“Great Resort and Excellent Service” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Westgate Park City Resort & Spa

Westgate Park City Resort & Spa
Ranked #12 of 60 Hotels in Park City
“Great Resort and Excellent Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

I was heading to the Canyons for a conference and needed to choose between the several different resorts. I had some issues and the great people at the Westgate Group Sales office - Lani Lively in particular, really bent over backwards to try and accommodate me. This was my deciding factor to book with them. I was not disappointed. I would highly recommend staying with them and working with Lani if you are looking for a place for your conference.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Park City Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
We appreciate you taking a moment to review our great resort. It’s gratifying to read that our staff member Lani was able to surpass your expectations and assist with the issues you encountered. We appreciate you for choosing us for your stay and hope you provide us with the pleasure again in the future!

Ariel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (210)
Henderson, Nevada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2014

Beautiful location and facility! Wonderful service from the staff, especially Marvin and Eftim from Engineering who cheerfully tutored me through how to work the DVD player so I wouldn't disappoint my young Grandson who wanted to watch Horton and Molly who helped me arrange an early morning shuttle to the airport. The staff working the concession area by the pool were very gracious, too. It was clear that everyone was focused on helping us have an enjoyable, stress-free time.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Park City Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Thank you for your feedback. It was our delight to have you stay us! We loved to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our beautiful location. Our staff is trained to enhance your stay and we are so glad that you experienced that. We really look forward to you and your family staying with us again in the future!

Brisbane
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

I never give lower than 3 stars, as I think there should always be something to give a hotel at least 3. Why 3? First of all...I stayed here for 3 nights on business so I was alone this time.

Cons:
Air-conditioning system is NOISY! I am not talking loud a/c's. I am talking sudden and loud thuds every 5-10 minutes. I did not get one good night's sleep. I didn't see the point in requesting a room change as I figured all their a/c's would be as old and clunky as this one.
Bell service was appalling. It nearly bordered on rude.
Pillows: So I had 6 pillows on my bed. Every single one of them was massive, thick and chunky. Common sense please?!?! A hotel needs to have a choice...thin, thick, soft, etc...This contributed to my terrible sleeps or lack thereof.

Pros:
Wi-fi is included in price.
Very nice and comfortable looking rooms.
Bed was fairly comfortable.
Good selection of television stations to choose from.
Location: You cannot beat the location of this hotel. Classic ski resort!

Room Tip: I stayed in the deluxe suite. To be quite honest, I wish I could just get a refund and start again...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Daz M
Thank you for your review. We apologize for the issues you experienced during your stay and for any inconveniences they may have caused. We have taken note of each matter you have had and will pass them on to the appropriate members of our staff. Thank you for bringing these issues to our attention. Please know that although you had some challenges during your stay, we are always looking to make our guests stay better. We hope that you will give us another opportunity to exceed your expectations.

Wesley Chapel, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

We stayed at Presidential suite with 3 apartments combined. The housekeeping staff was on point in helping us keep our place clean, free of trash, and fresh towels. They were so accommodating. On the last day of our check out, we stayed at the pool area, and Carmen Moreno (activities department) helped us with getting a play pan for our 8 month old baby, while he was napping, so we adults could enjoy our BBQ and pool time. Awesome Bikram/Hot yoga classes as well. Enjoyed every single one of them, and I took 3! Sweet gym with enough equipment to keep busy and have a full body workout. The Adult area is incredible with sauna, Jacuzzi, steam room, and pool with waterfall. Enjoyed the Tennis courts, ping pong table and other outdoor activities. The shuttle to get you to see the city and town is on point as well with prompt drop off and pick ups. Everything was so enjoyable and relaxing. Truly a place to visit and enjoy!

Room Tip: with your balcony and hot tub is the best.
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you very much for your fantastic review! We are delighted to hear that you had an amazing time! Our location offers so much for families, from the unique activities as our yoga classes to our adult only pools. It was so wonderful to hear that you enjoyed everything our resort offers. We really look forward to you and your family staying with us again in the future!

