“never again”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 3 March 2014

It is a rip off. Better go and eat a frozen pizza. Poor selection, bad food, very pricey. I will be surprised if they stay open next year.

1  Thank BernaRdmn
There are newer reviews for Bistro Kosher Deli

Reviewed 25 February 2014

My wife and I just returned from a ski trip in Park City, Utah. We dined at Bistro and were so impressed with the food and service that we returned twice more. The ambiance is nice, the staff friendly and attentive. The chef prepared some of the most delicious dishes we have ever tasted. We have travelled all over North America, Europe and the Middle East and can say without hesitation that this restaurant was right up there with some of the high end restaurants we have visited. We would not hesitate recommending this restaurant to all of our friends and family.

To the Chef, we thank you for the delightful, tasty and memorable experience. Keep up the great work!

Reviewed 24 February 2014

I think you have to get lucky to have a really nice meal at Bistro. It's a small place and most everyone seems to want to eat at 6:30-7:00. They are easily overwhelmed. We ate there twice and had good food both times. The gnochi was really good and the soup sampler was quite good and filling. At $19 for a burger, I expected amazing - but got OK.

When you're spending $40 or so a person, it would be reasonable to expect gracious dining. But, that's not likely to happen here. So get to know the people at the tables next to you (a little geography will yield plenty of shared experiences) and enjoy the fact that you are having kosher food while skiing in one of the nicest places there is. There's no doubt it's better than veggie burgers in the microwave.

Reviewed 20 February 2014

We were a group of ten. We arrived and told out of one special. Ordered food forgot salad for one person. Then told not enough salmon after we waited for entrees. Someone switched to something else. We ordered wine for ten people after fourth bottle we were to they had no more wine!! Restaurant is small, to bright for dinner. Food was okay. Would not recommend this place. Not many middle of the road choices but skip this one.

2  Thank switzerlanditaly
Reviewed 18 February 2014

My family of seven ate here every night this past week and were completely disheartened at the end of our stay. We were very excited to have a kosher option available when skiing, but this restaurant is so mediocre that I much rather would have brought my own food and cooked for my family every night in our room's kitchen. In fact, more often than not, we left the restaurant still hungry. We ordered just about everything on the menu during our 7 days dining there, and the food was consistently overcooked and bland. The portion sizes are very, very small and the prices are quite high. The one item my husband and son enjoyed was the rack of lamb.
Shabbat dinner was one of the worst dining experiences I have ever endured. It took 3 hours. The service was glacially slow and there were only a couple of people working. After 2 hours into the meal, they had just brought out the entrees, which were a choice of beef, a chicken cutlet, or breaded chicken schnitzel for children. The beef was fatty and overcooked; the chicken was rubbery with some "Ragu" pasta sauce dripped over it; and the kids' schnitzel was so dry that they had to drink some water along with each bite just to get it down. And, to make matters worse, the salad had a bug in it and when we brought it to the attention of the manager and showed him the creature, he took it back to the kosher supervisor in the kitchen and came back with the answer of, "he said he washed the lettuce but it's not foolproof!" By the time dessert was served (which was a scoop of cold blueberry cobbler with vanilla ice on top), most of the patrons had left. Everyone appeared so frustrated and stunned. Usually a restaurant has a jovial mood, but these Shabbat dinner guests looked so unhappy and there was a general atmosphere of gloom throughout the restaurant. We felt so taken advantage of, because we were stuck - we can't cook on the Sabbath or use money, so we had no other option. We had prepaid for the meals at $85 per person and were all treated as though we we were lucky to be given any food at all. The one light in this restaurant is Phil, a wonderfully pleasant waiter. The other waitstaff made many errors, such as forgetting to place my husband's entree order so he was left with nothing while everyone else was served. The same thing happened to other patrons while we were there.
It pains me to write this review because, as one who keeps kosher, the option of not having to bring a suitcase of food and being able to rest and be served after a long day of skiing instead of cooking dinner for 5 children and my husband and myself, was such a beacon when selecting Canyons as the location for our trip. But I feel obligated to let others know.

4  Thank NYCFamilyof7