked within a very limited time frame.

Reviewed 4 December 2012

Daren at Morning Star bailed us out of a bit of a predicament for an event and we ended up with a fantastic balloon ride for two to help our foundation. Thank you Morning Star!