There are many positives to this resort at Canyons Ski Area. If you're on a ski vacation, Utah is a great choice, 45 minutes for the airport to the slopes. We were there in their "shoulder season", 3rd week in April, spring break. The Ski area shut down the day we arrived. We were able to take a short trip to Park City Mtn. resort & Solitude, and loved the snowboarding at both places. Compared to California snow, Utah can't be beat. When we arrived to our "studio", it was so small the bell man couldn't enter the room, our stuff had to be handed through the door, and then passed to the next person. The "kitchen" was comparable to the one in our camper, usable, but no real space. The bathroom was literally, butted up against the bed. Seriously like somebody going to the bathroom outside your tent in the middle of the night. We had a great view on the ninth floor, but had to press my face against the window, as my body was smashed between the bed and window. Very cramped. You had no access to outside without going down a long hallway, & elevator. By the third day, I was so tired of bumping into my husband, that I asked to move to another room. Although the staff was very nice, and advertised wanting to service our dream vacation, we were told that we either had to pay an extra $100 night, or be held hostage to a time share presentation. In the end, we were moved next door to a one bedroom. Our vacation began. If you get a "real" room, Westgate is very comfortable. Having traded with Interval to many different resorts, Westgate is not a viable trade unless you get one of their good rooms. Park City itself didn't have much to offer at this time, outside of the good skiing. No live music, unless you paid for a 4 star dinner, because you can't just buy drinks. Or you can stay up with the younger crowd & start partying about 10pm. to hear a couple of live bands in town. Being at the end of their season, it seemed the younger hip service staff was tired of tourists. After moving us to a one bedroom, a family of four was put into our "studio". For four nights, we heard the screaming children through the lock off door. I guess that was our punishment for wanting to be able to go outside on a balcony. The kids were mostly screaming about having no room to sit. Can't believe four people could relax in that space. Luckily, we could go into the bedroom and shut the door, so it wasn't as loud. In the living room, we could hear every footstep & complaint. So, overall glad we saw Park City, great place if they had good snow and all resorts were open. I'd compare other resorts before deciding on this one. I went into town and received an excellent massage at Kneaders Massage in Park City.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westgate Park City Resort & Spa offers a memorable vacation for all seasons. A Ski-in/Ski-out resort with ski valet located directly next to the RedLine Gondola for winter fun, and close to all the summer fun activities as well. Westgate Park City Resort & Spa also features the full service Serenity Spa by Westgate, Drafts Sports Bar and Grill for great food and beer overlooking the ski lifts and Wasatch Mountains, Edge Steakhouse for a cutting edge culinary experience, Marketplace that proudly brews Starbucks coffee and has a vast selection of beer, wine, spirits, groceries and sundries, features Utah's largest Indoor/Outdoor pool, and is the only resort to offer free shuttle service to downtown, local shopping and area events. Choose from fully furnished Studio Villas to Luxury and Signature Four Bedroom Villas, featuring kitchens, whirlpool tubs, steam showers and fireplaces. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Ebookers, Odigeo, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Westgate Park City Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westgate Park City Hotel Park City
- Westgate Park City Resort And Spa
- Westgate Hotel Park City
- Westgate Park City Resort & Spa Utah