Cleveland, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

We had a beautiful room with a very comfortable bed, large and clean bathroom, kitchen, leather couch, and two televisions. The front desk was extremely helpful and friendly. They got us shuttles several times, helped us plan a couple of day trips, (Mirror Lake is amazing,) and a fabulous breakfast place (No Worries Cafe - thanks,Shaun.) The manager, Clay Zellermayer, went way beyond what we expected to make our stay a memorable one.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Park City Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
Thank you very much for your fantastic review! We are delighted to hear that you had an amazing time. We love when we hear that guests enjoy there villas they offer all the comforts of home from full kitchens to washer & dryers. It gives us great pleasure that you were able to experience our first class service from our Team members. Our location is perfect spot to call home while exploring Park City and the surrounding area. The next time you’re in town; we would love to exceed your expectations once again.

Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2014

Amazing resort and awesome staff! The room was beautiful and perfect for our group.

The front desk team were very accomodating wether it was helping us find the perfect place to eat or when I locked myself out of my room in the middle of the night and did not want to wake any of my party up to get back in. The shuttle is also a huge bonus that we took advantage of.
Definitely a great vacation

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
We are happy to hear you had a great time and that our friendly professional staff had an opportunity to enhance your overall experience. Our resort offers unique amenities, from our beautiful views to our awesome rooms. We are delighted to know that you fantastic vacation and enjoyed your time with us. We hope to see you soon!

Rocklin, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014

We just returned home from a stay at the Westgate Park City Resort and Spa. We enjoyed our stay very much. We stayed in a two bedroom (which is basically a large one bedroom and a small one bedroom connected). We utilized the small one bedroom as sleeping quarters for our two small children (one in the living area and one in the bedroom). The unit #1703 A&B in the Elk Buildiung had a North facing balcony that received a little sun in the morning but was in full shade during the heat of the day and it had a filtered view of the indoor/outdoor pool.
The room was well equipped, clean and comfortable. We cooked several meals in the kitchen and found it to be well stocked with pots, pans and utensils. The larger of the one bedrooms 1703A had a large jetted bath tub that my kids enjoyed bathing in.
They have a total of three pools at the resort, the Main pool a combination indoor/outdoor pool is were we spent the majority of our time. They have a second outdoor pool and the third is an adults only indoor pool and spa with a large waterfall that roars throughout the space. This is where I relaxed once the kids were asleep! There was also a tennis court, basketball court and a playground for the kids!
The resort is at the base of the Canyons ski resort. We stayed here the first week of June and found that we were a bit early for the Summer season as many businesses and attractions were closed until the middle of June. Drafts, the sports bar, was right down the hall from our room. We had a great meal here but were bummed to find them closed two nights in the middle of the week (off season).
All parking for the resort is under ground and we were even able to fit our Toyota Highlander inside with a rocket box on the roof!
My wife spent a day at the Spa and really enjoyed herself. The Spa has won several "best in State" awards.
The negatives, not many... The resort is a series of buildings that all connect through hallways. to walk to the lobby from my room I would have had to go to the elevator, down to 5 th floor, walk to the next elevator in the bear building and then go down to the second floor to connect with the lobby building and then take the stairs or elevator down to the lobby itself. I'm young and healthy and don't mind a walk. I can see how some would find this irritating.
It would have been nice if there were luggage carts in the lobby of each building to use to haul all your stuff up to your room from the parking garage. I needed four trips to haul all our stuff up to the room, not enjoyable. I had tried to drop my bags with at the bell desk upon checking in but was told that my room was far and it would be easier if I drove to the parking area under my building and then used the elevator. Bummed me out. Fortunately the rest of our stay and the resort were great. We will be back in the winter!

Room Tip: Elk building on the pool side was nice. You did get a lot of pool noise but that was better than ge...
1 Thank walde74
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Park City Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Thank you very much for your fantastic review! We are delighted to hear that you had an amazing time with us. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your two bedroom villa. As we t offer many accommodations from our full kitchens, whirlpool tubs and balconies .It is also great you experienced all of our unique resort amenities from our wonderful pools to the playground for the kids. It’s a perfect way to spend the day with the family. I am sorry that you experienced issues with the layout of our resort as we are always looking for ways to improve. We thank you for staying with us as our location has so much to offer no matter what time of the year you stay with us. Please come back to stay with us again!